April 19, 2014 | 1195 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Yogurt

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

There I go again, hatin' on a product that everyone seems to love.

I really don't get the hype with these NYX jumbo pencils.
Hearing about all these rave reviews and watching youtubers use them in tutorials I was like "I gotta have them". Bought Yogurt and Iced Mocha because I thought the colors were pretty. Big mistake.

I can maybe see these working on someone with extremely dry eyelids, but for oily eyelids like mine, these are disastrous. They crease in MINUTES! I can't use them on their own, or as a base, they will melt and make a greasy mess out of my eye makeup.The texture is just waxy and sticky and gross and it's such a shame, 'cause the colors were super pretty. I might try them with a heavy duty primer and see how this goes but I'm definitely not hopeful.

I've heard Milani shadow eyez are super long wearing but I'm not gonna risk it. I'm kinda over cheap eye products for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

NYX describes this as pearly light brown. It has hints of pink, peach and golden tones and would probably work for any skin tone. I use this on the inner corners of my eyes and also as an allover lid colour. I naturally have small, slightly hooded eyes and this looks adorable used to line beneath bottom lash line as well aka the eye smile. It actually reminds me a bit of some of the ayego sal eyeliners products.

This does have shimmer but it's not garish or over-the-top and the colour is neutral enough that this can worn at work or going out. I use a bit of primer underneath this and have no issues with it budging/sliding/moving or disappearing at all unless I cry my eyes out or something maybe - actually, used with WnW Fergie primer I can barely get this off. I tried it on my hand the first time over primer and it even withstood me washing my hands - it took 2 washes to get this stuff off (again - WITH primer). Without primer if I use it an allover lid colour it will crease in less than an hour as does everything else on my eyes so I'm not going to hold that against this pencil.

Overall - I love it and would repurchase and recommend these pencils to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My rating for this product is 3.5. First, the color is gorgeous - a beige-pink-champagne shimmer that I think would look good on anyone. On me (very fair skinned/cool toned) it actually works as a crease color as well as all over the lid. It is very similar to UD Sin in color. I do like the look of it as a base for other champagne eyeshadows. However, anyone who expects this to be a stand alone eyeshadow base will be disappointed, since it does crease. Even with UD primer potion it creases on me. It also feels a bit greasy on the lid, and I find it difficult to blend out. The packaging is also quite cheap and the lid breaks easily. So, there are an even number of pros and cons for me with this product. I will continue to use the one I have but probably would not repurchase it, since I think a better quality dupe would be fairly easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love NYX products, especially the jumbo eye pencils but its hard for me to find them where I live. When I found out that a local makeup store carried NYX I was thrilled and rushed there to stock up on a bunch of their products. One of the things I got was this jumbo eye pencil. The color is a light mauvey pink thank looks awesome as an eye highlight or over the entire lid. I use this when I'm going for an innocent everyday look in the corners of my eyes or over my entire lid when I'm running late. Its a wonderful color and my only complaint is that it does smudge without a primer but it's totally worth it for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A shimmery light pink for inner corners of eyes or all over the lids. For sweet innocent look. Needs a primer to keep it in place for long periods

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mollyandwhatnot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on impulse at Ulta on my break from work.. along with a lot of other NYX products I'd heard good things about. I got this color "Yogurt" as well as "Lavender" and I love both shades. For roughly 8 years I was using a Revlon cream shadow as a base for all of my eye makeup (until I switched to the UD primer potion), so using this eyeshadow stick is really similar to that- super creamy and blendable. The only thing I don't like is that if I apply eyeliner on top of it, it transfers extremely easily to the top of my lid above my crease and the liner doesn't stay matte, it turns really shimmery (even with primer under it). So I've found that I like wearing it best on days when I'm running late and don't bother with the liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My everyday makeup look is this shadow stick all over the lid, liner, mascara and that's it! Love this product:

-the color is very unique. it's like a mauvey, pinky, champagne color. It's almost metallic looking. it's perfect.
-the price is amazing. i got mine for $4.50 at ulta. can't beat that!
-they can tend to slide around if you have oily lids but if you put on a little eyeshadow primer before that fixes it. no worries!
-perfect size for makeup bag. perfect for travel.
-the texture is smooth, creamy, easy to blend out.
-i know this isnt very important but i LOVE the name haha

the jombo pencils are a great find. if you don't fancy this color they have many many more to chose from. i would say they are one of nyx's nicest products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as an all-over lid color on lazy days when I still want to brighten up my eyes. It's creamy, pigmented, and doesn't crease or fade on me. I am not a fan of the plastic cap, which cracked when I first used the pencil, but for such a great price, I'm willing to let that slide.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow pencil, it is super super super pigmented, it is such a pretty color and shadow sticks are super easy to use. This color looks really good on all skin tones and it works super well as a base for other eyeshadows, I also like how the color can be built up or blended out. The consistency is super creamy and smooth, I love it. I highly recommend this to everyone who wants an easy to use, super pretty, great quality and rather inexpensive eyeshadow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! I heard that it is a REALLY close dupe for Chanel illusion d'ombre in "Emerveille" which is about $36 (in terms of colour, not sure about the texture, how many hours you can wear it etc.)