October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Smith's Mentholated Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell53

I really like this balm. It does great things for my lips, it goes on smoothly, I love the scent and it tingles my lips a little. It feels very fresh on my lips. I both love and hate the packaging. I love it because it's so cute and retro. I hate it because it can be messy. When it was really hot outside it completely melted when it was in my bag. The product was everywhere in the tin,the product came out of the tin,... It was a big mess.
Overall a very good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this salve for it's multil purpose usage. I only use this on my lips when they're chapped, and I put a little on/under my nose when I have sinus issues. Basically, this smells like vicks vapor rub, but it has a much more pleasant milder smell. It's great at healing chapped lips. I don't feel the menthol at all. The vaseline texture clogs my lips causing bumps that i can only feel with the tongue. I'd be better off sticking to my carmex- at least that gives me a nice tingle, and it does a great job for chapped lips as well. This product did nothing to ease my sinus, but it did keep my nose from getting sore from all the blowing. I have yet to try it on insect bites, but I doubt it'd work due to it's lack of menthol sensation. This salve was hard to find, so I had to purchase it from ebay. I wouldn't use this salve as an everyday lip balm. This tin will last me a very long time. Although this is a good product, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. If you're looking for that nice menthol tingling on the lips, give carmex a try. It's much cheaper too, and well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very meh on this product. I bought it to use on my very chapped lips.. a .8 oz tin for $7.. Well I might as well have just bought a huge tub of vaseline (and it would have still been cheaper) because thats what Smith's mentholated salve basically is..vaseline.. Or better yet a much much more milder version of Vicks menthol rub.

The mentholated part is such a joke, really. There's barely ANY menthol in it! When I put it on at first, I feel the slightest tingle that only lasts a few seconds. Then I get used to it, and don't feel any menthol again. And this stuff wears off so fast. Ughhhhh!

I find this product to be extremely overrated, and I will NOT be buying it again. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a cold right now, and Smith's Mentholated Salve has been a lifesaver. I put it all over the lower half of my face. It helped moisturize and soothe the dry clapped areas, especially under my nose. Iím sure I will continue to repurchase this as needed. It works great on lips too. This would be great for a guy since it doesn't smell girly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by 3lizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this! I use this during the day, and slather it on at night. I love the tingly feeling it has, and the scent (I love anything rose.) The tin is super adorable! Its a pretty decent buy for the huge amount. The only thing about it is that it can get runny on hot days. I like to put it in the fridge before I go out. I'm gunna stock up on this and the others. This is a must have for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 2:24:00 AM More reviews by niveous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally I purchased this because I'm a big fan of the Strawberry and Minted Rose balms, and guess I just had to add to my little collection of Smith's salves! I tried using this salve as lipbalm once; it worked pretty well but did not work miracles, and IMHO the Strawberry balm is still the most emollient for lips. However, I also purchased this to calm minor irritations. Allergy season is upon us; sometimes I get an itchy bump and this always does the trick to calm the irritation. The mentholated salves is harder to find than the other salves. I had to get mine from ebay, but it is certainly worth it! This is a heaven-send.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by rljp

This is an ABSOLUTE MUST when you are suffering from a cold/flu! Not only does it moisturize, but it's soothing and helps clear up your congested nasal passages! I've replaced my Vicks with this stuff, cute tin as well, very vintagey/medicinal feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by redgum8888

I have a love/hate relationship with this so at the moment I would not repurchase. I don't use this for its menthol/soothing properties, but only as a lip balm. For some reason, sometimes it works like a miracle, transforming chapped lips to moisturised/smooth lips overnight, and other times, it just doesn't work at all and just sits there overnight!...So will update after more use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2004 8:15:00 PM More reviews by PINKBIRD

This gloss is a lot like the rosebud salve,but with a menthol scent.I am addicted to this! It works great around the nose(it helps clear sinuses) and it is good rubbed on the chest. Also, it works awesome as a gloss for lips.It makes them smooth and soft. It is not like rubbing Vick's vapor rub or something on them. This is a mild,pleasant menthol scent. This salve is great rubbed on insect bites. The salve helps heal them and I just read in a magazine that putting a mentholated product on bites helps them not to itch. It said that the menthol cools the skin and the skin can only feel one thing at once so it feels cool instead of itchy. I can't swear if this is true or not, but it works great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore the mentholated salve, almost more than rosebud (and definitely more than strawberry). I've found it's got great healing properties and works wonders on my very sensitive, eczema-prone skin. In particular, I've had great success with eczema flareups when I massage this into the skin, especially right when it's beginning to get red and itchy. It soothes it instantly, leaves it cool, and coats it with a healthy seal of moisture. It has a bit of a medicinal scent but this doesn't bother me at all. This one is a bit more difficult to find than the others (unless you order it online) but it is truly one of those products that I could never do without.