Givenchy Mister Light

4.1

on 8/1/2015 12:17:00 AM

IMO the main problem with this product is that it's a tad too thick to be a natural looking highlighter, but not thick enough to work as a great concealer.

Kind of a bummer - for my NC20-25 'milk' is a perfectly natural/ subtle color match without much shimmer. ( I had been previously using Ysl tocuhe eclat shade 2, and thought it a little bit too sparkly/pinkish for my taste.)

------SUMMARY ------------------

Pros:

Doesn't crease, creamy, good color match; even though it's almost 2x as expensive per ounce than Touche Eclat, you'll be using far, far less product. So the cost kind of evens out actually.

Cons:

1) As a highlighter too thick - you'll need a very quick hand or you'll end up looking like you've had quit a bit of makeup on. For newbies like me, ysl touche eclat is easier to work with.

2) As a concealer not thick enough. Light to medium coverage - any kind of foundation will do the same.

3) It won't work as a highlighter/concealer combo since you'll be requiring different shades for each purpose, which means more $$$$. Might as well stick with a cheaper full coverage concealer, plus touche eclat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

EH------- i thought i would love this because its such a high end brand. it doesnt do shit really. the coverage of which this is suppose to be used for, to cover up things, doesnt cover well AT ALL. i'll stick with my MAC NW40 concealer

on 1/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It worked fine but it's way overpriced and I can get something just as good for cheaper elsewhere. But if you have money growing on trees, by all means, knock your little self out.

on 1/14/2015 11:16:00 PM

This is my HG concealer. I have repurchased 4 times. The best I've ever tried. Beautiful light coverage and brings the well-rested look back to my face. The only downside is the packaging. I wish they would improve upon it.

on 12/4/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just discovered this illuminator/concealer, I have always like the concept of YSL's Touche Eclat and bought when it first cam out well over 20 years ago, but it has no longevity and disappears rather quickly on me. Well I was at Sephora on Sunday and tried the the Meringue shade and voila I found my magic, it did a lovely job as a concealer but it really enhanced and opened my face as a highlighter at at my age it did such a lovely job of brightening and enhancing my cheekbones.

on 8/21/2014 6:41:00 AM

This provides a heavier coverage then I am used too say with the Dior pen or YSL one.
So if that is what your looking for this might be for you, but it was drying on my eye area and made me look older...Noooooooooo!!!

on 2/19/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying tons of different products in a desperate attempt to cover recent changes to my eye area and deepening eye-hollows and darkness. There are things I love and hate about this product. I found this from Kenneth Soh's makeup blog, he's a well known MUA, and this is one of his favorite products. He's using this for professional work, so that means it's photogenic, which I like. It also is a beautiful formula and can be layered to increase opacity-most eye brightening pens can't do that. I think this is one of the best under-eye pens on the market, because of how natural it looks along with the thickness and ok coverage, however, it was still not enough coverage for me. I would recommend this for people who don't really have issues with the under-eye circles but just want to add some lift and a finished look to their eye-makeup. The formula is truly beautiful though, so you can use this pretty expertly for different areas. OR for those who have only darkness but not deep-set/hollow under eye area. I, however, didn't really find it helping me with my eye area, even layering it under my other concealers didn't really help because this one was a bit thick and made my concealers look cakey. Maybe a few years ago I would've liked using this when I had decently bad circles but not very hollow at the time-- so I think my eye area is just too problematic now. This is really about a 4 star product, but I gave it 3 since it lasted me about 2 months and I BARELY touched the thing! I've never ran out of a product so quickly, crazy. Keep this in mind if you are on the fence and usually need a LOT of coverage. Don't think I'd repurchase.

***Shade 2 Mister Milk was a good match for me (NC 20-25)

on 2/1/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm basing this off of a sample packet I got from Sephora, so I can't really speak to the packaging or the applicator. It applied beautifully with a brush and looked nice when I left the house, but after about two hours, the coverage had more or less faded… and left behind what looked like glitter.

There was some settling into my fine lines, but this wasn't nearly as bad as what I experience with some other concealers. I'd say the sparkle was probably my biggest issue, especially given the fact that the remaining coverage was sparse.

on 1/9/2014 2:41:00 PM

I adore this concealer! For me in my 30's this is one of the best products I own for my eyes because it works so well. I don't get dark circles per se but I don't get sleep and it totally shows. With this pen it's like sleep in a tube! I apply it under my eyes around my nose, smile lines, and cupids bow. It illuminates and conceals and in my opinion I do not get the glitter comments at all. I put this on in direct sunlight and I see no glitter. I think it's a nit picky thing because a little shimmer in my mind does not equal glitter. Anyway, I think this is a stellar product and I also love using it on my nose and above my eye brows. It's a very universal pen. Plus, it has so many colours to provide what you are looking for.

I have this in Mister Merengue and I am an NW20,N1,Mufe 36 , blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. This shade is perfect for me I also have samples in Mister Macaroon to try so who knows I might get another;) Otherwise I really think ladies should try this because it gives you that yes, I did get sleep look. I used it under my sisters dark circles and she was a skeptic she's like yea right what can this do. Then she looked in the mirror and was like omg I have to have this.

I have also tried the YSL pen and price wise this one is great for me and I like the illumination better with Mister Light Verse YSL's illuminating pen for me the Givenchy does a nicer job or gives me what I am looking for in these types of products.
The formula blends beautifully is very light and a little goes a long way. I really love this little gem! it is HG to me. Totally Recommended!

on 12/11/2013 1:44:00 AM

Amazing!!!! Best concealer I've ever tried down side is it's expensive and there isn't much concealer in the package so I went threw mine in about 2 months

Top Rated Givenchy Products