October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Lips - Mary Kay - Mary Kay Signature Amber Suede Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amber Suede is dupe for MAC's Fresh Moroccan, except Fresh Moroccan is frostier. I would describe the color as a reddish-golden- brick color. I do like the fact that Mary's Kay lipstick caps are color-coded the match the lipstick shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried this lipcolor for the first time, after requesting random lipstick samples from my consultant.

I usually steer clear of Reds. I'm a hard match because I'm very light skinned with mostly neutral undertones and very dark hair. Reds usually look too orange or too purple, making me look a little goth.

I like MK's reformulation of their lip colors. They no longer smell like perfume and didn't dry out my lips this time around. This red looked fabulous on me. I could definitely see using it as a night out staple. I was even wearing a dark top at the time and I didn't look the least bit like a vampire.

I think this may be one of those rare colors that looks good on lots of different skin tones. If you've been hard to match, ask your consultant about this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I will never be without this. It is slightly different from my all-time favorite MK product--suede lipstick. This color works on everyone. I used to be a consultant and I literally tried it on everyone who would hold still. I could wear it with browns, blacks, blues, most reds, khakis, or pretty much any color of clothing and makeup. It did show up on my teeth often until I learned Cindy Crawford's trick of putting a finger in my mouth like a straw and pulling it out to get the lipstick off the innermost part of the lip. then I could smile with confidence. The color stayed put and didn't bleed or turn orange or pink. It is a little dry, but I think that is why it has such staying power through the day. If you don't like that add gold rush lipgloss on top. My skin is NW 20 with freckles and my hair is blonde.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 7:30:00 AM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG red lipstick. It's just the perfect shade for my skin tone, because it doesn't turn fuschia as so many reds do, and it's not too brown/orange either. For reference, I wear MK 304 foundation, and I have brown eyes. The only thing I don't like is that this is not the most moisturizing formula lipstick I have ever used, so I'm taking off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this for evening occasions. It is surprisingly a very nice color even with my very light fair skin. Not for everyday wear though since it is more striking and would be great for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a browned red, very wearable. It looks great with berry red gloss or brown gloss and it's got great staying power. Only caution, if you have yellowish teeth, it will accentuate the yellow. Great, face-brightening shade otherwise and would suit everyone from palest blondes to darkest divas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

This is a great new shade from Mary Kay. It is sort of a muted red with a subtle golden/bronze shimmer to it. This looks great on me, has great staying power (if applied correctly) and I think it is a color that would work with all skin tones. I use the MK Neutral lipliner on the perimeter of my lips, then fill in my lips with the lipliner. Then I apply several coats of the lipstick, blot, then apply more lipstick and this will stay and not feather outside my lips.