April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Something about this smells very reminiscent of an antique store. Musty, wet, and like it's been sitting around for a while. Not the perfume for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bonboncats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I am on the fence about this scent. I purchased it blindly based on all the great reviews but when I got it at Ross for $20 for the full size and smelled it, my immediate thought was, "Oh crap this smells like mashed up old ladies in a jar." Like, serious old-lady smell. The epitome of the oldest of ladies spritzing their ancient scents on their wrinkled bodies. But I thought to myself, "Hey, I spent $20 on this, I'm going to give it a chance!" And the dry down is actually tolerable. The more I wear it, the less I hate it. And actually, a few people have said they liked it, including my mom who hates all perfumes. Well, she hates sweet fruity perfumes. Which I have a lot of. This is one of my very few not-sweet scents, and it is growing on me. I will learn to love it, because others are not offended by it. If you like mature, some-what musky smells, go get this. If you like sweet fruity smells, you might be disappointed. My overall opinion is that it is just ok. My sister, who is a year younger than me (I'm 29) liked this scent a lot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always enjoyed this scent and am also a fan of Narciso Rodriguez eau de toilette and eau de parfum. Lovely appeared on the scene a little after these soapy musk scents and it's easy to see a theme, though the parfumers are different. I think this smells more like NR in the edp than the edt, and though it's not a dead ringer, especially to the trained nose, I have had friends ask me if I'm wearing NR when I'm wearing this, which is proof enough of kinship.

I think Sarah Jessica Parker must have had a tighter hold on creating this scent than celebs usually do; or perhaps in a rare shocker, the big corporate machines just got it right. Whatever, Lovely stands with J Lo 'Glow' as a pleasing white floral that passes as something far more special than the price tag claims.

One of my dear friends has recently started wearing this and it smells great. Lucky for us, there have been so many hundreds of cheap/ celebrity scents that Lovely isn't that prevalent.

This is an elegant, soft and pretty scent, suitable for a Victorian girl in a bonnet, drinking tea from a china cup. The rosewood and lavender are a lovely combination. As with many cheaper scents, the sillage is superior to a nose-to-skin sniff, but if you're happy to waft around smelling Lovely, this is a perfectly suitable choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by JessieValentine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Light floral flavor with a bit of a twist. I'm in love with the bottle and have purchased 2 of them because I have been going through it so quickly. Perfect day time perfume that is light and not too strong. It is purely elegant and feminine, just like Sarah Jessica Parker herself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely is really unique, which is surprising in a celebrity fragrance. Combining pretty white florals with a weird peppery note, it stands out in a sea of cheap, candy scented clones. You can tell that a lot of work went into creating this fragrance. It's not just a product of public relations and good advertising. Long lasting, but subtle, I think this makes a terrific work scent. Pretty bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really having fun discovering new perfumes! I am more of a spice girl with scents. I decided to give this a go. It is more floral then I usually like however it's unusual. Not a scent I have smelled before. Although it is not love and first sniff, it's not hate either. I will allow it to settle and see how my chemistry likes it, most importantly my husband. The perfume appears to have good Sillage. I will report later on the lasting power.

Here is an update several hours later: I can still smell a generous scent from my wrist and I must say I can safely say I do love this perfume. Definitely a safe fresh bet!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of celebrity perfumes because most are generic and are, in my opinion, created for mass appeal. I'm hardly a perfume snob (I like Flowerbomb after all!) but one can only get jazzed up over the same fruity/floral, in your face perfume before totally burning out. Because of this, I held off on buying Lovely for quite a few years even though I adore Sarah Jessica Parker. After seeing it at Ross a couple hundred times, I decided to buy it.

I can't say I'm in love with this scent because I'm not. It's not the worst smelling perfume but it's certainly not one that is in my regular rotation. This is a bit surprising because it has all notes I typically love (musk, patchouli, amber) but something about it just doesn't work for me. It has a sharp note of something that makes it smell vaguely plastic-y and almost unbearable. On me, it seems like the floral notes really come out and I'm no fan of overly floral scents. As other reviewers have correctly mentioned, Lovely smells a whole lot like Narciso Rodriguez (of which I have a small bottle). If you like that scent, you'll likely love Lovely. On the plus side, Lovely has great staying power. I wore it shortly after I purchased it and the scent transferred to my sweater. That was months ago and my sweater still smells of it. Another plus point is Lovely is dirt cheap and available almost anywhere. SJP has always been conscientious about making whatever she creates and sells available to everyone at a reasonable price which is something I admire her for.

Although I'm not a fan of Lovely, I would recommend it to others. It is well made and not your standard celebrity fragrance but it just doesn't work well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my favourite day time perfume. It has such an unusual fresh smell to it that draws many compliments.

The vintage style bottle looks so pretty sat on my dressing table, you would never think it was a celebrity fragrance.

I find that it doesn't last a particularly long time on the skin so I do have to have a lunch time spritz to top it up. I love the smell so much though I can overlook this!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given about an inch of this fragrance by a friend, it smelled okay on her. Now on me without having any lotion or body wash on my arm where I first tried the scent, it smelled nothing like stated by other people. On me it smelled of gasoline, pungent, strong and nowhere to be found were any soft flowers or any type of lovely smells, it was not a nice smell on me. I have tried this scent so many times and it goes to show a person's body has such an effect on scents. I have even been given a small roller ball of the satin addition to this scent but it still doesnt smell anything like the word ""lovely"" on me. I love musks and have no lemming for this scent at all. I do appreciate how some others have found this scent to be lovely on them but I cannot wear it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by khugiya

it was really heavy and gave me a headache. I gave it to my friend because I can not smell it. She also told me it was a little bit heavy. Honestly i did not like it.