November 23, 2014 | 1942 users online

Clothes - Victoria's Secret - General Opinion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not a fan. Weird-fitting and impractical, not to mention vastly overpriced for the cheap clothing it truly is. Too flashy. The PiNK line is appropriate in my opinion for college gals or as sleepwear only. Even at that, the Pink line becoming embarrassingly associated with 'basic'. I don't have a high opinion of VS clothing in general but the under-wear and sleepwear is alright.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by EpicBeanie

I think it's great for teens considering we constantly grow but it's more cheap for adults because most of the material could easily break

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are good and bad sides of Victoria's secret, all depending on what you are going to buy.
Lets start with the good: If you are going there to buy perfume or body spray or lotion, this is a good place to go. There scents are always changing and expanding, they let you try them out or sample them on a test strip before you buy, and there is constantly a sale going on. Maybe not for their newer scents which can range from $40-$80 on any given day. But if you are wanting a simple body spray such as "Candy Baby" "Juiced Berry" or "Sweet Tease" from their Beauty Rush line you can get it for around $15-$25 for a set of 3 of your choice. And lets not forget their enormous and ever-growing wall of VS brand body sprays such as the popular "Love Spell" or "Pure Seduction". On a good day you can buy FIVE of those sprays for $25-$30 which is an amazing deal. Another good side to Victoria's secret is the staff. Not so much the women at the register who often seem petty and snooty, but the staff who works in the dressing room to help you find your exact size has always been friendly and extremely helpful. Finally, if you have a special someone, all of their lingerie and intimate clothing are beautiful and sexy and their fun intimate products like the edible lotions and whipped lotions are fun to experiment with. (Although, a can of good ol' Cool whip or some other ice cream topping will suffice for a fraction of the $)

And on to the negatives: Victoria's secret is supposed to be known for their lingerie and sexy intimate clothing. I give them thumbs up in this department. It is true that their bras and panties and all are nice. But that Redneck woman song always comes to mind when I think about buying something from there...you CAN buy the same dang thing on a Walmart shelf for 1/10 the price. I have gone into VS before and found a plain, one tones, non lace, non push up bra for $50, and in Walmart you can buy a two tone leopard print with lace or rhinestones and all the trimmings you could want with or without push-up for only $10. And no one will know the difference. As far as their panties, go to Charlotte Russe across the hall in the mall and you can get AS CUTE cheekies, thongs, lace, boy short, bikini undies for around 2 a pair. $12 for 5! The same goes with the VS workout clothing line. All of their $40-50 yoga pants and $40 workout tops....Go to Target, Ross, eBay, Fred Meyer.....WHATEVER.

When you buy Victoria's secret, you pay for the NAME, not the true cost/value of the item.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have worn and loved Victoria Secrets for many years. I am a 34B and am generally not a difficult fit when it comes to bras. I find they are good quality, come in a lot of cute styles and the "very sexy push up" makes me feel a little better about myself without looking ridiculous. My bras have lasted through many hand washes/air dry and I have had some of them for close to 3 years (and they are still intact and shaped well). As many others have already stated the prices are ridiculous. Even with a $10 off coupon you will pay $50 for one bra. I tend to stock up on bras at the VS semi-annual sale when they are clearance prices. The underwear is great, good quality, even the fancy ones. The problem is that VS is very popular, therefore they can charge us anything they want...

I have a love/hate relationship with their makeup. I love the blush and powder highlighter. Some of the eyeshadows are very pretty and good quality, decently priced. The lipsticks are nothing special, they are comparable to Revlon and triple the price. The brushes are ok. All of the lipgloss is a sticky, tacky mess. One word to describe this line is GLITTER....if you are a matte lover then stay away...

I love their perfume, but become very frustrated when I find the perfect scent for me and wear it months on end only for them to discontinue it. I was sad to see "Divine" and "So in love" go. I'm curently loving "Sexy Little Things Noir" and pray they never let that one go! I will say the bottles of the perfumes with the squeeze bulbs are cheaply made, the bulb always breaks.

I have had some of their clothing and liked it (sweats, yoga pants, tees, sweaters, swim suits). The swim suits are top notch and worth the price when they go in clearance. The other clothes are nice as well but I would not pay the outrageous full prices.

One thing that is irritating to me are all of the young teens that go to VS. To me, VS is a store that oozes sensuality and sexuality....I think its a little mature for young girls IMHO. I just don't think teens should be in such a mature store. Whatever, that is my opinion. You can totally tell the "PINK" line is marketed towards teens. And the sweatpants that say "sexy" on the butt or the underwear that says "yummy" are not appropriate for 14 year olds. Let me also add they are really not appropriate for anyone....they are tacky.

Anyways, most of the associates are pretty friendly. There is always a snot somewhere, but I have had generally good experiences with friendly staff that are anxious to help me find my size. In short, you can get name brand lingerie from other stores like Burlington, TJ Maxx and Marshalls for a lot less that is just as cute. When you buy from VS you pay for the name

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In contrast to many reviewers, I buy most of my VS stuff online. I guess I tend to have a good eye at what is "cheap" looking because I rarely run into this problem, but, then again, a lot of what I've bought over the years are the nicer items like jeans, swimsuits, dresses, and sweaters. I've gotten numerous compliments on these clothes over the years. I'll agree that it can be hard to figure out your size based on the sizing chart, but at this point I know my size based on my experience from ordering from them. I don't order bras online because each style fits differently and may require a different size, so unless I'm ordering a duplicate of a style I already have, I can't do it. My bras have always held up well with proper care for 2+ years. As others have mentioned, I love the VS cotton underwear and the 5/$26 deal; the underwear is super comfortable and lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by purplescarf6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Victoria's Secret is very, VERY middle of the road for me. That sounds like a paradox, but it's not. I love some aspects about VS, and detest others. It's a win-lose for me.

