September 1, 2014 | 2082 users online

Fragrances - Demeter - Strawberry Ice Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by RollingRed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells like a cross between cotton candy and strawberry flavored hard candy. Very sweet. Not a natural smelling strawberry. Not what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryFox007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay fragrance but it smells very synthetic. It's sometimes headache-inducing for me, so it is important to spray it lightly. It's very strong too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by TrashyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was really excited about this, a strawberry ice cream perfume, how could you go wrong?? I totally LOVE strawberry scents!!!! this isn't yummy like I was expecting though=(
To me, it smells just like a strawberry candle or like strawberry scented wax... not like strawberry ice cream, or like just strawberry. It really does smell like wax, strawberry scented wax or a strawberry scented candle. That is a turnoff for me... I don't wanna smell like wax or like a candle. I try to ignore that and just wear it and on the drydown it gets a little better, but still it isn't as good as I was expecting. There's something weird about the sillage of this scent... while it lasts on clothes or anywhere if you sniff close to where it's been sprayed, it's not a "powerful" scent, even just sprayed over 10 times, it isn't very noticeable... usually other fragrances seem to "travel" and be really powerful and wrap you around a cloud of fragrance that gets detected almost miles away and leaves a trace... this isn't like that at all, you have to get really close to where it's been sprayed to be able to detect it, it's very subtle, not powerful at all and while it has good lasting power, it doesn't have sillage. That happens a lot with many Demeter fragrances, maybe they are formulated a different way than regular quaility perfume is.
The bottle and packaging, of course, are super ugly, cheesy and horrible, but it's the same for all Demeter fragrances packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by dinahad

This one smells more like Strawberry Quick Strawberry milk rather than icecream. It's not a cool frosty scent but rather, warm and comforting. This one has better than average staying power compared to many Demeters. Overall, I liked this one although it is a pretty basic strawberry/warm milk kind of scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by betseygirl

I absolutely love the fragrance! I bought this as part of a set with waffle cone. I ended up swapping the waffle cone, but kept the strawberry ice cream. I was so worried about running out because I got half way thru the bottle so i purchased a 4 oz size off of ebay along with the lotion. (I find that Demeter scents do not last long without their matching moisturizers.) I now use my mini bottle as a carry around and refill it when needed. It does smell somewhat artificial, like the no name brand kind of strawberry ice cream, but its yummy none the less. whenever I wear this out, I always get girls ooooing and ahhhhhing wondering what i am wearing. Many people also ask if they can take a bite out of me. Its yum!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by ThaneFurrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also really wanted to love this one. If you can believe it, this Demeter was too strong on me. If you're going to wear a straight gourmand fragrance such as this, you probably want it to be on the subtle side. But this is anything but subtle. It's also smells more like Strawberry Milk Syrup than icecream. So if you'd like to smell like a very strong glass of Strawberry Milk, this is the Demeter for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2005 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Joy1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this one. To me, it smells like a cheap strawberry candle. Waxy. Didn't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2005 12:27:00 AM More reviews by dr_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too got this in the duet, but really didn't care for the strawberry ice-cream half. The waffle cone is spot on, and a joy to smell. The strawberry is authentic, in as much as it smells exacty like the artificial flavouring they put in the ice-cream. Not for me, but I'm sure it woul appeal to many.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2005 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Pancake_Meow

I recently bought the Strawberry ice cream and waffle cone duet and I must say that these two scents are by far the best scents I have used by Demeter. I am a fan of yummy scented colognes and have been using Demeter products for about 3 years. The Strawberry ice cream smells just like REAL strawberry ice cream. I tore right into the package and could smell it before I even took off the lid! I am amazed at how realistic this scent is. It is also long lasting. I loved it so much that I bought a 4 oz of each of these scents! AWESOME! Demeter really did a great job with this scent! A+!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by YeahRok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUMMY! Exactly like a scoop of icy, creamy strawberry deliciousness. The fragrance has something of a darker tint to it, which I take to mean it contains more than the usual amount of oil. I'm glad I bought the 4 ounce size.