November 26, 2014 | 1702 users online

Palettes - Cover Girl - Refillable Custom Compact

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I paid $2.96 for these at Walmart and what a steal! I depotted 4 of my MAC e/s and they fit perfectly in this CG palette. I plan to buy some Milani e/s and more MAC, so I'll be stocking up on these babies for depotting. I don't wear CG e/s, but these palettes are perfect for MAC and Milani. Too bad Prestige doesn't fit into these!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by makeup4fancy

Yes! After reading most of the reviews I decided to give it a try. Today I put my MAC depot e/s into this palette, with the help of a needle, a small scissor, a candle, a fork, some alcohol and some adhesive magnet. Everything is satisfying except that there still be about 1mm small gap between the e/s and the palette. But that's OK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ♥ these refillable palettes. They are the perfect size for MAC, Jane eyezings, WnW, and Wild and Crazy e/s. They are basically identical to MAC 4 pan palettes & the cost is the same. However, for me one thing is very different, the CG palettes are easily accessible for me. I will definitely continue to purchase these little gems.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by JeenatheeRawks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been waiting for these to come out so that I could finally tote 4 MAC shadows at a time in my purse. The pots are a little larger than MAC pans, but they work just fine. I'll probably get more to help organize my huge collection of shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased all of these that the Target supercenter I was at had left. And now I will spend the rest of my life depotting Milani e/s...

These are very nice, the price is great, love that by adding a small magnet you can switch colors around easily. The only thing that would possibly make these better in my opinion would be if they were in line instead of 2x2 so that they would fit into my bags in a less bulky manner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The main reason I bought a few of these empty Cover Girl palettes was to use them for my Milani eye shadows, and for that purpose these palettes are fantastic! Since Milani eye shadows fit in there, so would Urban Decay, Jane and MAC shadows. The holes are actually slightly bigger than the size of the shadow pans, so depending on the brand you might need to use a magnet strip to hold the shadow in the hole (Milani shadows can be popped immediately after depotting into the palette holes and they will stick do to the melted glue on the back that holds them in place in their original pots—the candle depotting method works great for this.) I did not even bother to buy any of the Cover Girl shadows or lip colours designated for these palettes because their make up is usually terrible, in my humble cosmetic-loving opinion. The palettes are decent in quality and sturdy, though they are not as attractive as MAC 4-pan palettes (which I don’t have easy access to, so hooray for Cover Girl for putting these empty palettes out there!) I have a pic in my profile of my Milani shadows in these palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Alhena21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up today at Target for $3.49 (same price for the refills too) and really like it. It's a perfect size (about 3 in by 3 in) and fits nicely in my purse. I may even buy a second one for more "exotic" colors that I don't wear every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2005 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is Cover Girl's foray into the world of custom makeup. I believe that this may be the only d/s custom compact of its kind. (Remember the Max Factor compact of the early 90's?) This compact is the same size as a MAC 4 pan, which will have people raving. The clasp mechanism is identical to MAC. The pan itself is CG blue, and the lid is clear and says Cover Girl in silver letters. Overall, it is a good buy. $2.96 at WalMart. The holes for the pans are a smidge too big for the refill pans, but it is barely noticable. The lid seems to scratch easier than MAC. However, for this price and quality, I would buy again.