April 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

The coverage is heavy, so use a light hand. Great texture but bottle cannot be finished with a pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by JessicaJxoxo

I reallllyy wanted this foundation to work for me. The texture was perfect when first applied and left my not-so-perfect skin looking flawless. But I noticed that after using it about 3 times that my skin broke out like never before. This is the only product that I can recall that has given me noticable, irritated acne. Once I stopped using it my skin cleared up in about a week or so. That said, if your skin doesn't have a bad reaction to it and isn't super oily I would give this foundation a try. If you're acne prone and in no need of 'anti-aging' foundations I would just skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

In a nutshell: This is a lovely, creamy foundation and works well on an everyday basis. Good consitency, creamy but not too thickening. It feels great on the skin, does not look too thick or cakey. It provides SPF and gives a radiant finish. Very blend-able and does not settle into the fine lines and creases of the skin. It leaves my skin looking smooth and natural and covers up my blemishes yet still looks like I'm wearing zero makeup.

Pros:
1. Applies beautifully and is does not feel sticky nor tacky on the skin
2. Blends well and does not settle into any fine lines or creases
3. Fresh smell but does not linger on the skin for long
4. Good coverage, covers blemishes, hyperpigmentation and what not
5. Gives a lovely dewy and glowing radiant finish
6. Pump squirts out a good amount and keeps bacteria away from the product

Cons:
1. Fairly pricy for a drugstore foundation ($27 AUD)
2. Since it gives a dewy finish this may not be suitable for people with oily skin
3. Majority of the colours in this range have a bit of a pinkish undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by mcjp72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have ever used. Great coverage. Super blend able. Love the Dewey finish. Smells fresh. It's just awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Thatgayb_tchthatsmells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've since moved on to an organic natural foundation, but before that I used this. The consistency and texture is BEAUTIFUL, very light and creamy, just delicious. The pump packaging is very effective and not wasteful. A great choice for a creamy liquid foundation and it has a pleasant scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

I don't know what I was thinking buying this. My skin is not quite ready for "advanced radiance" maybe in another 20 years. This smells and is on the expensive side for drugstore. Color selection is bad all colors are pink undertones. The only things I liked about this was the pump and the foundation was smooth going on the skin, but it highlighted every flaw on my skin! It was greasy and I got like a heat rash on the side of my face and cheek. Not a good product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the negative reviews of this product on here. I really like it. It has an amazing creamy texture that covers well but does not feel heavy or mask like. It does not settle into lines and gives my skin a nice glow. My skin is prone to breakouts and I have not experienced any while using this product (I have been using it a couple of weeks). It smells strong but I like the odor (tangerines) and it disappears quickly.

I am not 100% into the color I bought (Classic Beige 130) especially now that summer is here. It is a little too light and ashy for my medium olive skin tone but since this blends well, I still use it and feel like it looks natural with a bronzer. I will probably try a different color next time. In the long run, if I cannot find the right color it may be a deal breaker. Still I think this product is worth a shot. It feels and looks amazing on your skin and is a great price.

I think it is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I made a mistake when I bought this. That mistake was also buying concealer, which I have never needed with this foundation! It's still a light to medium coverage foundation, but it blends everything so well I have yet to use concealer. I consider myself a make-up snob. Drugstore make-up is never an option for me. But I've been on a BB kick and had no foundations, so I grabbed this one at CVS since it was 50% off, I liked that it was oil-free, non-comedogenic, and had Olay peptides. Olay is one of the few drugstore brands I'll ever trust. I still like those things but here's a full list of pros:
1 Does NOT build up around pores or wrinkles. I'm 23 but I feel like my make-up makes me look 43 sometimes, the way it emphasizes my wrinkles by the end of the day. This doesn't do that, at all!
2 Colors, there are so many, they all blend well, and I love that some of the fairer shades have warmer undertones.
3 The radiance! I know it's in the name, but it really does make your skin glow without being shiny.
4 Coverage - I don't need concealer on blemishes, this covers so well. It also evens out my little redness.
5 Doesn't get greasy and lasts all day.
6 The pump is AMAZING
7 Doesn't break my super sensitive skin out. At all.
Cons:
1 It does oxidize to a warmer pinker/oranger color without powder. With powder, it was fine.
2 It feels a little funny to touch, almost tacky or sticky. Once again, with powder, not noticeable.
3. Feels a little heavy for the medium coverage.
4. Not really buildable, I haven't yet had a blemish that this foundation wouldn't blend or cover, but if someone has more significant redness than I do, I don't know if it would work.
You should wear powder over your foundation, so my cons are minor, but as someone who doesn't always have time for a powder application, it's a little annoying.
I wear 115 Natural Ivory and apply one large pump over my entire face with a synthetic, curved foundation brush. I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This did not work for me cause my skin tends to hate anything with a radiant finish. It's to bad cause it looked so lovely on my friend! I'd recommend this for normal to dry skinned girls. Love the packaging and love how it looks on other people!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product. I am not a big fan of Cover Girl but after reading all the great reviews for this product, I had to try it. The colors were very pink and none came close to matching my fair, olive skin. This is pretty typical of CV to me. I have never found a shade that came close to matching my skin. The shades lean toward chalky and pink.
The closest was an Ivory shade and it was too pale and gave my skin an ashy looking cast. The formula was thick and went on nicely but set to a dull sheen. It also made my face look bumpy. Perhaps it filled in my pores like Bondo. I don't have any bumps on my face. I am also no a fan of the cloying scent that was a bit lemon with a hint of green tea scent.
The only redeeming features of this product were the pump top and the moderate to full coverage. I would not buy this product as I don't want to look like I am wearing an colored bumpy mask on my face. I also would not recommend this product.