Clinique Moisture Surge Eye Gel

2.6

on 6/2/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found it not moisturizing enough and can cause millia ( little bumps or clogged pores under your eye )

It end up dusty in my fridge for a long long time.

on 8/5/2011 11:23:00 AM

This is exactly the same as MSG for the face, just use that and save your $$$s.

on 8/4/2011 9:41:00 PM

Not the best eye cream out there. I like the gel texture, but like the facial moisturizer, it felt like there was a light film over my face. Will not be purchasing again.

on 10/21/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't dislike this eye gel, but I'm not a huge fan either - I wouldn't buy it again, but I give it two lippies because it did seem to deliver a lot of hydration to my eye area. However, I had to apply quite a but to avoid tugging at the skin, and then it would dry up and rub off or worse: Seem to create a smothering shell that had made wrinkles the next morning.

I'm sticking with the All About Eyes roll-on serum for now, it seems to work way better for me.

on 9/5/2010 4:06:00 PM

Generally, this eye gel is very lightweight and easy to apply. It's serum like consistency is more liquidy than other gel products that I've come across. It is supposed to give moisture and hydrate eyes but after using almost half a tube, I really don't feel any difference. It has a slight cooling effect immediately after application but will fade after a few minutes.

This product does not help with under eye circle at all and I doubt it is marketed as such either. I am using a different product for my under eye circle now and have seen major improvements.

on 7/31/2008 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this eye gel for over 5 years. It's the perfect eye gel for morning use and it does help with dark circles and puffiness. In the winter I switch over to the rich version, but this will always be a staple in my skin care regimen. As with most Clinique products I wish they would change the packaging to a tube rather than a jar.

on 5/25/2008 11:26:00 AM

I like this product but it doesn't do much on it's own other than feel sort of cool and soothing. I find if you layer this on top of your regular moisturizer, it seems to increase the moisturizing properties of the first moisturizer. I liked the skinny tip on the tube, but I think they've repackaged it into a small jar... too bad.
not sure if it's any different than regular moisture surge product though... still, i would repurchase this because I think it works.

on 10/7/2007 1:34:00 PM

can anyone tell me where they got this product? clinique doesnt have a moisture surge eye gel? they have all about eyes, which comes in a gel form, and this helps with dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. is this maybe the product you're reviewing? thank you!

on 10/5/2007 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I brought it based on the promises to help improve the eye area like undereye circles and freshen wrinkles without puffing up eyes. Initially I liked it, as it was light and fresh, and didnt intefere with my makeup.

But after using 2 whole tubes of it, I realised it didn't do anything at all. I was wasting my money and all my time applying this. Plus the lost opportunity of being able to apply a product that actually worked.

Buying a product that does nothing else, based on the idea on what it won't do, "won't puff up your eyeslids like other creams" doesn't make sense. Buying and doing nothing will achieve that for free. I'm losing faith in Clinique's skincare.

on 9/7/2007 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had a little tub from a clinique bonus pack that I forgot I had, and over the past month or so I've been using a little dab on days when my eyes just need an extra little ooomph of moisture.
I really love this stuff. I don't give it 5 lippies because I don't think it does anything truly drastic or altering, but it feels nice, cool, and smooth on my eyes. Sometimes, they feel like they are "calling" for it, and feel dry until I put some on. The area around the eye is so thin it really needs just a little dab.