April 19, 2014 | 919 users online

Lipstick - Guerlain - Divinora -Transparent Brilliant - Sheer and Shine SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by xding78

This morning I found this lipstick lying in a corner of a drawer. Then I remember how much I loved this lipstick. I still remember the compliments I got when I showed my girl friends the flip-top mirror. I've got a color 344. I just couldn't find this color anymore. It's such a comfortable lipstick. It's so natural, the smell and the smooth texture, that you don't feel it at all. But I think this product is discontinued. Although you could still find it on eBay and Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by iloveshoesandcoffee

I have this in 345, a mauve-ish dark terracotta shade. This is fabulous, well worth the money in my opinion. It is slightly sheer but not too shiny. Rich in color. Smells just like violets. A very sophisticated product. And I love the packaging too, the flip top mirror alone convinced me to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I have this in shade 381, a neutral cool toned beige/brown. Lovely texture, good staying power, gorgeous case, of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lilbit565

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Guerlain Sheer & Shine lipsticks are my HG, my absolute favorites! I have many lipsticks by Chanel, YSL, Mac, and other quality brands, but IMO none compare to Guerlain. I adore the subtle violet scent. LOVE the sheer colors, really I have yet to find one that I do not like! My lips instantly look plump and soft. Excellent staying power and seems to make my lips softer with use, (unlike Chanel Aqualumieres Sheer lipcolors which look nice at first but for me they settle into lines and makes my lips look dryer and less plump). Pricey, but check ebay, I frequently find these NiB for $13-$17. Packaging is quality but I do wish they would switch to a matte silver/platinum, as the gold is a bit OTT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently tried this lipstick while on vacation in Victoria, B.C. (as there's no Guerlain counter near me) and it is the best feeling lipstick I've ever tried. And it has such a gorgeous case with that swiveling mirror on the end of the cap. Total decadence. I bought #380 which is a sheer plummy color. Gorgeous. I tried the new and highly promoted KissKiss lipstick while I was there, too and bought a couple shades of that, but I prefer this one to those as this feels more moisturizing (kisskiss leaves more of a matte finish) and this is sheerer. Love it. But man is it hard to get your hands on. I wish I'd bought another shade of this while I was there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Guerlain has 3 different versions of Divinora lipsticks. This review is for the Sheer and Shine SPF 10.

Product Description: A lightweight glossy and comfortable texture for a truer- than- nature result. The deliciously tender and sensual shades, with a shining bright, enhance the natural complexion of the lips to sublimate them.

On Me: These lipsticks rock baby! Gives a very light natural shimmery look that somehow makes my lips really look sensual! Its creamy and moisturising too. For the first time, i dont have to wear a lip balm underneath my lipstick & i dont get cracked lips (which i usually do with other lipsticks when i forget about my lip balm). There is a slight violet smell (same smell as their powders) and i detect a taste but i cant tell what taste it is. I simply adore the packaging - gold hammered case is divine but its the mirror thats so like a James Bond gadget. I seriously didnt know there was one until i read other reviews...its on the cap - very discret yet absolutely practical...i mean with such decadent packaging...why bother touching up in the toilet in front of that huge mirror. Now you can do it at the dinner table in full view of all the girls (but personally i still prefer touch ups in the ladies...)

Totally forgot to mention the colours i bought

320 - a shimmery red (would say it leans towards orangey red)
360 - a shimmery rose petal pink
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 3:38:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I have this colour too, and it is a gorgeous pink red sheer. I got it in the new "Precious" formula for spring which is essentially just this colour dipped in fairy dust aka sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by maruja

I agree with the other mua's, this lipstick is definately special, a flattering mix of pink, coral and red with a lovely gloss and good staying power. It is expensive but lasts, I will probably buy again, it flatters my very pale, freckly complexion. I've had it for one year and I am almost finishing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this color after reading the rave review written by Nikua below me. She has described this lipstick perfectly. This is a gorgeous subtle red that can be worn lightly during the day and more intensely at night. While I would not describe it as a warm berry red - I don't see any berry it is a very interesting pinkish-coral-red on me. I like it very much. I don't think it would have been a color I would have chosen on my own so thank you Nikua for talking me into this wonderful lipstick color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first guerlain l/s and it has become my favourite one in a rush. I asked the sa to find me a red lipstick that's not too loud, would compliment my pale complexion and still look classy. She came along with this really divine divinora lipstick (notice the wordplay? *g*). It's one of the sheer ones - with the nice little mirror on top of the tube. The packaging is so gorgeous and it just feels so sheer when you apply it, as if you didn't even wear lipstick! The lasting power is fairly good for sheer/shine lipsticks and it's super moisturizing as well!

I was surprised by the color - I usually look awful in warm reds and pinks with tones of orange or yellow in it. 321 is a warm berry red, but it's so versatile and looks so gorgeous! I can wear it as a light and subtle look for work, more sophisticated for an evening out as well as classy in my best suit when presenting the latest results in front of bankers and financial consultants.

So versatile, so beautiful, so nice feeling on - definitely worth 5 lippies!

***UPDATE*** Just wanted to let you know, after 3 months I still love it! :)