I really like their underwear line, especially the cotton. If I wait for the sales I can get really cute, COMFORTABLE!!, sexy underwear for a decent price. I prefer the cotton over anything else because it's much better year round, in hot weather especially, and doesn't irritate my easily irritated bodily skin.

It basically comes down to the collection when it comes to bras. I'm a 32DD, sometimes 32D if I'm down a few pounds. This is a very odd size to make because the band size is very small in comparison to the cup size. I'm not plus size, either, I just have naturally very large breasts. I'm only a size 6 dress size; it's just how I'm built. A few years ago I don't think VS even made 32" band size. Before I believe they'd just have me settle for a 34D when they measured me in-store (34D is my sister size.) While I really respect them for making that investment to carry an unpopular size, they often don't even have it in stock in the store in the style that I like. I hate ordering online because shipping is over 10 bucks, and I have a store 15 minutes away from my house. It's so irritating. Most of their bras are so PADDED too! I'm big, I don't need padding. But VS seems to be one of the few $50 and under retailers that carry my size at all. I can't get cheap bras, period. I also like fuller-coverage styles, which is definitely not VS's forte. I do like the Showstopper and the new Body collection, but getting a color other than black or nude in-store is almost impossible.

The salespeople tend to be pushy and rushed. I understand why, I just would like a more personalized experience. I guess that's what Nordstrom is for though.

The overall quality is pretty good, not great though. The underwear last a long time, even the lacy versions. I can wash the bras in the actual washing machine, and as long as I hang-dry them they last a while, at least 2 years. I have gotten some non-cotton underwear from "free panty" coupons and the quality was horrid. I think a particular pair was from the Body collection. I literally threw it away, it was so bad.

I can't stand the general sexed-up atmosphere of VS. I don't like looking at pictures of beautiful, nearly naked women while trying to get a decent pair of underwear and a bra. It's just irritating. I understand why they do it, but still.

Overall, I'll still shop there until I find nicer bras and panties. I think I should invest in Nordstrom bras from now on, because the lack of selection in my size at VS is annoying, but their cotton underwear is still really good. I never buy lingerie, I never have a need for it haha, so I can't say anything about that. It looks good on the models of course, but the quality could be horrid. The clothes are very expensive and have to be bought online, so I'm never interested in those.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will join the majority of people who find that VS is a bit pricey. However, you can usually save a bit of money with the coupons they send out in the mail. That's about the only time I shop at VS stores. Regarding the coupons, I find it irritating that they cannot be used online. I would be much more likely to make a purchase using the coupon if I wasn't limited to the physical store's merchandise. I mean how many bras, panties or body sprays does a girl need?! Because the acutal stores don't contain much more than that..(ok, yeah the Pink label clothing is an exception). I really like the VS clothing, I own numerous tops and pants and swimsuits. But because I can't ever try these things on before buying, it's hit or miss with the fit. VS seems to run a bit small in my opinion. The clothing is well made, and can withstand a lot of wear. The underwear is also great, it wears well and lasts for a long time without losing much shape or elasticity. The bras last me longer than any other bra brand I've ever bought, and I never put my bras in the dryer. I have some VS bras that are five or six years old...and still fit and have the underwire...however the color has faded a bit by now, but that's to be expected. I think that speaks to the quality. Yes, VS is pricey, but once you've own a VS bra that you just love the fit and comfort of, you won't want any other brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the things they have but for the quality they're way too expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ygsoul

I really love that they have their 5/$26 deals on cotton panties only because I genuinely love the styles and lace--and I can never get around to buying from any other place for my panties (tried Target, Kohl's...no bueno for me!). Almost 80% of my panties are VS/Pink line. I think the VS cotton panties are more higher quality than their Pink cotton, because I've noticed that my Pink panties unravel, fade, or just don't look good more quickly than my VS panties, so I tend to buy from the VS line. I have a couple of their Pink bras and I feel they are a little flimsy compared to VS bras, and so I am more geared onto buying VS bras haha. I recently got hired at a VS store too, so I got to try all sorts of lingerie. I love their 3/$33 deal as well, even though it's a little pricier than their 5/$26, I'm obsessed with the feel and the lace. I recently got their Dream Angels & Very Sexy bra and am glad to say that I am very satisfied with both. I will probably get the Bombshell soon as it does wonders & makes me feel more proportionate. Other than that, VS can be somewhat of a hit-or-miss because of their panties, but I feel that a lot of their products are of good quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have a C cup now (bought and paid for lol) and I decided that since I finally had boobs, I needed a sweet bra to "enhance" my investment ;-) I think I paid around $50 for one bra! Gawd!!! Anyway, I oh so carefully hand washed it and babied it like I do my car. Well, my amazing husband did my laundry after my back surgery (oh the irony haha) and it turned into a stringy, bent mess! WTF?!?! Never ever ever will I pay that much for a bra that as soon as it hits the front loader, it becomes something unrecognizable! grrrr It's back to BX and Walmart bras for these ta ta's.