November 29, 2014 | 945 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim the other day from Target for around $8. In the last year, I have purchased and tried out almost every drugstore foundation available. Yet I am never satisfied and always wanting to try something new. So, I bought this and I am very impressed. I agree with everything the reviewer below me said - it has great medium coverage, looks natural, blends effortlessly and smells amazing (like apricot or something - just like the CG Olay "tone rehab" foundation smells). It's hard for me to describe the finish - it's not matte but not dewy either... all I know is it makes my skin look youthful and "plump" (I hate that word but can't think of how else to describe it). It's kind of dewy, but not in a shiny, sticky type of way (which I can't stand). The consistency is really nice...it's thick but creamy and moisturizing - almost as if you're putting a nice heavily tinted moisturizer on your face that just absorbs into your skin yet the coverage remains. I have a "Normal" skin type for reference, and with a primer and set with some powder, this lasts a good 8-10 hours on me. Now I did take off 1 lippy due to the shade range. I have light/medium olive skin tone and Buff was the closest shade match for me. It works but it looks a little ashy on me at first...but after it sets it's almost as if the shade adjusts a little bit (not orangey oxidation though). It would be awesome if they had some more warm undertone shades. All in all, I am lovin' this stuff. if you have a normal or dry skin type - you might want to try this out! There are hardly any reviews online so I though I'd put my 2 cents in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To me, this foundation is the epitome of "Hidden Gem", and it has real HG potential. I really wish it would've worked for me.

Pros:
*Lightweight feel
*Medium coverage
*Looks "natural" (as natural as a foundation can look anyway)
*Not cakey
*Blends effortlessly
*Smells like a bouquet sent from Heaven
*THE PUMP

Cons:
*The pink undertones

Some are claiming this foundation is "heavy coverage". I have no idea how those ladies are using it, but I can assure you, it is definitely not full coverage. I would put this foundation at medium coverage, I've never been able to build it up to full without it looking weird.

I've owned this since July, and I can honestly say I've reached for it less than 10 times in almost 4 months. This is only because they don't have a shade to match me. Cover Girl has this awful tendency to run pink in all of their foundations. In fact, I've tried a ton of their foundations, and only TruBlend comes with yellow or neutral undertone foundations. I have the second to lightest shade-classic ivory. The lightest shade was extremely pink, and this one was a little more neutral, but still really pink.

I bought this because I had a coupon and it was on sale for $8 at Dollar General. I desperately needed a foundation (I was on a month long trip, and forgot all my makeup at home- I know, it was terrible, but that's another story), and this was honestly an amazing option for foundation at the local corner store.

It's actually a really wonderful foundation, it smells and feels high end. I know that may not make sense, but it has a light fresh scent, that I wish all foundations had. The scent lingers a little, which I don't mind, because it just smells fresh and nice. It feels silky smooth to the touch, and doesn't settle into fine lines (it's especially formulated for this reason). The pump will win anyone over, it has never messed up on me. If they had my shade, I would wear this foundation everyday- hence the reason I am so upset about the pink undertones. This has HG potential.

I will occasionally pull this out, because when I pair it with a yellow powder (Ben Nye banana luxury powder), and I don't try to build up the coverage, it looks fine. I have to be really careful about blending, and not putting on too much, otherwise it refuses to match me. Personally, this is way too much work to go through every single day for foundation. I haven't tried mixing this with other foundations, but I may in the future. If it ends up working with another product, I may repurchase.

When I do wear this foundation, I find that it is very dewy. I usually set my foundations with pressed powders that are meant to keep you semi-matte, without taking away the dewiness. With this foundation, however, I always set it with a loose powder that is meant to completely mattify the face. Otherwise, I get oily in a couple of hours. With loose powder, my foundation lats a good 5-6 hours before getting oily, and even then it is very minimal.

Maybe one day, Cover Girl will get their act together and make more of their foundations yellow and neutral friendly, but until that day, I will have to set this foundation aside. For more mature women, who can find their color match in this foundation, this may be a godsend!

I hate that this product only has one deal breaking con, but if you have pink undertones, or you can find a match in the darker shades (I don't know what undertones those have) then you may have to see if this is HG material!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jubejube47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this foundation for years. I have tried others, and wound up tossing them out and rebuying this one. It covers my redness perfectly, and blends in well. I pump a pea-sized amount onto my finger tip and dip a makeup sponge into it to apply to my face. The only thing I don't like is that if I put it on in the morning, by evening it does start to turn a bit orange, but by then it's time to remove it anyway. This is one product I cannot live without.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is horrible! During the first day of wearing it, it started giving me really bad bumps all over my cheeks. Now I'm still dealing with them. I honestly just believe that cover girl has horrible foundations. They always irritate my skin and cause itchy bumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so confused when I read the reviews for this product. I would be put off immediately if I hadn't tried it for myself before reading. I seen some say the coverage is too heavy while others say it is very light. Also seen some complain that it made them oily and others dry. So, I want to write about my experience with this foundation.

This is currently the only foundation that I have purchased more than once. I have tried just about everything you can think of. Mac, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Almay, Loreal, and the list goes on. Why do I keep coming back to this?

I have oily/combo skin with medium acne. Most foundations get super cakey looking around my nose area throughout the day because of oil. This one does not! It doesn't make me look oily or radiant even. It mattifies my skin. I believe this to be a light to medium coverage depending on how it is applied. Applied with beauty blender-light, applied with hands-medium. I wouldn't call this my HG because I'm still looking for that. This foundation is definitely my go to until I find it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

The coverage is heavy, so use a light hand. Great texture but bottle cannot be finished with a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by JessicaJxoxo

I reallllyy wanted this foundation to work for me. The texture was perfect when first applied and left my not-so-perfect skin looking flawless. But I noticed that after using it about 3 times that my skin broke out like never before. This is the only product that I can recall that has given me noticable, irritated acne. Once I stopped using it my skin cleared up in about a week or so. That said, if your skin doesn't have a bad reaction to it and isn't super oily I would give this foundation a try. If you're acne prone and in no need of 'anti-aging' foundations I would just skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

In a nutshell: This is a lovely, creamy foundation and works well on an everyday basis. Good consitency, creamy but not too thickening. It feels great on the skin, does not look too thick or cakey. It provides SPF and gives a radiant finish. Very blend-able and does not settle into the fine lines and creases of the skin. It leaves my skin looking smooth and natural and covers up my blemishes yet still looks like I'm wearing zero makeup.

Pros:
1. Applies beautifully and is does not feel sticky nor tacky on the skin
2. Blends well and does not settle into any fine lines or creases
3. Fresh smell but does not linger on the skin for long
4. Good coverage, covers blemishes, hyperpigmentation and what not
5. Gives a lovely dewy and glowing radiant finish
6. Pump squirts out a good amount and keeps bacteria away from the product

Cons:
1. Fairly pricy for a drugstore foundation ($27 AUD)
2. Since it gives a dewy finish this may not be suitable for people with oily skin
3. Majority of the colours in this range have a bit of a pinkish undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by mcjp72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have ever used. Great coverage. Super blend able. Love the Dewey finish. Smells fresh. It's just awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Thatgayb_tchthatsmells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've since moved on to an organic natural foundation, but before that I used this. The consistency and texture is BEAUTIFUL, very light and creamy, just delicious. The pump packaging is very effective and not wasteful. A great choice for a creamy liquid foundation and it has a pleasant scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No