July 22, 2014 | 2262 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Color Stay Overtime Lipcolor Stay Currant

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really torn on this product. A part of me likes it, and a part of me loathes it.

Pros:
Stays on. (REALLY stays on..)
Nice color

Cons:
Literally WILL NOT come off without very strong makeup remover. No joke.
Very drying
Flakes off
Gloss is too sticky
Feels extremely heavy and builds up really thick on lips

Alright, so the first time I wore this, I wore it over another lipstick I had been wearing that day. I applied the color fairly lightly then applied the gloss over it after it had dried, as the instructions recommended. I liked it the first few moments, but then after the gloss had worn off, my lips became uncomfortably dry and flaky. I kept reapplying the gloss all day. Fast forward to the evening time when I decided to take it off, I went through Hell. Yes, Hell. No, the color never faded one bit, it still looked just as red as it did when I applied it, but oh, how I wish it did fade. I had been using makeup wipes that claimed to remove even the toughest waterproof mascara, but it did not move that lip stain one bit. Not at ALL. I scrubbed and I scrubbed, then scrubbed some more, and it wouldn't come off. I was actually getting worried. I kept on scrubbing, and after a good ten minutes it finally came off, but it felt like a few layers of skin on my lips did too! My lips were sore for a day and the whole area surrounding my lips was bright red from irritation for two. Although I was advised by my whole family not to use it again, I was bound to give it another shot. I wore it by itself on another day, and not much changed. I found out the secret to getting the stuff off, though. If you really want it to come off without ripping your lips off, you have to reapply the color and immediately wipe it off with makeup remover, and it will come off. You know the nail polish trick, where you put fresh nail polish on top of old polish, wipe, and it all comes off? Same thing with this stain. Over all, for the price I paid for this stuff, I definitely don't recommend it. I love the color of it, I like that it will stay on throughout meals, but when they say "lip stain" they mean it! I just can't bring myself to wear it anymore, I hate having to make my lips almost bleed just to get it off. If you're considering buying it, Godspeed!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I had the hardest time tracking down this color! I first saw it on Sydney over at The Daybook and I had a feeling it would work on my skin tone because it looked so great on her! I am NC 30ish...although I am currently turning more pale...thanks a lot November.

I realize there have been some less than pleased reviewers with the consistency of the product. What is really really important about wearing any type of long wearing color is that your lips should be very hydrated before you even use the product. My lips do not crack when I wear this color because I am crazy obsessive about moisturizing my lips (especially now that winter is upon us!). I religiously apply Josie Maran argan oil and coconut oil to my lips daily. This helps considerably!

As for application, I don't love the wand, but it works ok to get some of the product on your lips. I prefer to use my own lip brush so that I get a really even application. I also use a natural color liner before so that I decrease the potential for any color migrating elsewhere. That said, it is a very sticky product, so if you are a person who likes to rub your lips together, you will probably hate the feeling of this product. If you like smooth application, I'd stick to those shea lip butters or something similar that gives that kind of feeling. After about an hour of wear, I notice that the product feels less sticky- but that tackiness does persist.

Everything said, I put this on, and then immediately drank a cup of coffee- amazingly, no lipstick came off on the rim of my white porcelain mug. That is a big deal to me because ALL my favorite dark lip colors transfer.

I do not normally use the clear top gloss- I prefer the matte look. SO that being said, the clear gloss might affect how this applies/feels on your lip.

I would buy this again- its affordable and a great fall/winter color.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by wvhomes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wish I could give this zer0 lippies because it's awful. The colors are nice, but this stain dries out the my lips and the overcoat is tacky and uncomfortable.

There are many good Revlon products, but this isn't one of them. FYI, I haven't liked any of the Color Stay products as everything seems too dry, so I'm swearing off forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lip color isn't going anywhere off your lips. I'm telling you when I first used this, I couldn't get it off (no joke). As the day went on what I didn't realize was that my lips looked cracked and cheap -- another embarrassment. Needless to say I will not re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by VanessaVQ

My favorite brand and color of long-lasting lipsticks. I'm NC20 and I get lots of compliments when I wear this rich, slightly pinkish shade of red. You do definitely need to wear it with the clear gloss that is on the other end of the wand because it is quite dry on its own. But as long as I have a good coat of the gloss on, this is gorgeous and feels great on. I use an oil-based makeup remover to take it off. It does take some work, but if it was easier, then I'm sure it wouldn't last all day. I will definitely get some more colors (when Revlon is on sale).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really does stay put all day when you use it correctly. The color's really soft with the first coat, and it's hard to build up because it gets clumpy and doesn't stay. The packaging even says not to apply more than one coat. I want my lips to look red, so I apply more than one. If you do this, do it very carefully and apply as evenly as possible. The end result is a deep blood red. But if you don't like that, a light coat will look like a pretty sheer red wine.

The lighter the coat of color, the less drying it feels.

The moisturizing gloss that goes over has to be applied. It feels heavy, but when the moisture sets in, you can wipe it off.

The only downside is I find it hard to reapply. It does stay for the most part, but after several hours I sometimes need a touch up (or since I wear it heavier, a few spots will wear off a little) and reapplying only makes the problem worse. Applying more to a heavily applied coats will just making it clump and wipe off even more. It would go on smoother just taking it all off and re applying, but it's not the easiest thing to remove.

So, in a nut shell. Lasts forever, can't wear heavily without being careful, and hard to reapply (if you need to). Also, it feels heavy. I like the feeling of plain lip stick better, but this staying power can't be beat. I'll use it more often when I get it in a more true shade of red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like overtime lippies; they are double-sided liquid lipsticks that dry and you apply a moderately shiny, moist gloss to. they are not moisturizing by any means, but they STAY PUT!

stay currant is a matte, dark berry-red. cool PPP skintone, brown hair and eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Anyone who knows me would be surprised to see that I picked this color because I shy away from purple-y colors. But the local pharmacy was doing a BOGO sale, so I had to choose something for my second item. Problem #1 is that it's hard to build color with this: too light a layer and it streaks, too heavy looks too intense. Problem #2 is the fact that it flakes around the inner mouth. I also find that the gloss does not last long enough. So...I guess that's three problems. Stay Currant is a gorgeous color--a rich, deep wine/brown. It looks very refined and really classy. As beautiful as it is, I'm going to wear it nonstop for autumn and winter only because I think it's too dark for spring and summer.