July 24, 2014 | 2125 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Apricot Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd buy this again in a different shade, apricot is really pretty but it's not very flattering on my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Sharellyo

Like I say, 'I don't blush I shimmer'. In the Bahamas we don't have variety in terms of makeup (we don't have Physicans formula, Covergirl, etc.) But luckily in the last two years we opened up a Department Store featuring counters such as Bobbi Brown, MAC, Estee Lauder, Malone, Clinique....so I was elated. I looked at Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Apricot and thought it paired well with my skin tone because I have yellow undertones in my skin (NC45-NC50)

I am one to stay away from blushes (esp. matte formulas) and tend to just highlight the top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and my inner corners of my eyes. So this is perfect. The shimmers are kinda micro that it just looks like a sheen and not with visible shimmer particles. I also have nude. There is not really a truly visible difference when applied to the face but on your hands with a side by side comparison you can tell that one has pinkish/bronze tones and one has a light orange undertone especially when all the stripes are combined. Another plus with this is having the stripes, as it can be used as an eyeshadow! However, you won't get true color payoff as it isn't highly pigmented color wise unless to spray the brush first (maybe its just apricot & nude?)

All in all wonderful highlighting shimmer/sheen especially for use at night. I would repurchase. If you are looking for an alternative Milani Stripes are good options!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by anguyent

I bought this because I thought I needed a highlighter for when I go out at night. The shimmer is very fine and gives me a nice glow for my NC30 skin tone. I'm not sure if I'd wear this as a highliter during the day because it would be too shimmery. However, I'd probably dust a bit of it on my cheeks for a little extra oomph. I also tried it as an eyeshadow and it looks very summery and golden with a coral undertone. This might be something good to put in a day makeup bag to double as an eyeshadow and light blush. So far I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by tinypglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous palette, but a little too ashy on my NC45 skintone. I have to pair it with a blush like MAC's Sunbasque for it to assume its optimum color. I like to use the individual colors as eye shadow, too. Probably would not buy it again, since I can't use it by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Apricot SB started my collection of SB (Pink, Pink Quartz, Bronze, and Gold). I started to collect them because of the hype, and now swapping away all other SB except Apricot. For I have super oily skin, usually I hate shimmery products on my face, but for night out this is great blusher/highlighter. Apricot give nice, healthy, glowy peachish color that can never go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed one of my favorite shimmerbricks! Apricot is one of the more pigmented shimmerbricks so it works great as a blush on my fair skin, but it's still light enough that I can apply it lightly as a highlighter on top of blush for a little extra oomph. While a couple of the stripes are too orange for me to wear as eye shadow, most of them work beautifully as light golden-peach washes of color. Apricot is probably best suited to fair to medium skin tones but may work on darker ones as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by r33nva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, make my cheek look fresh than ever. I use it with 187 and use it as highlighter for any blush I use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to use this with a very big fluffy brush. This way each color gets on the brush and it produces a great look. I love using a bit of this on the body at the beach. The color is flattering and the shimmer is subtle without being overly glittery. Think highlighter, not spotlight.
    I have used this as on the face but prefer the effect on the body. The beige shade is flattering for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by nezhnost

I like it for evening make-up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by mickey5252

After reading all these raves about sb, i had to get one. I guess i should have read all the reviews before buying it, because this product is not suitable for someone with huge pores on the cheeks....

After sweeping it over my cheecks my pores looks gigantic, the shimmers appears to magnify every single pore....

I believe that i only had problem w/ sb, because recently i bought a similar product from Kanebo (cofret), and it didn't emphasis my pores, it adds a subtle glow on my cheecks.