November 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Style and Shine Natural Lash and Brow Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My absolute favorite product for lashes! It's simple, inexpensive, and does the trick. I like how once it's dry it makes my lashes look natural, and keeps them in place all day. I haven't had to buy this for a while, but I hope it isn't discontinued in Canada like some of the other reviewers were saying. I'd be so sad :( If it isn't discontinued, I will buy this forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by TGarden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hope this isn't really discontinued. It's getting so hard to find clear mascaras. :( Anyway, this is great stuff. It has just enough flexibility to keep it from flaking off, but it really does a good job of holding the brows in place and actually, I like it for my eyelashes too, with a bit of kitchen magic. See, I keep two tubes: one for brows and one for lashes. I add a bit of minerals to them to get the color I want. I have browns in one and black with a touch of rust and bronze in the other. I just remove the mascara wand, dip it into the minerals, then feed it back into the tube and mix it up. I mix it a second time using a tiny steel crochet hook, the kind used for crocheting lace, but I imagine a long toothpick or skewer would also work just to give it a good extra stir. This gives me a perfect sheer, custom color for my brows, which are difficult to get right as I'm an ash blonde with that unusual Scandinavian hint of olive tone to it, plus my pale skin with pink undertones. Things are either too dark on me or too orangey, but this way I can make it just the right way. I also don't have to worry about getting the right mascara color to bring out my blue eyes anymore, because I just blend one up for myself. The mascara does a good job of holding a curl on my short, sparse, completely blonde eyelashes, and I can adjust the intensity of the color from natural to dramatic just by adding another layer or two. Unlike other mascaras, this stuff is practically impossible to clump. My only complaint is that it is rather slow to dry. I just do eyeliner first, then mascara, let it dry and *then* do the eyeshadow, that way I don't have to worry about smudging the lid while removing little dots of wet mascara if I happen to open my eyes too wide before it's dry. Not a big deal. I really hope they haven't stopped making it, that's going to be a big hassle for me. Oh, also I don't mind the little bit of shimmer. I'm almost 40 and not a fan of glittery things anymore, but this is subtle enough that it just sort of highlights my bone structure a little bit without looking like I'm going out clubbing or mistaking my evening makeup for my daytime makeup.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BadgerBadger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a brilliant product for brows. It is a simple clear brow gel with a mascara wand, similar to MAC brow set but for a fraction of the price. I last found it for $3.

I have dark, long brow hairs that tend to be unruly. I apply this to my brows after brow powder and it holds my brows in place through a 12 hr shift. This doesn't make my brows overly shiny or glossy either, simply natural looking.

My only beef is that this product has been apparently discontinued! I can't find it anywhere on shelves here in Canada this week, and have had someone in the US look for it too, to no avail. WTH Rimmel? *shakes fist*

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by blondie2cute

Amazing HG eyebrow product for me. Keeps my eyebrows groomed and styled and gives me another week before I have to go to the waxer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this for shaping my brows. Stays in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by scorpio1273

Dirt cheap, product does what it is supposed to do. Wish the packaging was a little more interesting though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product and use it daily to set me brows after I have applied brow powder. Great consistency that is neither too thick or thin, applies evenly with the wand/brush, and dries quickly. It sets to a natural finish that is neither too stiff or hard, plus it doesn't flake. Great product and super inexpensive for less then $5 at regular price at my local Walmart. Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I use it everyday on my brows after applying smashbox's brow tech. It brushes my brow into a perfect arch in one pass of the wand. Stays in place great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by nikarina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. I was also wary about putting stuff on my eyebrows, because I have naturally blonde hair, but my eyebrows are naturally dark! If I put powder/stick then my eyebrows looked even more harsh and dramatic.Now I put this on and my eyebrows completely groom into place. I can hold off getting my eyebrows waxed by 2 weeks using this product and just plucking underneath strays. I also use this product on my lashes if I want some shin and length but no dark mascara. Totally worth the buy, if you gals are looking for an eyebrow gel and are hesistant that this will be gloopy/gross because it's d/s, don't be! Go out and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I didn't pick this product up eariler! My eyebrows suffered for too long!! The consistency of this gel is great because it's not too thin where it's too watery yet it's not too thick where it's glompy. I love this gel because it groms all the hairs on my eyebrows in place, even the ity bity hairs. I got this on sale for $1.99 CND and I am extremely pleased with it!