November 29, 2014 | 982 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Yogurt

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't understand the hype over this product. I have this for 4 years now and I still can't make it work. I just crease heavily, itssuper sticky and oily... You can't apply eyeshadow normaly, just doesnt blend right. You can even sharpen it with a regular jumbo sharpener, you need a special one...
I don't use eye primer, but reading reviews I see that it doesn't even help...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

Before I start this review I just want to say how annoying it is to watch YouTube videos where people use NYX products and you have no idea where to purchase them! So for anyone in the UK, never fear! Next (as in the clothing shop) sell a range of NYX products online, in catalogue and I've also seen a small selection in some stores!

I was so excited when I got this through in the post, I've just mastered the art of gold/bronze smokey eyes and thought this was going to be the cherry on top of the cake...I think I spoke to soon.

This is so slippy and greasy and I find it so so difficult to apply anything over the top of it! I don't know whether I'm not waiting for it to dry for long enough but it's just far too greasy for my liking!

I'm so annoyed because the colour is gorgeous and it would be amazing as a base but it creases so easily and just does absolutely nothing to compliment my other eye make up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Can 82% of MUA be wrong? I have oily skin, but with my Urban Decay primer, I usually get really good wear out of eyeshadows. However, I wore this under Mac's Expensive Pink shadow for a soft date night look and I was so disappointed. I came home after 3 and a half hours and I did a double take after I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. It had creased horribly! Mind you, I applied primer, then used the yogurt pencil as a base and set with the Mac eyeshadow. One of the worst products I've used. Like others have mentioned, the clear cap cracks easily but that was the least of my concerns.

Note: the same pencil in the color Milk is a great brow highlighter and it is long lasting. Definitely a hit and miss with this brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

*sigh* So I read the reviews - I knew I had to use primer with this thing. What I didn't realise was just how greasy it is. Even with UD Primer Potion underneath it creases into two big 'ol golden streaks. Not attractive.

It also seems to melt any eyeshadow put on top, so after a couple of hours you look in the mirror and see no eyeshadow left, just yep, those golden streaks.

I'm going to try this one more time with UDPP AND Mac Painterly underneath, but that begs the question - should a product be such hard work?? Its not as if the colour is all that unique - a rose gold that pulls warmer (read: more orange) on the skin than in the stick. Pretty dupeable, tbh.

At least it wasn't expensive, so I can toss it without remorse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I grabbed this during a recent trip to Target because I forgot to pack eyeshadow base/primer for a week-long trip (never again!). At less than $5, these are pretty good shadow pencils for lining the lower lashline/inner corners of the eyes, but not very good eyeshadow bases as they crease a bit. Yogurt is a nice shimmery champagne/peach-beige that reminds me of MAC Naked Lunch or NARS AAE duo. The pencil feels hefty and well made; however, the cap is not very durable and started to show cracks after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by suzihungary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these jumbo pencils. I have them in milk, yogurt, and black bean and they're all up to par. They are creamy, smooth, and a dream to apply. The only bad thing about them is the plastic covers that crack, but other than that they're perfect! I have quite oily eyelids, but with a primer (elf), they stay put.

To everyone saying they crease, use a primer! Creams will crease no matter what without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As I only ever use these as eye liner pencils I love them. On me as an eye shadow over primer they crease and end up looking oily and yuck by the end of the day - not the look I'm trying to achieve :)

Yogurt is one of my most reached for NYX jumbo pencils when I have a natural / brown look going on with my eye shadow and want something light shaded and natural looking for my lower waterline.

Soft pencils, glide on easily, super affordable and will last for ages. Only downside but can live with it is the clear plastic lids crack. Who knows NYX may improve them one day.

Yogurt is a really soft and light brown with a hint of sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

This jumbo pencil is a light pinky sparkly champagne colour that works well for daytime looks. As others have mentioned, it does crease but it's not even close to the mess that is the covergirl dual ended eyeshadow sticks that came out a few years ago (they were essentially glittery chapsticks). I haven't worn this by itself but I do put this over primer and then layer eyeshadow on top (urban decays 'toasted' and the bronze peach colour in there wet n wild comfort zone palette look particularly good with this!). Also, I put this on my bottom lash line to get a very subtle hint of a shadow when I'm doing a neutral look and I want to steer clear of any obvious eyeliner.

All in all, I would recommend this colour as an all over lid colour for fair skin tones, a highlight for darker skin tones and a base for everybody. As with all cream products, don't use too much because it will crease quicker!

(P.S. For all the Australians out there, they now sell NYX at Target - huzzah!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was fun for me, a really pinky kind of nude cream. I don't use it often, but when I wear it, I usually just wear it alone. It's very easy to use and kind of fun to put on.
I took a few lippies away because it's just a little too pink, I wouldn't buy it again, but that's just for the color.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

There I go again, hatin' on a product that everyone seems to love.

I really don't get the hype with these NYX jumbo pencils.
Hearing about all these rave reviews and watching youtubers use them in tutorials I was like "I gotta have them". Bought Yogurt and Iced Mocha because I thought the colors were pretty. Big mistake.

I can maybe see these working on someone with extremely dry eyelids, but for oily eyelids like mine, these are disastrous. They crease in MINUTES! I can't use them on their own, or as a base, they will melt and make a greasy mess out of my eye makeup.The texture is just waxy and sticky and gross and it's such a shame, 'cause the colors were super pretty. I might try them with a heavy duty primer and see how this goes but I'm definitely not hopeful.

I've heard Milani shadow eyez are super long wearing but I'm not gonna risk it. I'm kinda over cheap eye products for now.