July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Blush - Almay - Cheek Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair skin, and Pink 140 looks very natural on me. Its a nice rosey colour: no mauve or brown, no fushia. It's not shimmery or shiney either, which is super important for my oil skin. The look is very natural, sweet and soft. It gives me the same colour as if I pinched my cheeks gently. It's very light and buildable, and it goes on easily, but its almost impossible to "over do it". It never looks fake! The brush is also superior to most other brushes included in drugstore blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Love Almay blushes! Sets a very high standard for blushes, imo. I own this blush in 140 Pink- which is a very sweet, innocent pink color (comparable to Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface). This blush is very smooth for a powder product- it is not crumbly or chalky or rough. It goes on very nicely, a lot better than many blushes that I've tried. This blush goes on very evenly over any face products, which is a huge sigh of relief for me! It is also very buildable and consistent in its color. What I really, really love about it is that it looks natural on the face. The staying power is pretty good, and it has a very nice price tag of around $5. There is a great variety of these blushes from light to dark shades- probably will go purchase some more! Definetely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in Pink, 75% off at the last CVS clearance and have been wearing it every day since. I'm not a big blush fan, so I can't compare it to a zillion brands, but I can tell you it fit my needs (wants): natural pink color, no to very low shimmer, and low price. Winner! It looks great over all of my foundations, lasts a solid 8 hours without fading or changing colors, and doesn't break me out (or break the bank, especially on clearance). Love this and would repurchase it, assuming it's not discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great blush. I have the natural one. I haven't been using it lately because of my acne but I use it as an eyeshadow, strange I know. But when I was using it for the blush, it gave me the pefect color. Not a strange pink like I've gotten with some other blushes before.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush, its amazing. i have it in soft pink.

WHY DO THEY DICONTINUED THIS BLUSH, WHY????? I canīt understand almay change their lovely blushes for these new ones. I used to use Soft pink 170 and it was the most beautiful blush ever!!!! Why??? Does somebody knows a dupe for this blush?? Please??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up a few shades of Almay blush for 2 reasons. First, it has Zea Mays (cornstarch), which is the best mattifier for super oily skin (like mine). Second, was because while I love a super matte foundation, I like to balance the matte look by having shimmering blushes. I think blushes with a little sparkle make you look fresh and young, but that's just my opinion ;-) I was pleasantly surprised that Almay blushes are highly pigmented, which means I can use less blush on my face, and it will take longer to finish the entire compact. I have this in 4 shades; Natural, Mauve, Peach, and Pink..and I love them all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging is prolly the most basic you're going to find. No mirror. Why rated at 5? Because the PRODUCT is wonderful. My first try was Peach. For whatever reason, I never got a good look with my regular blush brushes. Product went on with a flat powdery look. It was when I switched to a kabuki that I saw a worthy wow factor. Subtle daytime shimmer without the sparkle.
Now, I have an HG product in 3 flavors : Spice, Peach, and Wine. So excited was I, I purchased a dedicated kabuki for these blushes. Inexpensive, blendable colors. Tested on a 10 hour day: Lasts All Dang Day. Love. $3usd each at Big Lots.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have this in Natural, a warm pink/brown that is fairly light. I normally wear cool eyeshadow colors and pink blush, but I wanted something I could wear with more warm eyeshadow colors. The packaging is very simple, plain white plastic with a clear plastic lid. The texture is very nice, easy to blend but with way too much shimmer for my taste. Just applying a tiny bit of this blush leaves me looking glittery. If this was a matte blush then I would be giving it 5 out of 5. I will use up what is left in the container but I doubt I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by staying-You have got to try this great blush!
This is a powder blush that comes in the following shades: Natural, Spice, Peach, Pink, Mauve, and Wine.

Not the most creative names, but in the end that doesn't matter because this is a terrific product. I purchased the pink shade even though I usually choose more peachy shades. The pink looks pinky/peach on me and has a very slight shimmer that is very complimentary. For reference- I have fair skin w/ warm undertones that is very sensitive and tends to by on the rough and dry side. Note-I've only seen about 3 of the colors in stores (mauve, pink, and natural), so I'm not sure what that is about.

I probably never would of tried this blush, but I found myself staring at the cashier at my local coffee shop because she had the most pretty, creamy flush to her skin. Of course I HAD to embarrassingly ask her what she was wearing. I thought it was a cream blush because it looked so velvety. Luckily, it has the same affect on my skin.

Pros:
-The website lists that it contains natural ingredients (always a plus) such as rosehips and gingo biloba.
-Great color pigment that blends in like a charm
-Never looks flaky or cakey on my dryish skin-had the best and most creamy finish of any powder blush I've used.
-Has great staying power even in heat and humidity

Cons:
-Slightly spendy for drugstore brand (10 or 11 bucks)
-Don't like the narrow and rectangle design of blush. (Makes it hard to use my own fluffy brush)

Overall, I would definitely buy this again, and would be interested in trying the natural shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2004 10:00:00 AM More reviews by edleweiss

I really like the color when I look at it (it's on Blush). It's kind of pinkish peach with golden sheen. When I put it on, however, I think it doesn't really blend into your face, instead, it's kind of just sitting there. You have to give it extra effort in blending to make it look natural.