Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 2/23/2015 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was disappointed in this product. I wanted this to highlight but I had zero highlight from this....zero. It looked more like a light concealer on me no matter how I used it or where I used it on my face. It actually made my skin look more matte for some strange reason. What is even worse is it didn't cover anything either so I couldn't use it as a regular concealer either. Estee Lauder Ideal Light is a much better product that actually highlights. I used it in the corners of my eyes for special occasions for years but now that I have run out I can no longer find it unfortunately. I think estee lauder has something similar out now that I will try next. YSL touché éclat had so much hype I really thought it would work for me but it bombed. Benefit has better highlighters than this as well that I use for cheek bones

on 2/22/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was told to buy this and use it as an under-eye concealer, but it's actually meant to be used as a highlighter (although it CAN bring light to your eyes). GossMakeupArtist has a great tutorial on how to use it, here:

This is the best highlighter I've ever used. It applies like a dream and doesn't settle or cake. It makes skin look luminous. Beautiful!

on 2/16/2015 9:50:00 PM

I wanted to love this product as a under eye brightener but the problem is it accenturates the fine lines underneath my eyes. I look better without it!

on 2/14/2015 7:00:00 AM

This is the best concealer I am using so far since I haven't tried other expensive concealers but this. I was tempted to try this because the advertisement in one magazine mentioned that this is one of The Duchess of Cambridge's favorite (I don't know if it's really true). It can't perfectly cover my acne marks since it's light and water Based.Also, does make my dry patches gets more visible. However, this never breaks me out and I like the way it brighten up my eye area. If you need some light coverage, this one is for you. It works well as a highlighter also.

on 2/3/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay ladies, listen up - I have pale skin, deep set eyes with dark circles, so I have tried so many eye products out there. And this is the real deal.

On first application, my thought was 'oh crap, i can't believe I wasted so much $$$$ on another overhyped designer product'. This is NOT a concealer (at least on me, perhaps others have had different experience), it is a highlighter so the effect appears more subtle at first. Having said that, typically I used concealer underneath, but not always.

So what happened to change to mind from that initial disappointment? PHOTOS. Seriously, due to my deep-set eyes, usually in photos my eyes are hidden and fade into the background beneath the shadows. So on my second attempt at wearing this, I happened to have my photo taken. OMG - the difference was amazing, my skin looked perfect and flawless, no more blotching and dark circles under my eyes. Seriously my family all comment on how great I look in photos whenever I wear this stuff, the difference is remarkable. Outside of photos, the difference is less dramatic but still worth it - the area under my eyes is smoother looking and brighter without being shiny or too light or obvious.

So, if you are feeling let down by this product, test it out in photos before tossing it or giving it away. I almost trashed it initially, but now I'm so glad I kept this product, it makes a huge difference.

on 2/1/2015 12:23:00 PM

This cult product actually lives up the hype... mostly.
I got it in shade number 2, which suits my fair complexion rather well.
It is great for brightening up your under-eye area (note that I said "brightening", not "concealing"!), down your nose, on your chin and your cubid's bone. I sometimes even use it on my nosewings and on my cheeks, for quick well-countoured cheekbones.
This product blends really well, but contrary to what many people think, then this is not a concealer. It rather just brightens. Therefore, this is really not good to hide pimples and breakouts.
This is great for quick touch-ups during the day. The packaging is really good, basically a "pen" with a cap. On the end there is a button which one pushes (once or twice, depending on how much product you need) and then the product comes out of the brush applicator tip.
Overall, this is a great product for brightening up darker areas and touching up, and comes in a really handy "pen".

on 1/30/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have this in 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5. I find this range covers my mothers, my sisters and my complexion really well and we can interchange the colours depending on concealing or highlighting. My sister is incredibly pale and sallow, I'd say round an c10 in Mac, 1.5 is perfect for her as it is a very pale yellow, no peach or pink tones in it. My mother is an nc30 at her palest and originally bought herself no. 1 which looked chalky and matte on her skin, she can't use this for highlighting. I then got her the 2.5 which covers the blue darkness around her eyes easily and can be used as a really subtle daytime highlight where people just this her skin for someone her age (60) is stunning, it's a really golden beige colour. I range between n15 to nc25 winter to summer and find no.1 and no. 2 looks fantastic on me. The 1 (which is a pale pink, no yellows) I use for my dark circles and number 2 (a peachy pearl) as a highlight down and around my nose, chin, cheekbones etc. My younger sister can use this also on her PPP skin and I can use it at night on my mothers darker skin as a more pronounced highlight. This isn't sheer, but I think that's the point. It can be used on bare skin to creat a highlighted and flawless effect, around the eyes it creates a childlike glow, but always lets the real you shine through. If people want to try it and are shaken by the price, look on eBay, I got most of these I have for £10 and less, people tend to collect them in sales and then sell them on and most people who don't know how to use it will sell it on for a lot less because a second hand makeup product is perceivably gross. An extra tip is to buy one of the colours for darker skins and use this as a contour leaving your entire skin looking glowing and healthy! These pens are not glittery shining highlighters, they are just to make you look 'lit from within'.

on 1/25/2015 12:34:00 PM

I tried this one in 2 colours, the lightest version (nr 1)and the second version (nr 2°. The lightest one was too pink for me, and did nothing. It doesn't conceal, but made the more purple parts under my eyes look even worse. The second colour was too yellow for my skin, and it felt like I was just putting foundation under my eyes. This is okay for when you want to highlight parts of you face, but it doesn't conceal, and even accentuates the parts that you are trying to cover up. Overpriced and overhyped. You can get the same results with a foundation.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After creeping MUA for about two years now, I am finally sitting down to write my first review. So I decided to pick this up after reading all the rave reviews. I'm sort of a highlighter junkie. I will try anything and everything. I basically hate concealer, foundation, anything in the family. So after reading everyone saying that it's not a concealer but a highlighter, I figured I would buy it. It absolutely IS A CONCEALER. I don't get what would make anyone think this is a highlighter. It was completely matte on my skin (though that doesn't say much - almost everything looks matte on my somewhat dry skin). But it is not a full coverage concealer, it is a sheer coverage.

And so I am rating this going off of it being a concealer and not a highlighter. It was nice for people like me who prefer sheer coverage. It didn't settle into the fine lines underneath my eyes and it didn't oxidize or anything. Staying power was okay. But I've tried the LOREAL lumi concealer pen or whatever it is and it works just as well - if not better. And is obviously a fraction of the price.

So I didn't end up keeping it only because I was not looking for a concealer, but a highlighter. Not worth the money in my opinion. Look elsewhere if you're looking for something to make you look dewy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Well everything was fine and dandy with this product till one evening after removing my makeup for the day I discovered contact dermatitis at the inner corner of my eyelid, brow bone and alongside my nose. And I knew this was the offender because it was the only new product introduced to my skin during a 72 hour period. And where I have issues is where I applied this stuff.

I had the shade 5.5 and on my NC45 skintone it worked fine as a subtle face brightener (mainly focusing on the eye area) and I loved the end result of it.....especially when paired with my Dior Star or Laura Mercier Flawless Finish Fluide foundations. I'm so disappointed that this wasn't a hit for me but I have to be mindful of the reading the ingredients before taking the plunge on any product as I found with this one it contains a few skin irritants (one of them being mineral oil).

Popular Primer/ Correctors