December 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by hinakong

the best eyeliner! finally smudge-free clean eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful copper brown that glides very easily. I LOVE the shade since I have copper red hair. This shade also looks really nice layered with a darker glittery brown shadow on top to make a smokey brown eye.

I took 1 lippie off because:
-When I sharpen this, I tend to lose a lot of product (it's so soft it breaks off easily)
-It sometimes smudges too easily or doesn't have the same lasting power as other shades of Cream Shapers I have purchased

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kirstenangeles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it!!! My favorite! I'm more of a brown liner than black liner girl. It looks amazing with my brown hair and medium toned skin. It doesn't minimize eye size unlike black liner and delivers a defined but not super intense eye. I have the quickliner in brown too but I like this better. It's creamier and it has slight shimmer which is very beautiful. I have absolutely no problems with this liner. It also stays on forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lisabk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite liner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by smyrne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many pencil eyeliners before. I have greasy eyelids and my eyes are quite sensitive to sunlight; everything else I tried did not last me more than 15 minutes! This eyeliner came in a pack along with a Clinique mascara and anti-puff for undereyes and the pack was only 15 Euros during Christmas discount. This is literally the only eyeliner that do not run and stays put. Expensive but considering the lenght it stays put; I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This one of my favorite eyeliners. I've tried Clinique's Quick Liner for eyes and it just doesn't have the staying power and "melts" to give me raccoon eyes. Cream Shaper is really the only eyeliner I've used that stays put. It will run just a bit if you're very active (like playing sports) or squinting a lot (at least on me). It will wipe off, but not totally. It does take a good scrub with make up remover to totally remove. I also really like that its a bit shimmery and easy to smudge so I can either make a defined line or a bit of a smokey eye. It goes on very smooth as well. The only complaint I have is that if you wear eyeliner everyday or several times a week that it goes kinda fast. Plus, some of it gets wasted each time your sharpen it. Overall, I am very pleases with this eyeliner and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Krisssy10

Great eyeliner. Literally lasts all day, no smudging or leaking. I like to wear my eyeliner quite heavy and this does the job. The colour is not quite as shimmery as i expected, more of a matte brown in my opinion. Looks far more natural than using black eyeliner.

Only criticism - it takes several coats and layers before the colour shows up on the waterline. I often have to coat it on over and over but once i do this, it stays on all day. It's almost too good that I struggle to get it all off with makeup remover. I managed to get two pencils for $20 on Ebay, making it great value for money. Overall, best eyeliner i have used thus far.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner! The color is great and doesn't smudge even on my very oily lids. I wear this liner all day, without a primer, and I never have to reapply. It soft for a pencil liner and doesn't tug at my skin and is easy to remove at the end of the day. The one downside is that it does not always sharpen very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a big fan of Clinique products. Brown lustre is a rich chocolate brown with gold and bronze shimmer in it. It looks a bit too reddish against my very fair skin though. Staying power is pretty good, lasts most of the day. It is not as smooth and creamy as I would like. I really like gel eyeliners better because they glide over the eye area, reducing tugging on the delicate eye lid area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow the reviews saying that this is so creamy and easy to glide on......are very confusing to me.

The .03oz gwp(.04oz for full size) that I received is kinda hard and not at all creamy like.
For formula comparison......imo, its no where near creamy like all of my UD 24/7's, Prestige, Milani, and HIP cream/gel liner in pencil form.

I would say that the formula is actually even a bit harder than Rimmel's Auto Waterproof liner in Blackest Black and Colorstays Blackberry Auto pencils.(and Rimmel doesn't not even state that its a cream like formula)
So how in the world can they call this a "Cream Shaper!?"

Hmmm.....I guess, as others have stated below, they must have changed the formula.

I have to pull out my lid when applying on my upper or lower and then go over it a few times to get the color to be even and dark.
As you all know that is a no no! Tugging, pulling and rubbing will certainly cause early wrinkles.I am in my 30's and my lids aren't so taught anymore.....so this formula is not great for me.

Now I can say this......
I LOVE the color! It freaking rocks!

It is a beautiful bronzey reddish medium brown with tiny tiny gold shimmers.
The staying power,once you finally get it on, is really great as well.

So, if you love medium bronzey browns with staying power(who doesn't right lol) try it and hopefully you will get a softer one just like it is suppose to be!
Plus, maybe mine was an oddball. But, others have said it too below. I have even sharpened it all the way to the middle and it still isn't as described.

I know that my UD .03 size liners with the clear lids seem to dry out faster and separate from the wood more than my full size ones with the metal lids.......so maybe that's the problem. ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No