November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Lips - Merle Norman - Satin Lip Pencil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

This pencil is irritating to my lips, unlike the regular Lip Pencil Plus. The oldie is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by citylimits

Am a loyal fan of MN lip pencils. Since the Satin ones came out, I've purchased a few and love the convenience of having the liner and color in one pencil. They are a bit more moisturing than the original pencils although some of those have enough moisture already. The color is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these lip pencils! They are a no-brainer as far as pairing a liner and a lipstick together. I have probably five of these, ranging from Cocoa to Hydro Pink to Hydro Red. They last all day, and are the best for traveling as I can throw them in my bag and don't have to carry three or four lipsticks and pencils...My fave now is the Pink Slip, which has a very light pink liner, and then a bright pink lipcolor. Makes your lips pop! without being garish and looking my four year old playing in my lippies! Will repurchase, and will try more colors!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by sadiewoo

I have this in a pretty pink shade called Angel Mist. I like to carry it in my purse because it is so easy to use. This wears well on my lips without drying them out. I am going to buy more of these in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:26:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like these so much I've bought four of them. Actually three are Lip Pencil Plus and one of them is the Satin Lip Pencil. Satin Lip Pencil is the newer product and is alittle more moisturized. These products are 2 ended pencils. On one end is the liner and on the other end is the lipcolor. They are 2 coordinating colors but the liner part is a shade darker or so. You put the liner on first and then add the lipcolor. If you like you can add gloss, but it's not necessary. These pencils last longer than regular lipstick and they are very pigmented. I have these in Candy Apple(Satin Lip)-a beautiful true blue toned red, Rich Burgundy-a brownish rich color that looks wonderful with a gloss, Bistro Berry-a soft rosy purpish berry tone and Wild Berry-a soft very wearable neutral berry color. These four colors are all medium to deep, but not overly dark. They lend themselves especially well to cooler skin tones but they have a variety of colors that would work well for all skin tones. You can layer these pencils to look as light or as intense as you want. They are practical and convenient. You can put these on and basically forget about it and they last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by amyl715

I've used MN Lip Pencil Plus for years and am always waiting for new colors to come out. Finally MN went ahead and brought out a whole new pencil, which I fell in love with right away! This is a satiny finish pencil, not quite as matte as the regular lip pencil plus, and I have this in Honey Dew and Milk Chocolate, both of which are nice nuetral tones. As with their regular pencils, I *love* the staying power without the long lasting feel you get from other brands. I like that I can actually rub my lips together when wearing these! And as for the liner and lipstick on one convenient pencil, that takes the cake! With two kids, I don't have time to mess with rummaging through my purse for my liner and lipstick. Another great product from Mama Merle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful new lip pencil from Merle Norman. Much like their Lip Pencil plus, one end of this is a lipliner and one end is a lipstick. I love that this reduces the clutter in my makeup bag and purse. I also love the staying power on these. They stay on better than normal lipsticks because of the pencil formulation yet are still creamy and moist. I've wanted a sheerer version of my lip pencil plus forever and this is it. Great for summer, these have a nice satiny finish that keeps the color from being heavy and allows it to sink right in for a nicer finish. I too have "Honey Dew" and I love it. It comes out on me like a lighterweight version of Merle Norman's popular "Spice" lip pencil plus. I love spice but it's too heavy for summer, this one lightens the color up and gives it a nice satin sheen. This is really a great new addition to their line. Can't wait to see what other colors they come out with. This is a must for a summer makeup bag, because of the pencil form you won't have lipstick melted all over your purse in hot weather. Plus no more searching for your liner and lipstick, this one does it all. Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This new product is similar to MN's 'Lip Pencil Plus', but is more moisturizing & 'satiny', hence the name. Stays put & the lipcolor end smells great; comes in several beautiful shades. I have this in 'Honey Dew', a gorgeous light coppery-brown. Update 11/11/06: My new can't-live-without shade in this product is 'Hydro Pink'-check it out ladies; you'll love it too!!!