October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Aloe vera gentle cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Not impressed with this product at all. It doesn't remove makeup, you definitely need a separate makeup remover. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly clean. I know it's moisturizing because it's a cleansing milk but I've used other cleansing milks that left my skin feeling cleaner and that didn't leave a residue, plus they were cheaper. The only good thing, is it has a lovely smell but that alone doesn't make a product good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Poxleitner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I quite like this product. It's gentle enough on my extremely sensitive skin for me to use it when I wake up and when I get home from school (i wash my face three times a day to clean off excess oil. i have very oily skin), which is rare for me. It doesn't do much other than very gently cleanse your face so at night I have to use an acne cleanser. I would definitely buy this again just because of how gentle it is and my acne cleanser is wayyy too harsh to use more than once a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by PuiLing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have use a few bottles of this. It gently cleanses oil and dirt off my face and leave it feel refreshing and not tight. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. However this product does not remove make up thoroughly. So I would recommend using this as a morning cleanser. It is a bit pricey and a bottle won't last more than 2 months for me. Maybe due to its more natural ingredient, there is one or two times the product in the bottle become bad already before I could finish it. I hope its bottle can come up with a pump then it is more hygienic and convenient to use. Will repurchase this until I find a cheaper alternative that does not dehydrate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser was a final hope in my search for a face wash that would not exasperate my ridiculous, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It has proved to be quite lovely, especially in comparison to the clogging, drying, and irritating abundance of cleansers that have been tried before it (Olay, Neutrogena, Earth Science, Cetaphil, Dove, Aveeno, Ole Henriksen, Mario Badescu, Philosophy, Aubrey Organics, Bioderma, Clean and Clear, Trader Joe's, Bioelements, Dermalogica, OCM, etc.). In conjunction with a washcloth or cotton pad, I am able to remove all of my face makeup, which usually consists of liquid foundation, powder, and bronzer. After cleansing, my skin feels soothed and balanced. I still experience minor breakouts when using this, which I suspect are due to hormones, stress, and diet. Also, a bottle of this lasts only a very short period of time, especially considering the price, and I am not entirely confident that I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I have a lot of skin issues--rosacea, sensitivity, and acne. Even on the days when I don't wear makeup, I feel that this cleanser doesn't do anything to cleanse my skin. I also don't like that it leaves my skin feeling a little dry, instead of clean and soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by kburnham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and I found that this really dried out my skin and caused a lot of redness. Also, it didn't actually remove all my make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Was okayish when I only wore powder foundation, but now that I've switched to light-medium coverage liquid one I find that it doesn't remove makeup as well as I'd like, or clean my face well at all really. I use a toner afterwards and the cotton round looks quite dirty :/ Certainly very gentle, too much so...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by HelenL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Good basic cleanser which is excellent for sensitive reactive skin. This has not caused me any problems. I personally find it an efficient cleanser but should mention that I do not wear much make-up, so can't comment on its cleansing abilities with full coverage foundations etc. I mainly use a TM or mineral powder foundation and there is always minimal residue when I finish with toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by delirious

Light cleanser. Didn't do much for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What The Body Shop claims:
"Best if you want to: Sooth your sensitive skin with a mild, soap-free cleansing lotion that gently, but thoroughly, removes make-up and impurities."
People - this does NOT remove make-up. I tested it out by putting foundation, cream blush, and powder on my wrist and once set, I applied this lotion and massaged the area for 30 seconds before rinsing. Results? I still has obvious blush and foundation residue left on my skin. For those that imply we shouldn't expect this to remove makeup, well - they are correct because it doesn't, but the packaging clearly states that this will remove makeup, and advertising on TBS' website states this as well. FOR THIS REASON alone I give it a 2 score. If it was advertised to gently refresh the skin only and not imply it acts as a makeup remover, I would give it a higher score.
I'd say this would work for those that need something to lightly cleanse bare skin. That's it.
To be helpful, I found that TBS' Natrulift Softening Cream Cleanser removes makeup well. I tested a patch of skin with foundation, Bobbi Brown's cream blush and waterproof gel liner, and face powder and Natrulift removed everything after massaging for 30 seconds, followed with a thorough rinse. It's way too early to say if it is good for sensitive skin but it functions as a makeup remover. :)

continued >>