October 21, 2014 | 2102 users online

Hair - Elasta QP - Mango Butter Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a great moisturizer for my hair. My hair is so dry and thick that many other moisturizers don't penetrate deeply enough and just sit on the top of my hair. I use this product almost daily in the winter and alternate between other days during the warmer seasons. This made my hair so soft and it even moisturized the ends of my hair which need a lot of help. On the packaging it says its good for styling twist outs, braid outs,etc. I don't imagine it would give you much hold because its very soft, but you could layer this on top of another styling product. If you're looking for a moisturizer that's cheap and makes your hair soft this is it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I currently own the newly reformulated version. I will say that when i had used this stuff quite some years ago, i actually didn't like the stuff at all. So, i ended up giving up on it. Well, i later on decided to give it a try. I am not sure exactly how many times this product has been reformulated. But, the one that i bought last year (in 2013), works very well for my hair. I like to use it as a leave in treatment in my hair, before washing it. It does have a sort of perfumey scent, but i am able to tolerate such nonetheless. And, when the weather is cool/cold out, i like to use it sparingly as a hair moisture. One jar really lasts a long time. Plus, it is very reasonably priced, and you can easily buy it locally within a variety of stores (Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, etc.), including beauty supply stores as well.

If you have very dry hair, I would definitely recommend investing in this moisturizer for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has got to be the worst hair product know to mankind. Judging by the ingredients list, one would assume that it's a decent enough product. One would assume that it provides at least decent moisture and hold. This is the most drying product I have ever used on my hair. It's watery and dries my hair out completely. I actually had to take out my flat twists (which normally stay well moisturised throughout the week) and moisturise my hair with some Hairveda Red Tea Moisturiser (my absolute favourite). Oh well - teaches me for straying. I'll keep looking for another moisturiser to stray with while keeping my staples warm on the back burner, you know, just in case.

In the meantime I'll stay well away from Elasta QP moisturiser (or maybe just the whole line). Shyte. Just shyte.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hello22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its kind of like a gel for my hair it holds it back in place it definitely doesn't moisturize for my hair as good it smells great but did not give a good result so I guess ill just use it for pony tails only because it holds back in place and my hair is not soft at all angry results

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you use a light hand, you'll love this product. It moisturizes very well without greasiness, and it smells YUMMY. I finally gave it a try after reading the ingredient list. I'm so glad I did. The lotion version is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Ella009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hello,
I was looking for a good and cheap curl defining product for my hair but that also provided moisture and doesn't weigh it down. BANG BANG...I found this one! I noticed a difference the very first time I used it and I must say, I am extremely impressed and happy with this product. I purchased it for $5.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and not everyone's hair is the same. I have fine, curly, (frizzy mainly on top of head) weak hair and this works for me!

Pros:
Gives me the moisture I need (was lacking)
Does not weigh my hair down whatsoever
It's not greasy, sticky nor flaky
No residue
Smells amazing...to me
Defines my curls
Curls is soft and bouncy
Really tamed my frizz!!! woo hoo
Gives a natural look and feel that I like and no need for me to spray with hairspray.

Cons:
A lil thick but I don't mind.

Overall, I am really impressed and happy with this is. I do recommend this product for those who have fine, curly, a lil frizzy hair. Definitely not for those who have coarse hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by morenitaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the way it smells and it keeps my flyaways in place but that's not what it's for. It's supposed to moisturize and I feel like it does the opposite. I wasted my money =/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

Elasta QP Olive Oli & Mango Butter Moisturizer is a real bargain and buy. This product can be used daily for lightly moisturizing tresses as well as pressing hair from natural to straight. It smells great, good quality, and very affordable. You can find in most beauty supply stores marketed to African American women.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by missladyberries

So of course since I read some great reviews of this product, I decided to go out and buy it. As much as I wanted to like it, I have to say I'm a little disappointed in this moisturizer. I feel like it was more of a holding puddy than a moisturizer.
PROS: Smells good, gives nice hold to braidout/twistout/bantu knot
CONS: Too thick, felt dry when putting it on, not enough "slip" when added to hair.
I'm sure it works wonders for some people, but I guess my hair just didn't like it :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pretty useless. I searched allll over for this product after reading rave reviews around the web. Finally found it at some side street BSS where I paid $10 knowing good and well that it normally sells for less. I really wish that I had kept my money. When I say that this product was pretty useless....I honestly mean useless. I put it on my hair and felt absolutely nothing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No