December 19, 2014 | 1497 users online

Fragrance - Ormonde Jayne - Isfarkand Pour Homme

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Pen101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for my boyfriend and now eveywhere we go he gets complimented on how he smells. He wears it every day and I for one and very pleased because it's absolutely divine....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by sarahee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Decided that my little brother getting marrying meant that he could graduate to Isfarkand. Nipped across to Green Park in my lunch hour and managed to squeeze in a visit to Charbonnel & Walker (why not?) and then entered the paradise of Ormonde Jayen. Even though time was pressing, I like to linger in that little shop and it smelt different this time ! I know all those 10 fragrances off by heart now! The girls were wearing a NEW ORMONDE JAYNE Perfume and it smelt utterly wonderful!! They said that they were being used as guinea pigs and Linda has sprayed them in 3rd Man. I'm not sure if this is the name for the new perfume or not, but it is heavely and magnificent - Clean super sharp and just to die for. Linda came down as she clearly loves her new baby! She said it's not finished yet but that it has 3 different types of vetivert and special Charabot cuts of lime peel, bergamot and mandarin. I have since looked this up as I am clearly becoming an obessesed geek of perfume! But it means that it is a combination of oils from the juice and the peel...Why does eating a tangerine smell so unappealing and school playground like and this smell so utterly magical?? anyway, we now have to wait for another 2 months because it isn't quite finished yet apparently, although it smells unbeatable to me and I shall smother my hubby in it whether he likes it or not! So, I bought the bottle of Isfarkand for little brother - more for mrs little brother really, and the nice girls there gave me two samples of Frangipani for my fever! Meaning to go to Miller Harris round the corner to check out their new tea shop - has anyone been yet?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Hot spicy citrus and wood. Wears masculine, of course, but I like it as a summer scent. Very clean in that typical 'pour homme' way, but definitely an Ormonde Jayne in the layering and tendency towards oriental.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Isfarkand: This is actually a man's scent, though when it first came out (named Isfahan), I'm not sure it was designated as "pour homme" as I came across a few online reviews by women. So I decided to wear it.

Website description: "Beautifully balanced notes of lime, mandarin and bergamot all wrapped up in pink pepper, cedar, vetiver and moss."

- Top: Lime, mandarin and bergamot
- Heart: Pink Pepper
- Base: Cedar, vetiver and moss

This really warmed up wonderfully on me and I loved it from the 1st minute. I think this is the scent that was spritzed on tissue paper that came with set. I wore it while working a show at a local bar and to my joy, smelled it all night and even a bit the next morning. I truly believe women can get away with wearing it. Although I'd love to smell it on my guy. Ormonde Jayne fragrances are true works of art!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to the Ormonde Jayne store in London with my boyfriend and the kind SA gave us a number of samples, including the Isfarkand for him. Well, I must shamefully admit that I have become so addicted to his sample of Isfarkand that I have ordered a full bottle of it for myself.

There is just something about the short intense pink pepper top note that thrills me. The scent then quickly dries into a warm, peppery, cedary, lime fragrance with a slight bit of vetiver and amber that is refreshing and unique. In short - Isfarkand is fabulous and when wearing it, you will never smell like anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

I am so thrilled to have found a niche perfume house (Ormonde Jayne) that has so many perfumes that resonate with me. Ormonde Jayne's Isfarkand pour Homme is intensely sexy. If you like "spicy" men's scents, you've got to try this one. My husband wears this one, and while he does not collect fragrances, like I collect perfumes, he has thoroughly enjoyed those that I have found. Did not think I would like the Lime, but it is very nicely done by being rounded out by the pink pepper, cedar and iris. Advertised Notes: TOP: ;Lime Oil, Mandarin, Pink Pepper and Bergamot; HEART: Cedar and Iris; BASE: Vetiver and Moss. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

On my last visit to the OJ store on Bond Street the SA got me to try Isfarkand - I already had this in my sample programme but never tested it as it was 'pour homme'. Anyway, I kept sniffing myself throughout the day and loved the vetiver and moss so much that I decided that I had to buy it next time I visit Bond St. I'm a very 'girly' girl, and tend to go for soft sweet orientals and fruity florals, but this has completely caught me by surprise - I'm addicted! I'm now going to test it on my DH to see if I like it more on him...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 4:29:00 AM More reviews by veruska

Another heroic scented story for boys here!Well done if you look at yourself or your bf as a hunky avenger wit a mask and a sword.No poetics here allthough i don't know if Isfarkand is a place or something else i get a positive Ispanic-mexican feeling from it.Blame it in the sweet floral citrusy start or in the pink pepper(one of brands signature notes)middle section.The drydown smells of pure vetiver to me but i don't mind.As with Ormonde Man this is well made and totally wearable but i think that OJ has'nt yet produced a masterpiece for boys.But i do have high hopes that this will happen someday soon

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MelissaM

I have to agree with the reviewer who pointed out the similarities to Hadrien. But I also detect in Isfarkand some exotic note that renders it far more intriguing than Hadrien. It is the male counterpoint to Champaca, to my nose, citrusy, yet with a certain warmth to it. The vetiver gives this scent a distinctly male cast; on my skin, it does not smell unisex at all. I plan on getting my significant other some of this very soon! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Eau d'Hadrien on steroids. That's all that came to mind. Not bad spritzed on tissue as a bathroom scent, but a bit expensive for that use. Not one of OJ's better creations.