September 16, 2014 | 1528 users online

Lip Treatments - Boots - Mediterranean - nectarine olive grape moisturising lip butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product. The scent is wonderful and the texture is smooth, creamy.
After purchasing, I noticed that petrolatum is one of the main ingredients listed for this lip butter. Sorry, I will now be using this for my hands and nails only. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This product is really average. It's a potted lip balm with a thin, oily (think: vaseline) consistency. It's not very moisturizing and it wears off really quickly.

On the upside, it smells and tastes delicious. It's also cheap, so it won't put a dent in your wallet. I'll use up the rest of it, but I won't repurchase. I prefer lip balms that are more emollient and moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by thechinesericeball

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use rose salve on my lips at night, but when I ran out I was excited to try something new. The ingredients in this looked good to me, so I was excited to give it a shot. I don't really mind it being in a pot. What I mind is the texture. It's too hard, dry and thick so it takes too long to warm up and spread on my lips. Could just be me being picky = /

I don't think it's that moisturizing either, I keep noticing myself rubbing it into my lips trying to feel something. But the worst thing is the terrible terrible terrible taste! And it never goes away! Even if it worked good I don't even want to use this again just for taste and scent.

I'm going back to my HG C.O Bigelow rose salve it works waaaay better than this, plus you can get two tins of it at Bath and Body Works or Urban Outfitters for the price of one pot of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my second pot of this product, and it is definitely one of my HG lip treatments! (Right after CO Bigelow's lemon lip cream). Many lip balms/butters don't work on my lips and they're constantly peeling or cracked. However I use this every night before bed and my lips are in perfect condition the next morning. I also use this anytime my lips feel dry, and they're instantly moisturized and soft. Because it's in a pot, I don't usually carry it around with me. When I use it, it's not sticky at all and I don't even feel like I have anything on, yet it's extremely moisturizing. I also never get sick of the smell. The scent is very close to the name and it always feels fresh to me. I would buy this again and again! It's a huge pot, and I managed to finish it in about a year.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this lip butter as a GWP (gift w/purchase) with the purchase of the melon/mint body scrub. It's a large container and I read all of the reviews and thought for sure I would like this...

The consistency is good, it's very moisturizing. I cannot get past the smell and the perfume taste. The packaging is too deep, and I tried this three times (applied with a q-tip) and each time I got the same sickening result. This doesn't work for me - I am glad it was free!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ToffeeKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was thinking, "ew grape?!" But when I smelled it it has a very sweet and pleasant scent to it rather than just grape. The texture of the product is smooth, hydrating and lasts. Not at all sticky like most lip butters and it soothes out my cracked, flaky lips in an application. The only defect on this product is the container (jar). Plenty of product, just a deep pot that I know can't be that sanitary due to daily use. I wish they made it in a flat tin or a tube. But overall, I like it and I love the smell! I would definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mommy2ingrid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice lip balm, nice smell, nice texture, very effective (even in super dry Arizona).

The only negative (took off a lippie for this) is the pot design. I like sticks, not pots. Just doesn't seem as sanitary (even though your'e putting your mouth on a stick - ha!!!)

I *might* buy it again, would definitely buy a stick version...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is absolutely divine!!! My lips feel so good right now that I would kiss myself if I could, haha. Anyway, I found this product at Target for around $6+, and the name is in a reversed order "Grape Olive & Nectarine." It has a very smooth texture. It soaks right in, but it also leaves a nice layer moisturization to protect the surface of the lips. Last week, my lips were dry, chapped, and cracking. This week, I found this product, been using it for about 3 days now, and my lips have been transformed! They feel so soft and nourished eventhough it's in the 30s and windy outside. You get a lot of product in the pot, and it lasts a long time on the lips...so I doubt I'll need to replace it anytime soon. However, I am so in love w/ it, that I am tempted to buy another couple of pots as backups, haha! UPDATE 2-3-07: I've been wearing this stuff for a full week now, and it is definitely HG status!! It has completely erased my dry, chapped, cracking lips and replaced them w/ soft, velvety smooth ones. :)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love it! Lasting power is ok for me. A little is needed every time. Smells awesome! And so cheap. It beats my favorite lip balm (because of the price) which is from Befine and cost me $22.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

Love the scent! Like nectarines with a splash of cream. Comparing to my current favorite lip balm, Sephora Pro...this is thinner, goes on a little greasier, and doesn't last as long. This is more emollient and leaves a bit of natural shine. For the scent its totally worth it.