September 21, 2014 | 2046 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Uzi eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Uzi has long been one of my least favorite UD shadows, and when I heard it was being discontinued, I was honestly happy. With or without primer, it's a glittery, fallout-y mess. You WILL look like a disco ball wearing this (I had sparkles all over my eyes, cheeks, and clothes hours after putting this on).

It wears okay, but fades a good amount (like 2 or 3 times throughout the wear). However, it does wear away evenly, with no patchiness or creasing. It wasn't difficult to blend. The color is a frosty, shimmery white, but it is by no means "metallic," as UD described. However, they were spot on about the glitter being big-it's gritty and large, and honestly, gaudy.

I don't see this working well as a highlight because the glitter is far too large and not subtle. It'd probably be best used as an accent to a strong, theatrical look. Its too messy and lacking in pigment to be a reliable every-day wash of color or accent. It's a very disappointing and poorly executed shade.

(Read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Roccarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

FIrst of all, I used to hate this eyeshadow- never could use it because of all of the fallout, and I was so upset because it looked amazing! Now, I discovered that after using the right kind of base (average primer like UDPP and Shadow Insurance) does NOT cover do the job; you need a glitter base! My go-to is Too Faced Glitter Glue. Once I started using that base with Uzi, I got no fallout and all of the sparkles staedy without budging. It makes for a BEAUTIFUL and dramatic sparkling look; I like to pair it with some glittery black eyeshadow in my crease and outer V. Perfect for nights out at clubs or parties! 4 lippies instead of 5 because you need another product in order to make this one work.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my only disappointments from urban decay. The colour looks so amazing in the container. But when I put it on (wet or dry) there's no glitter and it's not the awesome platinum white colour I see in the container. On me, it's a bland grey which is not at all flattering to my complexion and does not go with my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Stelliosontos

Worst glitter fall out ever ! Even with primer ! Buy this if you want tour face to look like a disco ball ! I love urban decay but I HATE there glitter shadows ! Please go back to the drawing board urban decay or just give up on the glitter, it ruins so many eyeshadows that otherwise would be gorgeous !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I own close to 30 Urban Decay eyeshadows, and this one is definitely the worst. People complain about other shadows like Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, but the glitter fallout on those pales in comparison to Uzi. Uzi looks nice in the pan -- a nice, stark white with lots of silver glitter. But once applied, this is pretty much nothing but silver glitter. I find this shadow basically unusable. If applied as a highlight, it'll fall all the way down to my cheeks; if applied to the lid, I'll literally find glitter on my chin. Even as an inner corner highlight, the glitter will migrate down my face and into my eye. There's just nothing I can do with this shadow. I've tried it over every primer and base imaginable, used it with every brush I own, and it just doesn't work. The most use I've ever gotten out of this was for Halloween one year when I applied this wet -- the white color showed up more intensely that way, and I didn't need to worry about the fallout since I applied this from browbone to all the way under my eyes. I'm glad Urban Decay wised up and discontinued this shade, because it really just sucked.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

i don' like it, such an uneusefull eyeshadow! thats a shame because i wuould actually like it without glitter!
thats how i use it: i pack on the brush very well with this eyeshadow and a tap away all the glitters. Then i apply. but anyway...too much work!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Kayleydid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know this is like blasphemy in the makeup world, but I am not an Urban Decay shadow fan. I'm consistently disappointed every time I get a new shadow/palette. The colors are never as pigmented as they appear in the pan, the shadows are blendable but the fallout is always awful and they're...crumbly. Like, they're blendable only because they're ridiculously soft which means it's almost too easy to over-blend and at least for me, they're always breaking! Not to mention 95% of the shadows are too glittery for efficient application and you end up with glitter down to your chin.

Anyway, Uzi is no exception. It doesn't even function as an eyeshadow really. HUGE glitter, no pigmentation, no staying power. However, I have found this stuff works beautifully as a loose glitter for glittery accents if you want them on the eyes, collarbones, etc. Because it's pressed, rubbing your finger (using a brush is just a mess) into the product and then applying it to the skin is much easier than, say, a loose glitter pot, and gives you pretty, subtle sparkle. For this reason, I give it three stars instead of 1 or 2.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by nucturn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate this! It's a glitter bomb. The fallout is horrible and the pigmentation is not great. I bought book of shadows I, II and this Uzi from book of shadows III . I think I won't be purchasing any more of the Book of shadows because I was greatly disappointed with all those glitter eyeshadow (3) they added to the collection.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shadow is always so lonely in my UD palettes. While I'm using and loving the other colors, this guy is left all alone because, quite honestly, I can't figure out how to use it. It's almost like pure glitter...and it has tons of glitter fallout. Once you put in on your skin, all you see is flecks of glitter. You really can't see the white (which is kind of pretty.) It also feels like it has a different texture then all of the others. Just chalky. I can use it in the corner of my eyes for a little touch of glimmer, but that's about the only use I can find for this color :( I think it would be much more useful if it didn't have so much glitter in it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

Why does Urban Decay keep putting this stupid color in its palettes? It is the worst version of white eyeshadow I have ever used. The white is sheer and not pigmented, flat and not luminous at all. The eyeshadow also happens to have a hard texture--which makes the white pigment remind me of chalk. The horrid glitter in the shadow is awful and makes the eyeshadow basically unusable. It falls down immediately after application, no matter how careful you are and the chunks that do stay on your eyelid are so large and scratchy that it looks almost like microscopic pieces of dandruff all over your eye.