April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush - Cloud Wine

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I owned this blush in three shades—Cloud Wine, Coffee Cake, and Peach Satin. I loved the lightweight, mousse texture and how easily it glides onto the skin, and I'm certainly happy that it goes on sheer!

However, and I feel maybe it's because my skin is combo-oily, but this doesn't seem to be a buildable blush; it stays sheer regardless of how much I try to layer the color on. I've also had a similar issue with the Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in that this blush doesn't seem to dry and set; it transfers, and slides around during wear. I prefer the new Dream Bouncy formulas over their Dream Mousse blushes, because although they are equally sheer, they are buildable and have longer staying power in my experience. Not much longer, but the packaging is pretty slim, so if I have to reapply it's no problem, whereas the glass jar that Dream Mousse blushes come in is bulky—I keep those at home.

I think these are great to try, and I think those with drier skin types might actually appreciate the mousse formula better than the drier Dream Bouncy formula. But I'm moving on to the newer generation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ipekgultekin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thats the worst blush probably i have ever buy. Its not even creamy its just so sticky. And its not lasting long.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for a newbie to cream/whipped blushes. It is easy to apply and blend. The packaging is nice for DS product, as it is not at all flimsy, but in a heavyweight glass jar. This blush goes on velvety and dries to a powder finish. It is a light plummy color with slight shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Now, before I try to mark this as discontinued, I shall quickly write one last review on this blush. I will say that I'm in love with Maybelline's Dream Mousse blushes. They are so blendable and easy to apply and last forever! I've had my first one for about two years now and I'm nowhere close to it being done, even with a lot of uses. These are awesome blushes indeed, can't believe Maybelline is discontinuing them!! This shade, Cloud Wine, is a berry-mauve color. I am only giving this a 4/5 because the shade is not very flattering on light skin tones. It just makes my skin look washed out. I still use it, in very small applications, of course. As aforementioned, this blush is very blendable and soft, so mistakes are easy to avoid here. They were for a good price, somewhere around $6. So now I say a sad farewell to these blushes. TT.TT

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lealorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this is discontinued. I have Pink Frosting and Cloud Wine, which both look great despite the fact that I am so pale. Both of the products last a long time. I haven't tried the new blush that's replaced it, but I wasn't happy to see this was gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the color of this cream mousse blush! I use my fingers to apply and I never have to worry about it being too much even though I tend to be very heavy handed with blush and bronzers. I have not had a problem with any break outs or skin irritation. I also have never had a problem with it drying out and can use it till the very bottom of the jar. You cannot beat the price! I must say that I am very impressed with the Maybelline brand products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Badoumba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my first cream blush and I must say I was impressed by the texture of this. It is very creamy, very fresh and easy to blend.
The cloud wine is a nice colour but you have to be careful not to put too much product on as it does have glitters. I found it much easier to apply with a stippling brush than with the fingers.
I usually put a little bit of powder blush on top of the mousse. It looks more natural, not as shiny and lasts longer.
I will probably try other colours in this range when I finish this one.

EDIT: This broke me out :( I tend to have bad reactions to Maybelline's products (although I used Dream Matte Mousse foundation for years with no problem). Will probably finish this pot and not repurchase,

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a blush expert and powder blush makes me break out, so I was a bit hesitant to buy this because I wasn't sure about which color to buy. Fortunately, I picked out the right one (Cloud Wine) and I must say this blush is really amazing. It's great for my dry cheeks and blends very well. If you are looking for a more dramatic blush, you will have to layer more, but I don't wear much blush, so this works ok for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by supeya

I wanted to try the mousse texture and this is why I bought it. I love the texture which is very creamy and sets to silky powdery finish. The color shows up sheer and if you want more color you can always apply more. It has sparkles, but once blend it onto my skin, it is barely visible. The color fades out in couple of hours and leaves a hint of the color on my cheeks, which I don't really mind. The application gives it a natural look. If you want a blush with lots of color and need it to last all day, I would suggest getting something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought 2 of these since they were on sale for $3.94cdn each. It's a nice medium - dark plum color with sparkles. The texture is the same as all the other dream mousse blushes. Very creamy and smooth and "mousse-like". I tried it out today and found that this color doesn't compliment my skin color very well. (MAC NC 20-25). It just looks off or make me look like i was bruised or swollen lol. Wasn't too bad tho cuz it pretty much faded within an hour or so and the color was virtually undetectable!! I went back the same day and returned the unopened one.