April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ahmagaaad I hate this hand cream so much. SO incredibly greasy! It left residue on everything that I touched. The scent is not bad but not the best. It does moisturize but there are so many better alternatives out there, like Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion or if you're looking for a thick hand cream specifically, Neutrogena Norweigan formula Fast Absorbing hand cream (absorbs fast, no greasy residue).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have DRY hands. I wash them way too much, and they look about 10 years older than the rest of me! My old favorite was the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream, but this stuff is actually even better! I picked a tube up at the grocery store from their "discontinued" aisle and to my surprise, it actually really works! I put it on overnight (because the smell is weird - not bad, but doesn't mesh well with my perfume) and the softness lasts overnight and through a couple of hand-washes before I need to reapply. I didn't find it to be very greasy, and it absorbs pretty quickly if you don't use a huge glob of it. Best of all, the formula seems to be really gentle. I work weekends in a cat shelter, and I'm always coming home with tiny scratches on my hands, and this cream doesn't burn at all when I apply it. My hands are soft and they look baby smooth now, even in the middle of this "arctic vortex." There is an unscented version, but nobody around me is carrying it, so I ordered a few tubes on drugstore.com so I can use it at work!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UH. BEST HANDCREAM IN THE WORLD. I love the silicone in it, it makes my hands so soft and smooth.The texture is so unique... It's like no ordinary handcream feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I have just found this again after it being discontinued in my local drugstore. It has good balance of moisture and protection, because it has vegetable based glycerin it has a slight thickness and stickiness when you first apply it but, the moisturizing ingredients in this cream sooth my skin. (Unlike Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream which just leaves a thick film of glycerin and nothing else.)
I use the fragrance free every night and my hands are so soft when I wake up. The only con; lack of availability. I buy it at Drugstore dot com and stockpile. For around $4.00 give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this lotion for a couple years and I really do like it. The stuff is dirt cheap and really does moisturize your hands. The smell is nice as well. While I do love the creaminess of this lotion, sometimes it just feels like it's too much. It's very thick and quite greasy. It can take quite a while to absorb into the skin, which is one thing I just can't take. It doesn't matter how much I try to apply the smallest amount of this hand cream, it just takes forever to absorb.

This cream would have been a five star cream if it just absorbed a little quicker and was less greasy. I really enjoy this lotion's moisture but it's just not the best for when you're on the go and your hands get a dry while your out because of how greasy it is. I won't repurchase this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sarwife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome hand cream! I'm a nurse, and I also have eczema. This lotion is by far the best product I have found. Yes, it is heavy, and slightly greasy. I apply it every night, and I haven't had a problem with excessive dryness, itchiness, or cracking during the day. Plus, it's cheap! Best hand cream ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I don't really like this for my hands, but it's fantastic for your feet. I know a couple people that swear by it for their feet, too. Put this on before your socks, go to sleep and you'll wake up with soft, smooth feet. It doesn't completely heal them but it's the best thing I've used. It has silicone in it, so I've tried it as a primer. It smooths your skin and is a great base for makeup. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by melissa1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this for myself. It worked really good and left my hands feeling really soft. But I replaced it with Cake Beauty Milk Made Velveteen Hand Creme because they both leave your hands soft but the Cake one has a much better smell.. and I have a slight addiction to expensive lotions.

Anyways, I made my boyfriend try the Glysomed hand cream on his rough hands and dry elbows and it worked wonders for him too! So this product gets a 4 for the product, but I'm giving it a 5 because I'm really happy I found something that my boyfriend will actually use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by bleuxs

best hand cream out there according to me (number 1 selling hand cream in Canada as well). i like the film that this hand cream leaves on my hands but some may find it as "greasy". i like it because I feel that this film protects my very "handyman" palms from all the tasks that i do (which used to make my hands very rough). To those who have used Herbacin before, these two products are very similar but i just somehow happen to prefer Glysomed more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by JulieRuin76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great hand cream to use during long cold winters here in Canada. It does a great job of moisturizing cuticles and rough knuckles which I tend to struggle with come winter time. For those of you who noticed that it was a bit too greasy, what I like to do is apply a pea sized amount right after washing my hands when they are still damp. I find when I do this, it is not greasy at all. Just soft and nourished. The smell isn't the best so I tend to opt for the unscented version. Overall, this is my favorite hand cream year round and is a definite must try for anyone who, like me, lives through a long, cold, dry winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No