August 28, 2014 | 1034 users online

Nail Tools - Bourjois - French Manicure Special Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by manicurelover

i have always wanted better things ti make my french tip look perfect. i tried tape and all that rubbish but this brush was just AWESOME. Dip it in Acetine and u ve got ur self a PERFECT FRENCH TIP!21

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:39:00 AM More reviews by drwholass1018

When I saw this product, I thought "finally! french manicures that are easy!" and I purchased without a moment's thought. When I got home, I immediately got the polishes out and tried to get the french manicure done. I was mildly disappointed, as the brush was sometimes too narrow for the nail, not making a nice effect. i don't like the packaging very much as it is too curvey for my liking.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by yakushima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find the quality of this nail polish too low for the price. The idea of the angled brush is ofcourse wonderful, but the bristles are so hard and uneven that I found it impossible to use it the way Bourjois proposes. Also, one coat is not enough and two coats takes forever to dry. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ktvowles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Easy french manicure, nice shaped brush, much easier to use than a normal polish brush, Vibrant white, so if you don't want an obvious manicure then you can still try this, but if you love a noticible manicure then this is definately for you. It's not flawless and on your first try you wont get it right, but after a few goes it looks great! I wont buy this again however because i gave up on always having manicured nails and i wont need another pot of it. This is quite expensive for me as a nail polish, i bought this for 5 in UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by idealforbarbecue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had gotten increasingly frustrated buying cheap white polish for tips that always seemed to be hard to apply and needed hundreds of coats. Normally I don't pay out for nail polish as quality does not seem to increase with price as a general rule. But I decided to spend a little bit more for a tip whitener and got this for 5 (UK). I was swayed by the special brush. The consistency is good, with enough colour to get a distinct white line with one coat. The curved brush works well for me as I have very small hands, but as others have said it may been too small a curve for some people's thumb nails. To avoid any streaking, I get quite a bit of polish on the back of the brush and sort of lay it onto the nail, allowing the front of the brush to maintain the edge of the line. Hard to explain without a diagram!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 4:41:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love giving myself a French manicure, and this specially shaped brush has helped quite a bit. It is not perfect, and you still need a steady hand, but with this brush my results have improved dramatically. It took two full manicures for me to get the look exactly how I wanted. Once I was finished, it really looked like I had it done at the nail salon. Only by inspection up close, would you see the results of my unsteady hand. Since I do it at home, I can experiment with different top coats, and if I am sick of the manicure after only a day or two, I can remove it guilt free (after all, I didn't spend $18 on it!). I am having alot of fun with this polish!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Amiepots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought so many french manicure products its unbelievable, no matter how hard I try I cant do a nice french manicure. I went into my local makeup store today and bought this, the packaging is nice but I feel that there are issues to sort out.
Firstly is the excruciating drying time, I feel that you really need a nail dryer, I dont own one. I waited 10 full minutes for my nails to dry (after 2 coats of pink french manicure was placed on top) yes I waited in between coats. However the polish was DRY to touch but soft, and you can scrape it off, it didnt harden at all.
The brush is ok, the shape is the best thing but the bristles are so cheap, I can only compare them to the really cheap paint brushes that you paint walls with (the black thick plastic bristles). This means that the polish drags and the edges can be scruffy and ragged.
Give me a softer flat brush with white bristles and a bigger angle please!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This honestly isn't a terrible product. I tried it in the store today, and I managed to do a pretty darn good job while standing in the isle of Boots getting jostled in the lunchtime frienzy. The polish itself is decent and I got a pretty even coat on the first try with very few touch-ups. But before investing in this product, I suggest trying a tip I picked up on the nail board from Elankat24np because I did just as good a job with the tip she gave me. Plant your elbows firmly on a flat hard surface (you know, like a table :P) and press the bottom of your palms/wrists together to stabilize. I used this method an seriously got a perfect result on the first try, and I'm a novice when it comes to painting nails. Elankat24np also has a picture of this technique in her profile if my explanation is lacking. It was also suggested that you bring your finger up to the brush and move your finger instead of the brush. I didn't need to use this technique, but it's worth a shot. You do need a good nail polish for tips so it doesn't streak, I'm going to get a bottle of OPI. If this technique doesn't work out for you, then maybe give the Bourjois polish a try. It's not foolproof, the angle on the brush is very small as mtvsux said. I basically put it on by doing strokes with the brush where the white of my nail begins. Honestly the technique Elankat24np gave is much less hassle and gave equally nice results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

$10 well spent. i love french manicures, but i hate having to pay for them. and yay! here comes this product, and i plan to have more french mani's from now on. I'll just *start* this review, cuz i've only used it twice. The first time i was testing it standing in sephora, and then later at my desk, and got about 50% of the nail tips looking great, the others needed practice. Then i used it again this morning, 3 out of 5 nails on each hand is great looking. The problem is the thumbs. the thumb nail is wider, so the curve is getting in the way. but then again, my nail beds are maybe larger, so those w/ narrower nails should not have a prob. The other 2 nails, (1 on each hand) are totally wearable, but i clearly need practice. The fact that after only 2 times, that it works this well, i have alot of faith that the learning curve will be short. But now i'm finding it's going on kinda thick, and that sux. my brush seems slightly uneven somehow, i wonder if they are all cut like this. if so, it would make no sense. so i'm giving it a 3.5. i hope 10 more companies try to bite off them cuz then someone will emerge as the best, and won't *that* be fun. :)))

Oh, and if i lost this right now, i would prob. buy it again.