April 16, 2014 | 1403 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Intense I-Color in Black Pearl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Very pigmented and colour is very intense. The brush is rather thick, so if you're used to thin eyeliners, this will be a bit tricky to use. It contains finely milled diamond sparkles (it reflects a wide range of colours from the light, i.e. resembles rainbow colour), but the size is very small and doesn't fall off or irritate your eyes. In fact, I think it's a nice addition to the eyeliner. It's hardly really noticeable unless you look closely, but it adds a nice shine to the eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this soft black on my hazel eyes when I dont a very intense look... its very easy to use and comes off with ease...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why the hate? For the money (I believe I payed $5.50), it works very well. My only complaint is that it takes a few strokes to create a defined opaque line, but at times I kinda like that because if I screw up, it's easy to correct. I like the brush, too, and it's a cute bottle. Don't ignore it if you don't have hazel eyes (what it's supposedly "made" for)--I have milk chocolate eyes and it still looks good. I'd definitely repurchase if it was on sale, haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for a less expensive (read: drugstore) eyeliner to replace my Lancome Artliner and bought this based on reviews. Bad choice. First off, the applicator is very stumpy and difficult to make a fine winged tip with. The actual eyeliner stung my eyes, needed a couple coats for full opacity, and took a long time to dry. I wouldn't recommend this for anybody; even the Wet 'n' Wild cheapie liquid liner I tried was much nicer than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is supposed to be for hazel eyes, but it doesn't do anywhere near as much for my eye color as the dark brown or green shades. This product is very soft, very easy to apply, but because it's retractable, once the pointed tip gets used up, you have to constantly refashion a pointed tip by swiping it on a tissue or the back of your hand. This product is not water resistant at all, and smudges too easily and when I wore it over primer on a rainy day I had raccoon-eye in less than an hour. Not recommended, there are better budget eyeliners out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this liner because they ran out of the regular black color so I got this which is almost the same thing. When its on, it looks beautiful but like previous reviewers have said it pulls and tugs on your eye lids. I have to go over it at least twice for a dark like and then make sure I don't have any gaps. I love that this doesn't make my eyes itchy like other products I use but I don't know if ill repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by urbanwahine

I normally use Stila Smudge Pot as an eyeliner which I love but as mine has dried out I was in need of a new black eyeliner. I hit up my local Priceline in search of a relatively inexpensive eyeliner. After testing, several brands including Loreal, Models Prefer, Rimmel and Maybelline I settled on the Almay Intense I-Colour in Black Pearl for hazel eyes. It was a toss up between the Revlon Colour Stay which obviously had excellent smudge proof qualities and the Almay but what won me over was the intense black pigmentation of the Almay crayon.
As a makeup artist the texture of the eyeliner is extremely important to me and the Almay eyeliner is soft and applies great colour in one swipe. I like that the crayon is self sharpening as well. I'm also happy to say that this crayon didn't cause an allergic reaction which is a real bonus for me since I am extremely limited with the liners I can wear.
The only reason I didn't give this liner 5 stars is because if you use it on your lower lashline it does smudge/run a little. I don't actually mind this is it isn't a large amount of movement and I'd rather have the great intense colour than a dull colour that doesn't move. Plus, a bit of smudging adds to that rockstar chic look :-)
For the price of this liner -$25, I'm impressed and will buy again :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MyGainYourGloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I want to buy a dirt-cheap crappy blue-ish black piece of crap... I look not further than Almay Intense i-color! It always lets me down, the applicator mise well be a tree stump since it is so short and stubby! I think Almay should rename this product Intense i-diarrhea! It creates the PERFECT ugly-unappealing-lumpy-undefined line anyone could ever ask for! The only thing I can compare the line-quality to is if my guinea pig dragged her butt hole across my eyelid! ( I think that would make a better quality line!) So If you won the lottery and dont know what to spend your money on, you can give this a try... And when you find out how crappy it is you can use it as a tee to hold your goofball on your new private golf corse! But of coarse... that's not the case. Dont buy this, because you will have Unsatisfacton Guaranteed!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by thePurpleTurtle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I buy an eyeliner, I try to find one that doesn't smudge/fade, is waterproof, and is pigmented.

So, does it smudge?

Yes, but not as quickly as a couple other drugstore eyeliners. In about 3 1/2 hours, it's almost gone. All there is left is what smeared below your lash line. There is a tiny tiny tiny line on your lash line, but that's it. I have normal skin, so those with oily skin: if you're going to be wearing this eyeliner, always check your eyeliner as much as possible!

Is it waterproof?

Definitely not. It'll stay for about an hour of your waterline, and after that it is not on your waterline at allllll, and it is very clear that it has traveled all the way down the skin below my eye. If you want to put this on your waterline, I at least recommend applying it to your lash line, so when it smears off, you'll at least have the eyeliner on your lash line for another hour or two.

Is it pigmented?

Not really. It's kind of a light black.. It's only not dark when it smudges. (;

Overall, this eyeliner is okay. I will continue buying it until I find the right eyeliner, for this is the best I could find. Yet again though, I've only been wearing eyeliner for a couple months, so I haven;t had a lot of time looking for good drugstore eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by BriNM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eyeliner. It goes on pretty easily and isn't so raccoon-y. I'm definitely going to buy this again.