November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Gels/Soaps - Johnson & Johnson - SOFTWASH- Extra care Body wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creamy and effective, but didn't wow me in any way. I guess I'm more a fruity/floral scent girl that I realized. Seems gentle enough to use on a baby.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:38:00 AM More reviews by cynthea

it leaves my skin feeling soft, smells great in a very subtle way, and comes in a huge easy to use bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

love this stuff.
the new packaging is perfect, it smells great, and doesn't irritate my skin. i keeps me feeling smooth and i love how clean i feel when i step out of the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I like the touch of baby oil in this body wash. I definitely feel it while I'm in the shower, and it does leave my arms and chest feeling a tad greasy afterwards, but they're not dry like my legs, which the oil helps. I think I'll use this more in the spring, and stick to Aveeno for the winter. The price is a steal at Wal-mart, but much higher at drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was using the regular Johnson's softwash religiously, but my skin was drying out anyway. When my last bottle finished, I decided to replace it with the 'extra care' formula. My first impression (before I used it) was 'okay, this is going to pretty much be the same as the regular one'. But I bought it anyway because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the extra care lotion and body cream, so I thought I might as well try the bodywash. I am very impressed with this product as well. First off, thank heavens they changed the packaging (maybe they were browsing MUA and started listening to us!!), and I love the scent. I found the regular version too sweet, but this is perfect. The texture is very smooth and soft, the lather thick and rich. Not to mention the great price for a good sized bottle. I can see myself using this bodywash all year round, not just winter, because it's not greasy like Dove or Olay, and not drying like Suave or Softsoap (sometimes). I've been using it for two weeks and absolutely no complaints from me. WAY TO GO Johnson's !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by fme143

This is a nice and inexpensive body wash. The scent is soft and pleasant, like baby powder, and the texture is creamy but not greasy. It rinses off easily with little residue and leaves skin feeling soft. My only gripe is that it doesn't lather well, but overall this is something I would repurchase...the bottle design is cute too and easy to hold/grip.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by shoefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the calming scent. It smells so clean and nice. I can't use anything else now- I don't feel clean enough! I would suggest a better container though- it comes out too slow. It needs to me a little more moisturizing too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really impressed by Johnson's Softwash Extra Care Body Wash.

It really was gentle, had a airy-fluffy lather, and didn't dry me out. On the other end of the spectrum, it didn't break me out or leave a film on my skin either. Neutral fragrance too.

I had to deduct one lippie for the cap. As others have stated, if this bottle sits on its lid as it's designed, water gets into the inside area of the cap and sits. Best case scenerio, a little cold water gets splashed out when I open the cap in the shower. Worse case scenerio, the cap molds from the inside out. I ended up having to store this right outside the shower (trying to rest it upside down didn't work because it's bottle is too rounded and falls over with no prompting), which wasn't that convenient. Since this is a very liquidy-runny (though a creamy texture) bodywash, too much comes out too fast when it's sitting on its lid, so J&J really needs to redesign the packaging for both reasons.

Since ingredients change all the time, here are the ones currently:

Water, Glycerin, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Acrylate/Beheneth 25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Polyquaternium 7, Red 4, Yellow 10 continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Sumita

I bought this for my winter itchy-dry skin hoping it would moisturize better than the Dove sensitive skin soap I had been using in the shower. While I really like the texture (creamy yet foams nicely) and the scent (very subtle vanilla that reminded me of a sweet baby's-head scent), it don't find it to be more moisturizing than the Dove. What it does do is leave your skin smooth and clean-feeling. I'll hold on to this for warmer weather and probably switch to the Olay body wash.

It's in a big mother plastic container, so a bit clunky for a small shower area. The rigid plastic also makes it slightly difficult to squeeze out the product.

EDIT: This doubles up as a good shaving cream! Almost as smooth as my beloved Alba Botanica cream shave.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It smells nice and lathers well. I don't like the packaging cus it's hard to squeeze the product out when you get to the bottom of the tube. Average body wash, overall.