October 23, 2014 | 941 users online

Foundations - Cover FX - COVER FX

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very heavy foundation and the coverage was great! But it clogged my pores and I didn't find it very hygienic. Because it was so sticky, along with time, microfibres tend to land and stay on the foundation, which I didn't find very appealing before each use. I will only use it when I go out at night because I will need something heavy and has a lot of staying power. Oh and it looks not natural but not cakey either, depends on how much you put on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kaycon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent powder foundation. I use this over my liquid foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) as a setting powder. I have an oily skin type, with sensitive skin and some redness to cover up. I found this foundation stayed on for the whole day, and worked well as a base for my bronzer and blush application. It is pretty pigmented, which is nice in hiding redness and imperfections. Overall, this powder foundation is a good product and I do plan to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a bit and seriously it did hide allllllllll the imperfections that I add but I did found it heavy as well. Although my skin didn’t react bad to it I felt (only felt) that my skin wasn’t breathing and that a had a mask on my face since it’s a pretty thick texture and composure. I do recommend using it if your doing a photo-shoot or a night out or any special event because the result is great and you look flawless but when I wasn’t using it, I had more trouble “facing” my little flaws let’s say and in that case it seem like my skin was worst but only because I was used to that perfect skin look. Now I don’t use foundations anymore and I opt more for a tinted cream of the BB’s.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Awful try dermablend!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this didn't work for me. I bought it in a pinch when I forgot my toiletry bag on a trip. The shade range is great, especially for my super-pale yellow skin. And the oil-free, long-wearing claim suckered me in. It looked beautiful for the first few hours and then it ended. It caked, oxidized and made my skin feel like it was gasping for air. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Atlantaellis

I love this product so far ( a week+ into wearing). I have sensitive skin, "normal" skin that breaks out into peri-oral dermatitis from most foundations, thus requiring a round of topical RX creams. I was on the hunt for a foundation that gave me a flawless finish and was still easy on my skin.

A MUA at Sephora recommended the CoverFX cream and worked with me to find my shade (N35). I first tried the product for a few days with the anti-aging primer as a base and found I got a little shiny. I switched to the CoverFX Matte Primer and TA-DA! Perfection! I use the Sephora Pro Airbrush Foundation Brush sprayed with just a touch of a "fix spray" (I use MAC "Fix") and stipple it onto my skin (no stroking) after applying primer to a clean and moisturized face. It gives a subtle dewy finish that can be buffed to a beautiful matte with a setting powder.

I've sense invested in CoverFX's G-Light and N-Deep concealers to contour and highlight as needed, as well as blend the two together for the perfect match to cover imperfections/blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, Cover FX products did not work for me at all. I like the color options because I am completely yellow/green based and the g series is a perfect match. I love that all their products are vegan which is why I tried this companies products. I mainly wanted to use this cream foundation as a concealer but whether I try to apply with a regular or damp sponge/brush it still applies much too thick and cakey. It is very matte and seems to accentuate pores. It also accentuated fine lines under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Supatoon

I LOVE this foundation! But, there are tricks to applying it. When I first got it, I was using a regular foundation brush. This worked, but it went on fairly uneven and heavy. Same results came from using the included sponge, especially if you rubbed the sponge on your skin. The best method I have come across, is using the Sephora Pro Airbrush brush. I buff the foundation in and the result is amazing! You can easily build coverage without looking cakey. For areas I want just a bit more coverage, I use the sponge but only dab it on.
Seriously, do not give up on this foundation. Try using the right brush or blender and I'm certain you will see it in a different light.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by smittee3

Very difficult to apply evenly because it's soooo chalky and dry...even with moisturizer applied first. My skin is normal and this makes my skin feel very dry and the foundation feels caked on. Please don't waste your money. This product is expensive and there are lots of superior foundations on the market for less money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by nfa160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me: combination skin, slightly dehydrated.
I went to House of Fraser interested in buying cream foundations in lighter and much darker shades than my skin for face contouring. These foundations are excellent for that have excellent texture for mixing, blending and getting that amazing contoured look you want to go for (hint: this is more for photoshoots and special events than an everyday look).

Now, why did I give it 2 points overall rating? First, it is a huge, disastrous no-no for oily skin, or dry skin. If you put on foundation (any type) and your skin looks flakey, then make sure you are drinking a lot of water, and using the right moisturizer daily! This foundation is not for you! However, they don't say that. And, so, they trick people into buying their product.