April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have definitely tried a LOT of primers lately. Most of the top ones and this is one off the best. I am rating it for it's pore concealing properties and makeup-preserving abilities. It actually does both which I am discovering is hard to find. My one problem with this is mine is starting to smell slightly funny like it might be going rancid. I may have gotten an older tube because I'm hearing rumors they are discontinuing it (bought from Ulta 3 weeks ago). Also when you look at the ingredients there are a lot of oils in it which may go bad quickly. This is an unfortunate problem because I would give it 5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

way better than smashbox's version! i used this as a base for my foundation and along with a beauty blender, my face looked seamless

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this primer has the same formulation as Smashbox Photo Finish but that it's more expensive. It feels a little bit oilier but it works just the same.

Personally I think both products are overrated and I'm searching for a better, cheaper alternative. I'm mad that I bought this primer on a whim and it ended up being the same exact thing as Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is discontinued, you say!? NOOOO
Seriously, I love this primer. I did a lot of research before buying a primer and I'm pretty happy with this one. I don't have much to compare it to (previously tried Clinique's pore perfector) but I like how it performs on my oily skin.
It glides on, the formula doesn't break me out, doesn't feel heavy, a little goes a long way, it's clear, unscented, cheap and all natural.
I like how it sort of "blurs" my large pores (like the Photoshop 'healing' tool lol) and I even wear it sometimes on its own. My makeup lasts a lot longer too. At the end of the day, I find there is a lot more makeup to take off than if I hadn't have used this primer.
The only con is the stupid packaging. I know I'm going to have to break it open to get every last bit out but I haven't even gotten there yet because like I said a little goes a long way. If you do end up using too much, you will get pilling when you try to put foundation on top of it.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by grellsutcliffspears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An HG of face primers. It goes on smooth, it keeps my foundation(when I wear foundation) on wonderfully, has no scent, is clear, I love it. I tried it out when I bought the little testers for the primers. The eyeshadow primer isn't that bad either. The texture is much like the ELF face primer, except that one did nothing for me, even though I really wanted to to, because it was so cheap. I just love this. It's totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by sparklingvanilla

This is a classic primer, in the same category as Smashbox Photofinish. I prefer this to the Photofinish, however, because to me Photofinish feels heavy and greasy, plus worst of all it breaks me out. Tarte Clean Slate feels lighter than Photofinish and I haven't noticed myself breaking out from this (I am on my second tube). My biggest complaint is the packaging, which is why I took off a lippie. It comes in a hard plastic tube that is very hard to squeeze. You end up wasting a lot of product in the bottom of the tube because it is not a bendy tube, it is solid. Another packaging complaint that I have is that my last tube cracked and product leaked out. If Tarte would put this in a pump or a more flexible tube, I would be a happy girl.

Still, I say go for it if you are thinking about trying this because it is worth the messed up tube in my opinion and it is a pretty fool proof primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by heatherjoe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth, best primer I have ever used. My bare minerals foundation looks much better after using this. Nice fresh grapefruit scent. Seems to brighten too! First primer I have ever liked and I have tried a million,

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I first tried this produce I fell in love. It was so smooth and made my skin look fantastic. It's pretty much like all those pore perfectors out there. But as far as a primer to hold my foundation on, it fails. I used the tiniest amount and my make up still slips and moves. I don't really have a problem with my make up moving normally without a primer, so this was definitely a bad thing for me. I've only used it with liquid make up so I can't speak for how it does with powder, but I can imagine it might work kind of well - make you look less dry and powdery, and thus more natural. I'm using the rest of it now as a pore perfector when I have no make up on or towards the end of the day on top of make up when my make up is wearing off or skin is shiny, just to even things out. It works pretty well that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mermanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've gone through a few of these so far -- it is the best makeup primer that I have tried. Like all other Tarte products I have tried, it does not break me out. It goes on smoothly. It is a very good base for liquid or powder foundation. I really like that it does not feel heavy on my face like some other primers -- I can't even tell I have it on.

What I like best about this product is that it is cruelty-free and free of parabens. What I don't like is the packaging. It is too hard to get out the last few applications -- I actually cut it open and can use it for about 2 more weeks once I cannot squeeze any more out.

It looks like Tarte has discontinued this and rolled out the Clean Slate 12-hour primer in poreless and brightening formulas. I'm sorry to see a great product go -- but I am eager to try the new poreless product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by mrshall28

This did nothing for me. It did not help keep oil at bay or help my makeup last any longer. Good texture though.