July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Treatments - E.L.F. - Nail Polish Remover Pads

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by kalea88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought I LOVED these, and even bought a second package of them after only using them once. So small and convenient, and easily took my polish off, even with four coats on (one base, two coats of color, and one top coat). HOWEVER, today I used these to remove my green Essie "naughty nautical" nail polish. On the three fingers that I used these elf pads on, my nails underneath became stained BRIGHT/NEON yellow (I'm sorry this is gross). I've never had this happen to me before, so I decided to use regular nail polish remover on the rest of my nails, and NO stains developed on any of the other nails. After doing some research, I discovered that this is likely the interaction between these nail removal pads and the nail polish. I am now stuck with three bright yellow nails that I can't get to whiten, so unfortunately am going to paint over all of them in a new color until I can find a solution :( Would love to try these pads again, but this just isn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by SarahhBolt

I brought quite a few products from E.L.F nearly all of which I adore, and I was SO pleased when I found out the quality of this item. I struggle with the smell of most Nail Polish/Remover and I was amazed to find these were citrus scented and smelled gorgeous. They remove all polish on the nails so well and very quickly. The packaging is so slim and can easily slip into my bag. I LOVE this! Thank you SO much! xx

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by atirasmom1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Junk. That's all there is to it. My nail hurts from scrubbing it so hard. I only use a b/c, 2 c/c, and a t/c, so it's not like there was a ton of polish to remover - and there wasn't any glitter or similar. Although they do leave your nails a little more moisturized than most n/p removers, they're worthless other than that. These should be what a child uses with her play n/p. Should also be sold in the toy section :P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are the BEST!

1) Smells lemony
2) takes nailpolish off effortlessly
3) Small size
4) great packaging (you can easily pack it for travel)
5) Non messy***
6) Doesn't dry out the nail, kinda leaves a little moisturized
7) they cost like a dollar (dirt cheap)

***= most important

I will buy them again and again...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by RandaPrince

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised so many people are saying these pads are effective. I found them really weak. I was using them to remove toe polish, which was probably four coats, with base coat, two coats of color and top coat. I had to scrub a lot to get anything off at all.

I guess you get what you pay for. I won't bother with these again, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by breakawaysue

I like these. One pad takes off all the polish on both hands and could have done more if I'd of had them. They smell orangey. They did leave a little greasy feel that was super easy to wash off. If I'd had to use them on the go and wasn't near a sink I bet it would wipe off with a napkin just fine. I travel a lot and would certainly buy these again, for a buck you can't beat em!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Demi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these pads. Usually you only need one pad to remove polish from both hands. They are very convinient and inexpensive. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

They were average, I would have probably had the same results from a cotton pad and acetone remover. But for a 1$ us they'll do just fine, I'll be re-purchasing if only for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great for a dollar and the scent is nice too. My only complaint is that the container doesn't close tightly so I have to keep it inside a plastic baggie.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought these on a whim, because they were $1. I ended up really liking them. One pad did all of my nails, and took off metallic and glitter polishes without any problems. I also like the scent - like an orange creamcicle! Only complaint is that they leave your fingers a little greasy afterwards, but nothing that a quick wipe with a napkin couldn't solve.