The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

on 6/26/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have acne-prone skin that really doesn't like this cleanser. I only use it in the morning, so I'm not concerned about its ability to remove makeup. However, after using it for a few weeks, I started to experience breakouts. I think my body doesn't do well with alcohols, and this product contains several varieties of alcohol preservatives. I switched back to my beloved Avene Foaming Cleanser and my skin is calming down after just a couple of days. I'm going to have to hit myself upside the head whenever I consider experimenting with a different product again.

on 6/22/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My skin became very sensitive after using the facial wash my doctor gave me, and I feared I'd have to live with it forever.. Until I tried this out. Cleanses the sebum thoroughly, doesn't scrape off my skin making it thinner and thinner, most importantly I no longer feel the burning, itchy, stinging sensation! I don't expect it to clean my performance make up (I'm a dancer) bcs I use biore which is good enough. Highly recommended for those who wish to wash their face regularly without having dry skin.

on 7/30/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this product at all. It doesn't remove makeup, you definitely need a separate makeup remover. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly clean. I know it's moisturizing because it's a cleansing milk but I've used other cleansing milks that left my skin feeling cleaner and that didn't leave a residue, plus they were cheaper. The only good thing, is it has a lovely smell but that alone doesn't make a product good.

I quite like this product. It's gentle enough on my extremely sensitive skin for me to use it when I wake up and when I get home from school (i wash my face three times a day to clean off excess oil. i have very oily skin), which is rare for me. It doesn't do much other than very gently cleanse your face so at night I have to use an acne cleanser. I would definitely buy this again just because of how gentle it is and my acne cleanser is wayyy too harsh to use more than once a day.

on 1/6/2013 3:33:00 AM

I have use a few bottles of this. It gently cleanses oil and dirt off my face and leave it feel refreshing and not tight. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. However this product does not remove make up thoroughly. So I would recommend using this as a morning cleanser. It is a bit pricey and a bottle won't last more than 2 months for me. Maybe due to its more natural ingredient, there is one or two times the product in the bottle become bad already before I could finish it. I hope its bottle can come up with a pump then it is more hygienic and convenient to use. Will repurchase this until I find a cheaper alternative that does not dehydrate my skin.

on 12/16/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleanser was a final hope in my search for a face wash that would not exasperate my ridiculous, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It has proved to be quite lovely, especially in comparison to the clogging, drying, and irritating abundance of cleansers that have been tried before it (Olay, Neutrogena, Earth Science, Cetaphil, Dove, Aveeno, Ole Henriksen, Mario Badescu, Philosophy, Aubrey Organics, Bioderma, Clean and Clear, Trader Joe's, Bioelements, Dermalogica, OCM, etc.). In conjunction with a washcloth or cotton pad, I am able to remove all of my face makeup, which usually consists of liquid foundation, powder, and bronzer. After cleansing, my skin feels soothed and balanced. I still experience minor breakouts when using this, which I suspect are due to hormones, stress, and diet. Also, a bottle of this lasts only a very short period of time, especially considering the price, and I am not entirely confident that I will repurchase.

on 8/5/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a lot of skin issues--rosacea, sensitivity, and acne. Even on the days when I don't wear makeup, I feel that this cleanser doesn't do anything to cleanse my skin. I also don't like that it leaves my skin feeling a little dry, instead of clean and soft.

on 5/13/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and I found that this really dried out my skin and caused a lot of redness. Also, it didn't actually remove all my make-up.

Was okayish when I only wore powder foundation, but now that I've switched to light-medium coverage liquid one I find that it doesn't remove makeup as well as I'd like, or clean my face well at all really. I use a toner afterwards and the cotton round looks quite dirty :/ Certainly very gentle, too much so...

on 10/2/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Good basic cleanser which is excellent for sensitive reactive skin. This has not caused me any problems. I personally find it an efficient cleanser but should mention that I do not wear much make-up, so can't comment on its cleansing abilities with full coverage foundations etc. I mainly use a TM or mineral powder foundation and there is always minimal residue when I finish with toner.