November 26, 2014 | 1597 users online

Body Scrubs - Caudalie - Crushed Cabernet Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this gommage... Which is truly what it is, inmy opinion. The english translation as "scrub" doesn't properly describe the sort of product...it's softer, gummier, more crushed fruit-ish, less grainy, dry scrub-like texture. The scent is wonderful. The texture is a delight, soft but with enough exfoliant within it to make a nice difference without hurting the skin. The result is very nice, hydrated, delicately exfoliated, soft skin, with a brighter and more even tone. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub is an almost literal translation for my idea of gourmet skincare products. Not only it smells deliciously (a rich blend of essential oils with citrusy-floral notes) and the texture is a true delight (grainy yet not at all harsh - like a fruit puree), but it does make your skin silky soft and beautifully bright.
Unfortunately, I only own the small size that comes with the Huile Divine gift set and save it for very special occasions.
However, I'm seriously thinking on buying the actual product that has the extra value of coming in a fancy jar container. It is definitely pricey, but no more than an actual spa treatment. And we all deserve a treat sometimes, don't we?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought the price for this scrub was ridiculous for such a tiny jar, but I was still very curious so I bought a gift set of Caudalie products with the Cabernet Scrub, Vine Body Butter, Foot Beauty Cream, Shower Gel, and Beauty Elixir. I instantly loved the scrub, itís more thorough than any other scrub Iíve used, seriously exfoliating the skin, but it felt so gentle, not scratchy or rough on the skin at all. The scrub is very thick and solid in the jar. I use about a heaping Tablespoon of scrub and it spreads to my legs, arms and torso. The scent is a bit strong, but it doesnít linger after the shower. The latched jar that is comes in is, thankfully, plastic, but itís a bit cumbersome in the shower, Iíd prefer a tube with a wide mouth. Be careful not to get water in the jar because it will liquefy the scrub. I have already bought this scrub again and will continue to, though I wish Caudalie would bring back the bigger jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by saraxiao

Best body scrub I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mamasgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the glass bottle that this product came in, so I just knew it was going to be something special if it was packaged so spectacularly. Wrong! Worst scrub I've ever used. It was thick and hard to massage into my skin. The smell was horrible-made me nauseous. I got this in a gift set that included horrible body washes and lotions; I returned it after one use. Totally turned off by all the products in the set and probably won't purchase any other Caudalie products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like Caudalie's scrubs. This has a great consistency, and is free of many synthetic ingredients I try to stay away from. Overall, it's a good alternative for those looking for a gentle, high-end, natural scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by DanceUWan2BMe1

This was my first scrub that I tried by Caudalie. I wasn't that impressed. I would prefer some of 100% Pure scrubs over this one. I did not like the smell of this scrub at all. It smells like medicine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by mom2cameron

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub! It exfoiliates very well and feels good on dry, itchy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lisalis

I really liked this scrub. It smells nice and really moisturizes the skin. It left my skin silky soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really did not like this scrub, I have tried all 3 scrubs from the range, and I didn't like any of them. They feel really scrubby, but didn't leave my skin feeling particularly smooth or moisturised. I was totally unimpressed. IMO Ren scubs are a million times better.