July 29, 2014 | 1677 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Yogurt

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by suzihungary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these jumbo pencils. I have them in milk, yogurt, and black bean and they're all up to par. They are creamy, smooth, and a dream to apply. The only bad thing about them is the plastic covers that crack, but other than that they're perfect! I have quite oily eyelids, but with a primer (elf), they stay put.

To everyone saying they crease, use a primer! Creams will crease no matter what without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As I only ever use these as eye liner pencils I love them. On me as an eye shadow over primer they crease and end up looking oily and yuck by the end of the day - not the look I'm trying to achieve :)

Yogurt is one of my most reached for NYX jumbo pencils when I have a natural / brown look going on with my eye shadow and want something light shaded and natural looking for my lower waterline.

Soft pencils, glide on easily, super affordable and will last for ages. Only downside but can live with it is the clear plastic lids crack. Who knows NYX may improve them one day.

Yogurt is a really soft and light brown with a hint of sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

This jumbo pencil is a light pinky sparkly champagne colour that works well for daytime looks. As others have mentioned, it does crease but it's not even close to the mess that is the covergirl dual ended eyeshadow sticks that came out a few years ago (they were essentially glittery chapsticks). I haven't worn this by itself but I do put this over primer and then layer eyeshadow on top (urban decays 'toasted' and the bronze peach colour in there wet n wild comfort zone palette look particularly good with this!). Also, I put this on my bottom lash line to get a very subtle hint of a shadow when I'm doing a neutral look and I want to steer clear of any obvious eyeliner.

All in all, I would recommend this colour as an all over lid colour for fair skin tones, a highlight for darker skin tones and a base for everybody. As with all cream products, don't use too much because it will crease quicker!

(P.S. For all the Australians out there, they now sell NYX at Target - huzzah!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was fun for me, a really pinky kind of nude cream. I don't use it often, but when I wear it, I usually just wear it alone. It's very easy to use and kind of fun to put on.
I took a few lippies away because it's just a little too pink, I wouldn't buy it again, but that's just for the color.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

There I go again, hatin' on a product that everyone seems to love.

I really don't get the hype with these NYX jumbo pencils.
Hearing about all these rave reviews and watching youtubers use them in tutorials I was like "I gotta have them". Bought Yogurt and Iced Mocha because I thought the colors were pretty. Big mistake.

I can maybe see these working on someone with extremely dry eyelids, but for oily eyelids like mine, these are disastrous. They crease in MINUTES! I can't use them on their own, or as a base, they will melt and make a greasy mess out of my eye makeup.The texture is just waxy and sticky and gross and it's such a shame, 'cause the colors were super pretty. I might try them with a heavy duty primer and see how this goes but I'm definitely not hopeful.

I've heard Milani shadow eyez are super long wearing but I'm not gonna risk it. I'm kinda over cheap eye products for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

NYX describes this as pearly light brown. It has hints of pink, peach and golden tones and would probably work for any skin tone. I use this on the inner corners of my eyes and also as an allover lid colour. I naturally have small, slightly hooded eyes and this looks adorable used to line beneath bottom lash line as well aka the eye smile. It actually reminds me a bit of some of the ayego sal eyeliners products.

This does have shimmer but it's not garish or over-the-top and the colour is neutral enough that this can worn at work or going out. I use a bit of primer underneath this and have no issues with it budging/sliding/moving or disappearing at all unless I cry my eyes out or something maybe - actually, used with WnW Fergie primer I can barely get this off. I tried it on my hand the first time over primer and it even withstood me washing my hands - it took 2 washes to get this stuff off (again - WITH primer). Without primer if I use it an allover lid colour it will crease in less than an hour as does everything else on my eyes so I'm not going to hold that against this pencil.

Overall - I love it and would repurchase and recommend these pencils to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My rating for this product is 3.5. First, the color is gorgeous - a beige-pink-champagne shimmer that I think would look good on anyone. On me (very fair skinned/cool toned) it actually works as a crease color as well as all over the lid. It is very similar to UD Sin in color. I do like the look of it as a base for other champagne eyeshadows. However, anyone who expects this to be a stand alone eyeshadow base will be disappointed, since it does crease. Even with UD primer potion it creases on me. It also feels a bit greasy on the lid, and I find it difficult to blend out. The packaging is also quite cheap and the lid breaks easily. So, there are an even number of pros and cons for me with this product. I will continue to use the one I have but probably would not repurchase it, since I think a better quality dupe would be fairly easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love NYX products, especially the jumbo eye pencils but its hard for me to find them where I live. When I found out that a local makeup store carried NYX I was thrilled and rushed there to stock up on a bunch of their products. One of the things I got was this jumbo eye pencil. The color is a light mauvey pink thank looks awesome as an eye highlight or over the entire lid. I use this when I'm going for an innocent everyday look in the corners of my eyes or over my entire lid when I'm running late. Its a wonderful color and my only complaint is that it does smudge without a primer but it's totally worth it for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A shimmery light pink for inner corners of eyes or all over the lids. For sweet innocent look. Needs a primer to keep it in place for long periods

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mollyandwhatnot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on impulse at Ulta on my break from work.. along with a lot of other NYX products I'd heard good things about. I got this color "Yogurt" as well as "Lavender" and I love both shades. For roughly 8 years I was using a Revlon cream shadow as a base for all of my eye makeup (until I switched to the UD primer potion), so using this eyeshadow stick is really similar to that- super creamy and blendable. The only thing I don't like is that if I apply eyeliner on top of it, it transfers extremely easily to the top of my lid above my crease and the liner doesn't stay matte, it turns really shimmery (even with primer under it). So I've found that I like wearing it best on days when I'm running late and don't bother with the liner.