July 22, 2014 | 2267 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #275 Medium Angled Shading Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

A good all round shading brush, I use this to apply the base coat of eyeshadow to the whole of my eyelid. It is even great for blending out! The bristles are full, fluffy and soft and just what you need to shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush around a month ago. My brows are quite full, and as for alot of people with fuller brows, the distance between my brows and my eyes is quite relatively minimal and as a result, I was looking for an angled brush that could create a flatter, elongated eye look. I find that this brush is quite successful at this task. Prior to this, I had used 217s or 217-esque blending brushes to achieve this, but the look took more time because they would inevitably create a rounder shape which had to be fixed extensively before it looked 'right'. This is not a problem with the #275. The only issue I have with this is that it really does need to be used with a very light hand. I assume that it is the nature of the hairs and the structure of the brush head that makes it pick up and blend pigment more strongly than other eye brushes I've used. To sum up, this a particularly useful brush for those who prefer wearing their eye makeup outwards rather than upwards.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good but not great I use this for my lids or to highlight under my brows. Any other brush can do that just as well and it would probably be cheaper. It is soft and when I wash it, it does not shead so it is durable I suppose. Ive had mine for about 3 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by float

I love 275 it's not only amazing for eyes, also for countour my nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by TMK6959

This is just ok- not good, not great. I'm not particularly impressed by this brush. Overall it does a so-so job but I have found it tends to flick eyeshadow dust where I don't want it. 'Tis going on my swap list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

great for the outer-v and the outer crease. blends great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Murais

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy baloney, this brush is the t**ts for a discrete yet fab outer V crease color! I've tried the Sephora angled shadow brush and the Elf one, but one was a wee bit too large, the other a wee bit too small. This is perfect. And, cheapskate that I am, I even got the SE version to save a few bucks. And even this economy version is a great, soft, outer contour brush. Just load it up with a dark shadow and wiggle it, larger, angle side perpendicular up, into your outer eye corner. Instant depth and contour. Especially good for hooded eyes, and I should know, I've got 'em!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sylviemakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing but it gets over looked so much! Honestly, it does everything I want it to. I've discovered its amazing for concealer (even though it does take a teeny bit longer to buff in the concealer, but you get a perfect flawless finish), as well as being great for applying a wash of colour on the lid, blending out harsh lines, applying highlight to the brow bone and colour to the inner tear duct, crease work, depositing colour on the outer-v, and applying powder to the under-eye area. Heck I even use it to apply eye cream when I don't want to use fingers, as its hairs are soft enough and angled so fits right into the corners. Extremely underrated and a fabulous multi-tasker. Definitely in my top 5 brushes, and would immediately repurchase if I ever lost it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by LoveAnnChic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very sad that this brush is discontinued. I "rediscovered" makeup about 16 months ago, and this brush was recommended by Leesha on YouTube. I must say, boy was she right! No other brush in my collection (and in the last 16 months, I've gotten quite a few) provides the dimensional color depositing that I need. Using it to place the color at the outside of my eye lid, and then using a windshield wiper motion to blend is my application of choice. I ended up buying this from eBay, and I'm not disappointed. I was lucky, I was able to get it for a reasonable price, but I am not looking forward to the day when I'm going to have to replace it! I'm constantly on the look-out for a backup! I can't say enough about the value of this brush. If you see one, BUY IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this brush for quite some time and never really used it. Recently I have been watching tutorials for "hooded eyes" (I have naturally hooded eyes that have started to grow larger with age) on youtube for makeup tricks and tips to de-emphasize the hood and better define my crease. I have found a few gurus that use this brush especially for that purpose. I have started to follow their tips and tricks and now really appreciate this brush!! The 275 really helps me apply shadow to my crease and de-emphasize my hooded eye. Super happy that I'm finally able to find a good use for this brush.