October 31, 2014 | 1620 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This provides a heavier coverage then I am used too say with the Dior pen or YSL one.
So if that is what your looking for this might be for you, but it was drying on my eye area and made me look older...Noooooooooo!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trying tons of different products in a desperate attempt to cover recent changes to my eye area and deepening eye-hollows and darkness. There are things I love and hate about this product. I found this from Kenneth Soh's makeup blog, he's a well known MUA, and this is one of his favorite products. He's using this for professional work, so that means it's photogenic, which I like. It also is a beautiful formula and can be layered to increase opacity-most eye brightening pens can't do that. I think this is one of the best under-eye pens on the market, because of how natural it looks along with the thickness and ok coverage, however, it was still not enough coverage for me. I would recommend this for people who don't really have issues with the under-eye circles but just want to add some lift and a finished look to their eye-makeup. The formula is truly beautiful though, so you can use this pretty expertly for different areas. OR for those who have only darkness but not deep-set/hollow under eye area. I, however, didn't really find it helping me with my eye area, even layering it under my other concealers didn't really help because this one was a bit thick and made my concealers look cakey. Maybe a few years ago I would've liked using this when I had decently bad circles but not very hollow at the time-- so I think my eye area is just too problematic now. This is really about a 4 star product, but I gave it 3 since it lasted me about 2 months and I BARELY touched the thing! I've never ran out of a product so quickly, crazy. Keep this in mind if you are on the fence and usually need a LOT of coverage. Don't think I'd repurchase.

***Shade 2 Mister Milk was a good match for me (NC 20-25)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by foggysmog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I'm basing this off of a sample packet I got from Sephora, so I can't really speak to the packaging or the applicator. It applied beautifully with a brush and looked nice when I left the house, but after about two hours, the coverage had more or less faded… and left behind what looked like glitter.

There was some settling into my fine lines, but this wasn't nearly as bad as what I experience with some other concealers. I'd say the sparkle was probably my biggest issue, especially given the fact that the remaining coverage was sparse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this concealer! For me in my 30's this is one of the best products I own for my eyes because it works so well. I don't get dark circles per se but I don't get sleep and it totally shows. With this pen it's like sleep in a tube! I apply it under my eyes around my nose, smile lines, and cupids bow. It illuminates and conceals and in my opinion I do not get the glitter comments at all. I put this on in direct sunlight and I see no glitter. I think it's a nit picky thing because a little shimmer in my mind does not equal glitter. Anyway, I think this is a stellar product and I also love using it on my nose and above my eye brows. It's a very universal pen. Plus, it has so many colours to provide what you are looking for.

I have this in Mister Merengue and I am an NW20,N1,Mufe 36 , blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. This shade is perfect for me I also have samples in Mister Macaroon to try so who knows I might get another;) Otherwise I really think ladies should try this because it gives you that yes, I did get sleep look. I used it under my sisters dark circles and she was a skeptic she's like yea right what can this do. Then she looked in the mirror and was like omg I have to have this.

I have also tried the YSL pen and price wise this one is great for me and I like the illumination better with Mister Light Verse YSL's illuminating pen for me the Givenchy does a nicer job or gives me what I am looking for in these types of products.
The formula blends beautifully is very light and a little goes a long way. I really love this little gem! it is HG to me. Totally Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Cnk1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing!!!! Best concealer I've ever tried down side is it's expensive and there isn't much concealer in the package so I went threw mine in about 2 months

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

This would be such a spectacular HG concealer for my mild dark circles if not for the straight up sparkles. It is not subtle iridescence, it is not mica, it is glitter particles you can tweeze from your skin. The texture is moussey and absorbant, the dry down is satin, not crepey, the pigmentation fully covers my mild to medium circles, so I am very bummed I had to return due to the glitter. I am shade 5, Biscuit, in this concealer, and am a MAC C4/NC30, light neutral tan Asian gal. It was truly perfect in every way, especially in the store, lol, but once I got outdoors and then at my desk, I saw the sparkles! Couldn't deal and returned.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, starting to get dark circles.

Deal breaker for me is the subtle shimmer particles.. honestly in the past few weeks I never noticed until comparing swatches today on my hand with my other concealers/brighteners.. so I won't say they are obvious at all, but I've been wearing it off/on, and I didn't notice anything magical.. so if I had to pick a disqualifer, I'd say sparkles (imperceptible as it may be) takes this product out of the running.

Comparisons to other click pens:
1. Clinique Airbrush Concealer 04 Neutral fair - yellow
2. Burberry #2 - pinker
3. Givenchy Mister Macaroon - peachier, subtle shimmer particles

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This concealer barely covers my minimal under eye circles, its not long lasting, the packaging sucks, it has glitter specks in it, and therefore its not worth it's high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Takes years off of my face.

Friends and family have commented that I look less tired and more "bright eyed" when I wear this.

Looks extremely radiant, with no sparkle and melts into skin.

Not detectable even if the color isn't a perfect match.

Even for the price, this is the best concealer I have ever used and it can be layered over other concealers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful...I bought it in shade no.2, Mister Milk, it's absolutely perfect for my dark circles, tear trough area and inner corners of the eyes. It covers perfectly without looking heavy, and it leaves a subtle glow, very natural looking and makes me look very bright-eyed and radiant. I rarely get zits so I only needed to mask the darkness under my eyes. I also like it to highlight my brow bone and the corners of the mouth. It lasts all day too, I gently set it with some loose or pressed powder. No creases, no caking, long wearing, and it only fades slightly at the end of the day. I can't say anything bad about it, it's damn near-perfect. I just wish it wasn't as pricey. I never knew finding the perfect concealer could make such a huge difference in my overall look. I'm very happy with it. I would repurchase if I can't find something cheaper. However, I will be trying out Maybelline's Lumi Touch concealer soon, it's gotten alot of great reviews on here, so here's hoping it would be as flawless as Mister Light...because it's so much cheaper!