April 20, 2014 | 1627 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush in Coffee Cake

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I owned this blush in three shades—Cloud Wine, Coffee Cake, and Peach Satin. I loved the lightweight, mousse texture and how easily it glides onto the skin, and I'm certainly happy that it goes on sheer!

However, and I feel maybe it's because my skin is combo-oily, but this doesn't seem to be a buildable blush; it stays sheer regardless of how much I try to layer the color on. I've also had a similar issue with the Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in that this blush doesn't seem to dry and set; it transfers, and slides around during wear. I prefer the new Dream Bouncy formulas over their Dream Mousse blushes, because although they are equally sheer, they are buildable and have longer staying power in my experience. Not much longer, but the packaging is pretty slim, so if I have to reapply it's no problem, whereas the glass jar that Dream Mousse blushes come in is bulky—I keep those at home.

I think these are great to try, and I think those with drier skin types might actually appreciate the mousse formula better than the drier Dream Bouncy formula. But I'm moving on to the newer generation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color if you feel the rest are too light, pink or plum. I have rosacea, so I don't need to look as if I'm blushing! Coffee cake is a bronzy peach and works well to tone down a ruddy complexion. Can also serve as a bronzer, imo. Great product. Very creamy but not greasy. Not long lasting. You need to re-touch after 3-4 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jorates

I loved the colour - it is not a bronzer, but almost there (at least to me, NW20-25)... the colour is just right to give an astonishing healthy glow without looking tan..., it is waaay too shimmery, in fact it is almost frosty to me in daylight. I can't take that unless I'm going for an evening out. For some women that might be ok, But I prefer subtle shimmer.
It lasts good 3 hrs, on my mildly oily skin w/o powder.
A good product, by not for my taste. If they start making it matte, I sure will buy it, the texture is delicious and doesn't evidence pores. Pity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've never tried anything from the Mousse line and this was my first try with it. I love this blush! The color is great, not too orange or brown. I have fair skin and it's still great. It applys awesome, which is not what i expected. It sort of blends into a powder once on the skin and its not at all streaky. It also doesnt ruin or smudge foundation. I will for sure keep buying and try more colors!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff made me look like a hot disco mess.

Initially I thought it would be a pretty shade on my NC45 skin, but once I got outside, it looked like I was about to hit the clubs. I gave it a lippie because...it would like nice if you actually WANTED to hit the clubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to try this blush as something easy for the summer. However on me its just a pinkish glittery mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looking for a cream blush to counteract some of my too dry fdts., I saw this going for $2.99 at my local supermaket, and I thought, "what the heck."

I thought the color was a bit too "caramel" for my liking, but it was the only one left, and for the price, I thought I'd give it a try. I found out I can actually live with it.

I use it VERY SPARINGLY. Honestly. I gently pat my finger on it, smooth it on the apples of my cheeks, and work it outwards, towards my temples (I do this before I put on my setting powder, which is the colorless MUFE HD powder). Then, I dust setting powder all over my face. This prevents this blush from going oily ... oh, pardon me, I mean, "glowy," of course ... and makes it last all day.

I think the color would be better for summer. In winter, I prefer something a bit more on the cool side. Still, I don't dislike this. Especially, seeing how I paid such a low price for it. I'd give this a 3.5 rating.

I cannot understand why some people get so hysterical about pot containers. Don't you wash your hands before applying foundation, blush, concealer, etc.? If you do, there is not reason to fret about germs. I was told by a dermatologist that tubes can be just as unsanitary as anything else, because they "inhale" air (and the germs in it) when you release the pressure on them. And those germs stay trapped in the tube when you screw the cap back on. The only really "sanitary" containers, according to this dermatologist, are aluminum tubes. They don't "bounce back" like plastic tubes do. So relax, ladies. Pot containers are not going to kill you (especially if you wash your hands before dipping your fingers in; or if you use a Q-tip, or spatula).

And mousse can hardly come in any other form of container, if it wants to its mousse-like consistency.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of all the dream mousse blushes, this is the only color I really like. Coffee Cake is a nice peachy bronze color that really compliments my skintone (NC35-37). Application is a bit tricky; you have to dab it and build the color little by little so it doesn't look too cakey on top your foundation. If you just want a flush of color and you normally just wear powder and no foundation, then this blush might be good for you. But for me, I have to really take my time applying it. The other thing I don't like is the packaging; it's VERY unsanitary, especially if you have long nails. Oh and this blush doesn't stay on that long either even though my cheeks area are not as oily as my T-zone. Overall, nice product but I won't repurchase since I'm not one of those people who don't mind reapplying blush at mid-day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this blush even though i hate cream blushes! it is very easy to blend and gives a peachy bronze (with sparkles) on my cheeks. I have olive skintone and it shows up on my skin. The lasting power is good and the range of colors they have is wide but i wish they drop the price a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by RIA310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I applied this with my MAC 130 (great brush btw). I am NC42 and it did not really look like blush on me. It blend right in with my skin and just looked like glitter. I think i will use it as a highlighter or es base (not sure yet). It is not fair to give this product a bad review because the color didn't work for me. So I will say I love the texture although I would imagine it is not sanitary to apply with your fingers. The packaging is a bit bulky but nothing major. I would rebuy in another color since I do like the product.