NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Yogurt

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like how easy the Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencils apply to the eye. I mainly use the shade Yogurt to highlight my inner corners and it works perfectly.

on 6/21/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is definitely not something you can just apply without anything you do need a primer or a base but when you do, it's amazing. Amazing pigmentation, you can use it all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight. It's amazing. Not only is it good but the color selection is good too. I have yogurt, milk and black bean. Love them all.

I use this in the corners of my eyes to give an awake and bright look. Really helps brighten your face while being quick and easy to use.

on 1/6/2015 6:27:00 AM

This is such a great eye pencil: easy to use, excellent color, lasts forever, reasonably priced, the list goes on and on! Unlike some of the reviewers here I haven`t experienced creasing and I have really oily lids. The pencil can be sharpened easily with the Kiko Duo pencil sharpener. I use it every day because I have little time to do my make up and this is so convenient. The best thing to match it with is the Bourjois Extrait Intense 02, which is a similar shade but in pearl, which adds a discrete shimmer to your lids. I get so many compliments when I wear this.

on 11/21/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really don't understand the hype over this product. I have this for 4 years now and I still can't make it work. I just crease heavily, itssuper sticky and oily... You can't apply eyeshadow normaly, just doesnt blend right. You can even sharpen it with a regular jumbo sharpener, you need a special one...
I don't use eye primer, but reading reviews I see that it doesn't even help...

Before I start this review I just want to say how annoying it is to watch YouTube videos where people use NYX products and you have no idea where to purchase them! So for anyone in the UK, never fear! Next (as in the clothing shop) sell a range of NYX products online, in catalogue and I've also seen a small selection in some stores!

I was so excited when I got this through in the post, I've just mastered the art of gold/bronze smokey eyes and thought this was going to be the cherry on top of the cake...I think I spoke to soon.

This is so slippy and greasy and I find it so so difficult to apply anything over the top of it! I don't know whether I'm not waiting for it to dry for long enough but it's just far too greasy for my liking!

I'm so annoyed because the colour is gorgeous and it would be amazing as a base but it creases so easily and just does absolutely nothing to compliment my other eye make up!

on 9/11/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

*sigh* So I read the reviews - I knew I had to use primer with this thing. What I didn't realise was just how greasy it is. Even with UD Primer Potion underneath it creases into two big 'ol golden streaks. Not attractive.

It also seems to melt any eyeshadow put on top, so after a couple of hours you look in the mirror and see no eyeshadow left, just yep, those golden streaks.

I'm going to try this one more time with UDPP AND Mac Painterly underneath, but that begs the question - should a product be such hard work?? Its not as if the colour is all that unique - a rose gold that pulls warmer (read: more orange) on the skin than in the stick. Pretty dupeable, tbh.

At least it wasn't expensive, so I can toss it without remorse.

on 9/11/2014 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I grabbed this during a recent trip to Target because I forgot to pack eyeshadow base/primer for a week-long trip (never again!). At less than $5, these are pretty good shadow pencils for lining the lower lashline/inner corners of the eyes, but not very good eyeshadow bases as they crease a bit. Yogurt is a nice shimmery champagne/peach-beige that reminds me of MAC Naked Lunch or NARS AAE duo. The pencil feels hefty and well made; however, the cap is not very durable and started to show cracks after a few uses.

on 7/9/2014 8:27:00 PM

I LOVE these jumbo pencils. I have them in milk, yogurt, and black bean and they're all up to par. They are creamy, smooth, and a dream to apply. The only bad thing about them is the plastic covers that crack, but other than that they're perfect! I have quite oily eyelids, but with a primer (elf), they stay put.

To everyone saying they crease, use a primer! Creams will crease no matter what without a primer.

on 5/24/2014 12:10:00 AM

As I only ever use these as eye liner pencils I love them. On me as an eye shadow over primer they crease and end up looking oily and yuck by the end of the day - not the look I'm trying to achieve :)

Yogurt is one of my most reached for NYX jumbo pencils when I have a natural / brown look going on with my eye shadow and want something light shaded and natural looking for my lower waterline.

Soft pencils, glide on easily, super affordable and will last for ages. Only downside but can live with it is the clear plastic lids crack. Who knows NYX may improve them one day.

Yogurt is a really soft and light brown with a hint of sheen.

Popular Eye Shadows