Coty Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

3.4

on 8/24/2015 5:43:00 AM

A part of me really wants to like this perfume. On paper the notes sound fantastic. With the exception of apple martini and cedar, every single note in this perfume is one that I love and have in other fragrances. In some ways it reminds me of my beloved discontinued Feminine by Dolce and Gabbana,. It definitely is similar to Narcisco Rodriguez, but at about one fifth the price. Yes, I really wish I liked this perfume...but I don't.

Sarah Jessica Parker said that she wanted her perfume to be subtle but instantly recognisable, and she succeeded. I often smell this on people and can instantly recognise it. The problem is, it leaves me cold. I think it must be the cedar. It's not a note I like. It makes the perfume smell cold, and to me, a fragrance with a musk base should never smell cold.

A really good creation, and way above most celebrity fragrances, but a definite no for me.

on 8/4/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my everyday fragrance, it's subtle enough to wear it at work or when I have to be close to people and I don't want anybody to be offended by my fragrance, fragrances can be offensive for some people and can trigger headaches or allergies. My best friend who is in her 20's commented saying this is something her mother would wear, I'm in my 30's and I quite like it. What can I say, I like to smell like a women and not like a teenager. This smells nice and is not too sweet. I appreciate the amount of product that comes in it since I use it almost everyday 100ml instead of the usual 30-50ml fragrances.

on 5/10/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok I have gone through an entire bottle of this and am on a second bottle. Let me state, this is not my favorite perfume. In fact, it reminds me of the Sure Spray Deodorant from the 1980s. That being said, it's not an unpleasant smell. It's strong on the first spray and maybe some would say overpowering. But it mellows to just a clean scent. It's a good everyday scent. Not too floral or sickening sweet, which is important because I work as a nurse in a hospital and don't want to trigger anyone's allergies or migraines. One small spray in the cleavage or back of the neck will be sufficient. I don't reach for this scent everyday but was surprised that I do use it as soften as I do. I have used it enough to purchase a second bottle, afterall.

on 5/6/2015 3:42:00 PM

LOVE this perfume. It smells beautiful. reminds me of when I started dating my fiancé cos I used to wear it a lot . I just love it

on 5/6/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Like many others, i too feel Lovely smells somewhat similar to NR for Her EDT. Lovely is more subtle and suitable for everyday use while NR for Her EDT smells much stronger and has a sexy vibe to it, more suitable for dates or night out to the clubs. I choose Lovely because its much cheaper compared to NR and i need something for daily use, not too overwhelming but yet feminine. In fact, this was the only perfume bottle i own that I used till the last drop, And i love how the bottle looks. Simple and feminine.

But I have to admit, the 1st spray can somewhat be nauseating, like cheap perfume but its the drydown (about 10mins later) that lingers smells like NR. But if you have more moolah, I'd say go for NR. Just a little spray from NR is much more long-lasting than Lovely anyway.

Ewww! I'm sorry. Maybe I'm too young, too immature, or not refined enough but this crap smells like grandmas moth-ball eaten abandoned hall closet that no one has stepped foot in in thirty years. Yuck.
It SMELLS cheap, besides being actually cheap.

Cute bottle though

on 9/23/2014 2:52:00 PM

Aren't we all just a little sick of smelling like a grocery store? I never could understand all the fruit and vegetable scents and then they came out with vanilla cookie, pumpkin pie, gingerbread...I've gained five pounds just smelling perfumes!

Lovely, on the other hand, is aptly named. It's a beautiful, feminine scent designed for the female that desires an aura of sophistication and beauty. And you won't be mistaken for a fruit salad!

on 4/17/2014 9:24:00 PM

Something about this smells very reminiscent of an antique store. Musty, wet, and like it's been sitting around for a while. Not the perfume for me.

on 3/19/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So, I am on the fence about this scent. I purchased it blindly based on all the great reviews but when I got it at Ross for $20 for the full size and smelled it, my immediate thought was, "Oh crap this smells like mashed up old ladies in a jar." Like, serious old-lady smell. The epitome of the oldest of ladies spritzing their ancient scents on their wrinkled bodies. But I thought to myself, "Hey, I spent $20 on this, I'm going to give it a chance!" And the dry down is actually tolerable. The more I wear it, the less I hate it. And actually, a few people have said they liked it, including my mom who hates all perfumes. Well, she hates sweet fruity perfumes. Which I have a lot of. This is one of my very few not-sweet scents, and it is growing on me. I will learn to love it, because others are not offended by it. If you like mature, some-what musky smells, go get this. If you like sweet fruity smells, you might be disappointed. My overall opinion is that it is just ok. My sister, who is a year younger than me (I'm 29) liked this scent a lot.

on 12/28/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I've always enjoyed this scent and am also a fan of Narciso Rodriguez eau de toilette and eau de parfum. Lovely appeared on the scene a little after these soapy musk scents and it's easy to see a theme, though the parfumers are different. I think this smells more like NR in the edp than the edt, and though it's not a dead ringer, especially to the trained nose, I have had friends ask me if I'm wearing NR when I'm wearing this, which is proof enough of kinship.

I think Sarah Jessica Parker must have had a tighter hold on creating this scent than celebs usually do; or perhaps in a rare shocker, the big corporate machines just got it right. Whatever, Lovely stands with J Lo 'Glow' as a pleasing white floral that passes as something far more special than the price tag claims.

One of my dear friends has recently started wearing this and it smells great. Lucky for us, there have been so many hundreds of cheap/ celebrity scents that Lovely isn't that prevalent.

This is an elegant, soft and pretty scent, suitable for a Victorian girl in a bonnet, drinking tea from a china cup. The rosewood and lavender are a lovely combination. As with many cheaper scents, the sillage is superior to a nose-to-skin sniff, but if you're happy to waft around smelling Lovely, this is a perfectly suitable choice.

Popular Fragrances