Merle Norman Micro-Refiner

4.4

CALCIUM CHLORIDE, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISODODECANE, POLYSORBATE 85, POLYSILICONE-11, POLYETHYLENE, BUTYLOCTYL SALICYLATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SILICA, ALUMINA, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, NEPHRITE POWDER, PEG-15/LAURYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUMHECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, FRAGRANCE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 12/8/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely dry and very sensitive skin; this is an exfoliator that I can use without any overt side effects - other than when I'm done, my face feels like a babies butt! Yes, it does warm up, but it doesn't get hot - and yes, my face gets a bit red, but that is the side effect of exfoliation - goes away right away!

on 9/26/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I use twice a week, I squirt a dime size amount onto fingers, rub together to get the refiner warm. I rub in circular motions on my face for about 30 secs rinse then i use my cleanser for a good deep clean!! I love how this product has helped my clear up my acne scars... foundation sits on my skin better making the foundation look flawless!! My mom uses this to help smooth out age spots and dead skin!! she has noticed her skin feels & looks smoother!! I use on Tuesday to look good at the begining of the week and Friday to look good during the weekend!! it cost me $49... but it last me for 6 months!! it's less than a dollar a day to use!! I will continue to buy!!

on 7/16/2009 3:33:00 PM

Super-fine crystals massage the dead skin off your face, etc. I did not experience any of the irritation some other reviewers have mentioned, and I don't think it gets very hot; warm maybe. I use the product in the shower once a week, and I can feel my pores open up. I have fairly oily skin and I wear make-up daily, so it's great to get a 'mini-facial' once a week. It costs $55 if I'm not mistaken, which seems pricey, but a package lasts me at least 6 months, and $55 is way less than a single facial much less 6 months of weekly facials.

on 9/29/2008 4:03:00 PM

Absolutely LOVED this product! The sales person explained to me just how to and how often to use it, and suggested to use it in the shower for eaiser rinsing off of it. She also explained to me that it does warn up for just a few seconds and that the warmth was opening the pores to cleanse them out. It was so nice and my skin on my face felt incredibly smooth and looked great. I will definitley continue to purchase this product.

on 6/21/2008 5:20:00 PM

This is a terrible product for the price. It irritated my skin immensely because of the heating aspect. Why they put the 'hot' factor in is beyond me. There are many other exfoliating scrubs out there that do a better job for less money and without the irritation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using the sample I had up. I had high hopes for this product! I tried it once a week, making sure not to use any AHA products or other scrubs the same day (or the day before just to be safe). This product has a thick, creamy yet grainy feel. It warms when you put it on, but by the third time, I didn't even make it 20 seconds before the warm turned to burn. I quickly washed off, and even the first couple of times, I noticed more redness than soft, glowing skin. This last and final time I used this product, my skin developed a horrible red rash. An hour later, it is still splotchy. I tried putting the moisture rich treatment by merle on and that helped a little bit. I will not purchase, and am glad that it was a sample rather than something I actually paid for. I am sure this is wonderful for those whose skin is not as sensitive as mine.

on 3/29/2008 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Works wonderfully, just like every other MN product. Definitely use in the shower - its a bit hard to get all the granules off at the sink.

on 3/23/2008 3:48:00 PM

Works really well at exfoliating face bumps/acne. Expensive, but lasts a while if you only use it once a week. Warms when it gets wet. I use it in the shower after washing my face, since all the little beads can be hard to rinse off (if I'm not in the shower). Does wonders for my skin. Leaves skin very soft, smooth and moisturized. This is my HG for exfoliators!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

my husband and i love this scrub. warms as it works, and leaves the skin very smooth. one tube has lasted about 6 months with once-weekly use (both of us) the only reason i would not rebuy is the price...goes for $44 here.

on 1/1/2008 7:13:00 PM

I tried a sampler of this and it's AMAZING!! Usually I don't like trying to use too much junk on my face cleanser/toner/whatever-wise but it REALLY exfoliates and leaves your skin SO smooth. I think I will give in and eventually buy it. Oh, and it heats up to the touch when you rub it on your face. Feels so good!! I also got another sample of the LUXIVAŽ Moisture Rich Facial Treatment that I use after the Micro-Refiner and smooths and softens my skin even more!! Love it!!

Popular Treatments (Face)