December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Magnetic Color Pots Lipgloss

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I bought a lot of these on ebay recently for about $5 for 60 (yes, sixty) color pots (l/g and e/s mixed). Initially I just wanted these for the magnetic pans for pressing pigments for my own. However I tested these out and I can't seem to bring myself to scrape them ouot.

The lipgloss color pots are mainly (if not all?) CG lipslick colors offered in a magnetic round pan originally made for the CG custom compacts.

Though this is years after the release, I realized CG lipslicks have a really long shelf life. All the pans I have still smell like "fresh" lipslicks with a slight powdery scent, not rancid or plasticky at all.. I'm not too found of the scent of lipslick scents but for whatever reason these are a lot less bothersome than the strong scents actual tubes of lipsticks are. I don't exactly know how many colors these pots are offered in but I have about 25 different lipgloss pots...

The color range is pretty large from nudes, reds, pinks, bronzes, and some sheer/clear. They're either highly pigmented or tinted sheer... A lot of colors are pretty decieving (looking a lot darker than it is) but all are wearable and some really bold/hot lip colors. They're not super high gloss and are more lipstick than a gloss in my opinion but you can always layer another gloss for that wet look.

Since these are sold in huge steal of lots on ebay these days I think anyone that runs into the opportunity should invest in it, for either use of recycling the metal pans (they fit into MAC palettes and are pretty sturdy like ELF pans with the magnet provided too) or just trying new shades of colors without spending a lot. I know a lot of the colors are colors I typically won't wear but can experiment without having to buy a full tube of lipstick or gloss (which is often a waste of money). Plus having a huge palette of lip colors laid out gives me a higher chance of mixing my own shades. I actually prefer having all the colors laid out in a palette because I tend to overlook a large amount of lipsticks in a tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2005 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the new gloss pans that fit into the new CG custom compact. There are a decent amount of shades to pick from. There are also lipcolor pans available. I bought 2 glosses, #120 Demure and #115 Bronze Goddess. Overall, nice colors and very glossy. Demure is a nude pink and Bronze Goddess is a nice bronze, not too pink. I like the concept of this, but I mostly prefer glosses in a stick or a wand. I would probably purchase more colors though. :) Less than $3 each at WalMart.