October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - DiorGlam Face & Eyes Highlighting Powder in 002 Pearl Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by puddingpaws

I was not impressed by the product. The pink barely showed up on my PPP skin, and when I used the gold as an eyeshadow it creased. I will have to give this product another try, and see if I can't make it work. Even though I love many Dior products, I feel like a greater emphasis is placed on the packaging than the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2006 11:47:00 AM More reviews by blacky219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love love this.

it makes my skin look like shimmery porcelain, and i do not have that porcelain skin at all. it does not give much of color on me but the shimmer is so divine so i do not mind about using other blush under the glam for my cheek.

the glitters on top are also so lovely, some hate it some adore it, and i am the one who adores it. it so lovely on the eyes as a finishing touch on top of your es. i even hope dior makes only te glitter part seperately as well.

the difference between #1 and #2 is the shade it holds. #1 is more cool tone than #2. personally i like the yellow from #2 and pink from #1 together. light pink from #2 does not show much on my skin and silver/blue from #1 is bit too bright for es or highlighter for me.

with the glam on my face, i got so many compliments about my skin. so this is a definate staple to me. since it is LE, i would stack a bit while i can. although it is such a big palette so it will last quite long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

I'm so dissapointed. When I tried it on, it was obviously brand new, because I thought it was sparkly glittery powder all the way, unfortunately (I wanted the superglittery effect because it makes the product unique) I discovered that it is just plain powder. One is milky yellow and the other one super pale pink. It looks chalky on me. There's a slight shimmery effect, and I do try to use the pink as a highlighter on my cheeks, but only because I feel that I have to use it because it was so expensive. The make-up case is nice, and looks chic, and the brush is cool as well ("And can be used as a key chain once you're done with the make-up" the woman behind the counter told me enthusiastically..okay whatever).. My advice: do not waste your money on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by kjhymn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw pictures of this online before it was released, but I wasnít prepared to see it in person. My Dior SA had just unpacked the testers when I went for a visit, and the shiny, shiny topcoat was still firmly in place. All I could think was, ďWhat the h*ll is this, some sort of disco revival thing?Ē My SA noted my look of shock and disgust, rubbed off a corner of the lame to reveal the soft, subtly shimmery powder underneath, and swiped a sample across my wrist. Gorgeous.

Pearl Shimmer (002), has shades of pale pink and gold. The colours are muted and sheer, and the shimmer is understated. Iíve used the gold shade on my eyes as a wash and a highlight, and itís a nice neutral that isnít too yellow or brassy. For me, however, the pink is the real winner in this palette. Itís the ideal blush on my PPP/LLL skin, giving me a subtle glow that perks up my complexion. The colour is identical to Diorís DiorShow Powder in Girly Pink (002), which I wish I hadnít bought, because I find the pressed powder easier to use.

The packaging is standard plastic Dior palette packaging with a mirror inside and an exterior mirrored surface that, unfortunately, shows every little smudge and fingerprint. The included retractable brush is cute and very soft, but too big to use on my eyes and too small to effectively use as a blusher. Still, attaching it to the palette with a chain is a more convenient alternative to the band used on the Girly Palette.

5/5 lippies. One of Diorís best palettes, this may be the first one I use up.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by review

I love the gold/yellow eyeshadow! I was kind of hesitant to get it at first because of the colors but the eyeshadow is really great! It brought out my eyes, made it look very chic and lasted for hours. Surprisingly, it was also suitable for daytime. Very pretty color. It is a fabulous color on medium or olive tone skin. However, it will probably wash out on paler skin. The blush lasted awhile too but it is just an average color. The cost of the palette is quite high at $55 but the eyeshadow color makes it worth it plus it comes in an adorable case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

It's got a sparkly top, but it's not *suppose* to be a sparkly product, so don't be upset that the sparkles are only on top. That's packaging, like the little edible metal balls on a cake - Yes you *can* eat them, but that's not what they're there for. It's suppose to be a straight metallic shimmer that is easy to wear.

It's a silver compact w/ a retractable flat brush attached by a chain. It contains two highlighters. 002 has one in white-yellow gold, i'm in love w/ it. the other powder in 002 is the type of irridescent lavendar. (the 001 is opal and pink). $55 tho, rude! But then again, all of Chanel's highlighters are $50, and they don't have a brush.

The chain is a little annoying b/c it's barely long enough use it while keeping the brush attached, and taking it on and off might be a pain, but i suppose i'm probably supposed to take it off. hmmm. The outer layers of each product is sparkles. So if that's what you want, pass it up. If you want the non sparkling powder underneath, there it is.

i wear the 002 on my eyes and cheekbones every. day. it IS very glam on the cheeks, a stark white gold, shimmering, NOT sparkling. It leaves a white/gold gleam. It's subtle, but striking. but on eyes, it's less metallic. it's glowy and sexy w/ very little shimmer somehow. Strange. Beautiful. DOES NOT CREASE!! very wierd. It looks like a gold version of shu ir803 on my eyes, which is great, cuz i love 803 but it's a bit too cool for me or something. I always say about it, it actually makes the eyes look lit up from behind. Nice.

The lavendar half is almost useless to me. (prob. better on a lighter person). So basically, i paid $55 for a gold powder. lol. thanks dior.

So there it is. I'm not sure it's worth $55, but they way i feel about it, i had to buy it, plus i got 20% off and had some sephora credits. otherwise i may have just lemming'd it til the death.

Oh, and if someone says they know of an exact lookalike for this, i'd love to know about it. But i doubt it. The idea and product is simple, but the exact effect is very unique imo. Oh yeah, and will NOT work as a highlighter on anyone darker than a mac c3/nc30, it turns white looking. i am definitely pushing it, but i blend as hard as i can, and put blush underneath just so i can wear it.

Oh, and to summerize, i live for the stuff. I just bought my second one cuz i have a dip in my first already. I wear it more than anything else i own at the moment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No