October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Refinishing Eye Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I got this as a GWP and Estee always has the best-feeling serums. This was smooth under the eyes and would be great for winter. I like how it feels, but EL is too expensive for my budget. I am more of a Neutrogena or even Olay serum type of spender.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Bonnerka

I know the same product for the skin is very popular, but the version for the eyes disappointed me badly. After weeks of use, my eyes actually developed fine wrinkles, which I normally don't get (yet - it was remedies by much cheaper drugstore eye cream). The skin around my eyes actually felt dry, which never happens with another eye creams, cheap or expensive. I have used some faboulous skincare from Estee Lauder, but this one is a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mountaindewt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My face is usually oily and the area around my eyes gets a little oily at the end of the day, which often causes my eyes to sting with most eye products, but not this Estee Lauder Idealist Refinishing Eye Serum. It works for me without causing any irritation at the end of the day, nor does it give me milia like many products do, such as Clinique's All About Eyes.

I have tried many eye products, but would always go back to Estee Lauder Idealist Refinishing Eye Serum, as it works for me. It applies smooth and is not greasy or drying. But it is a little pricey, which is why I am always looking for something else to replace it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 1laudergirl

This is not a product that I would use but only because it does not address my concerns. At my age I am beginning to worry about the lines around my eye area. This product is not for someone who has this problem. The new Time Zone eye is great. Not a heavy formula yet a very concentrated version of the Time Zone Moisturizer and very emoliant. Instanly you see a visible reduction in the number depth and length of the lines around the eye. Idealist eye is great for someone 18-20 who is not yet begun the aging process.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a week and am hopeful. Due to extra dry skin and dermatitis that pops up round my eyes a lot and causes huge damage that stays, I hoped this would help boost my usual beloved eye cream. And am beginning to think it does. The crepyness caused by the dermatitis looks a little smoother, my skin looks a little younger, the skin problem really ages the skin - fast forward twenty years - and I think this will help.

After all eye shadow is ageing, it dries out the skin and sucks up natural oils and I think this will help, to my surprise I noticed today that the skin around my eyes and on my lids looks a little less moc croc, which is a miracle, so I'll go on with this and am pleased I got it. I'd recommend to anyone needing a boost to their eye cream, some extra hydration, not instead of their eye cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

I got this after I broke out using the Advance Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex. This product did not make me break out anymore nor did it leave my eyes all red and irritated, but I think that was about it. It's not hydrating enough for an eyecream, and the skin around eyes still felt pretty dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AlessandraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy the texture of this product and its smooth, silky, matte finish. It doesn't leave the skin greasy as other eye cream i have tried, it doesn't cause those annoying little white breakouts, but i can feel that it has a limited hydratating power - still allright on my not-dry skin, but maybe not so suitable for more thirsty ones.
I would by it gain, but i guess I will need to switch to something more nourishing in some years, since it really feels like a young skin cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by trendywendy84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye serum works OK for me. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to give their eyes a light moisture treatment and prevent fine lines. It doesn't really cover up darkness and I don't have puffiness so I wouldn't know if it does anything for that. Maybe over time it will help with those things because usually these treatments takes some time before you see results. I probably wouldn't repurchase b/c I would want to find something else better. This is definitely for a "younger eye" because it doesn't do much for fine lines, darkness, puffiness...it's really a prevention product since it contains antioxidants.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not overly impressed with this eye product. In Estee Lauder's line of eye cream's, there are far better choices than this one that do a lot more for your eyes. This one claims to smooth fine lines and act as a good eyeshadow base. You put it all over the eyelid and around the eye area. I just wasn't impressed with this eye "serum".

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jouls

Waste of time and money...I saw no improvements in my eye area at all even though I used the whole bottle. I am still looking for my HG eye cream that is also age appropriate for me.