December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Sunscreen - MAC - Lightful Protective Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mine was called MAC Lightful Marine Bright Formula Moisturizer Hydratant SPF 30 / PA++ and is in a different packaging from the picture.

I really liked this, it feels light, does have a slight white cast but disappears quickly. The scent however i did not care for, but it's not noticeable when i apply to my skin, even though it smells strong when i sniff off my hand i tested on... guess thats a good thing. It contains Zinc Oxide but the actual percentage is a "secret" according to Mac's consultant - i emailed them and they actually refuse to disclose. This is strange when other brands actually state the percentage of active sunscreen ingredients on their packaging. How are consumers going to decide and choose between brands when the percentage is one of the main considerations??? If i can find a similar product that contains the amount of zinc oxide i require, i'm going for it.

The packaging is good and bad. Its in an opaque white bottle, protects product inside from light which keeps it good longer. The pump i do not understand, every pump gives such a small amount, does that you don't need alot?

However it is not very water resistant. If i brush my teeth after applying this, it would come off with water around my mouth. If i perspire, it'll come off too. But not as bad as yes to carrots', which come off with any kind of moisture.

Overall i'm pretty pleased with this sunscreen but the comfort level is not there as i do not know if the active ingredient is sufficient for my needs. I am pretty fussy with my sunscreen and do research before buying. I go for at least 10% zinc oxide, 15% would be ideal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by breesana

I disagree with some earlier reviews, this is great moisturizer. It glides onto my skin and sinks in quickly. I do not have any stickiness or added shine. I use this as my sunscreen, I love the fact it is so high is spf. Lightful is great, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Hlola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this...I was given a sample and combined with my Prep & Prime...it is magic. LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's light, non-greasy and easy to apply. It sinks in quickly but it leaves my face very shiny. After half hour I still look wet. It's kind of sticky to the touch too. If you don't mind its shininess or stickiness and just want a moisturizer that's not very moisturizing with high SPF, you're gonna love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsMichaelScofield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, people are getting their panties into a bunch over the naming of this line. No, MAC is not trying to impressionable young women to bleach themselves into Michael Jackson oblivion. The purpose of these skincare products is to fade blotchiness and up the radiance factor. Does it live up to its claims? To be honest, I'm not very impressed so far. I'm NC 20 with oily skin and occasional acne, so I was hoping this would help "lighten up" the darker areas that are left after the blemishes have faded. After using this for a month, I've seen no improvement. Also, the consistency of the lotion is a little bit to light for me, and I find I have to pump a lot out in order the adequately hydrate my skin. I would definitely not repurchase, nor would I sink money into a MAC skincare product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by priya2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! the last thing I expected from MAC was some lightening your skin crap, so brazen about it too. That's something our asian, south asian, and african sisters have fallen for, and it is following us in our countries of residence. What happened to MAC's all races, all sexes motto?
Ever since it's selling out to Estee Lauder, MAC is going downhill in prices and philosophy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by cstg

I was given a sample of this, when I bought the Lightful foundation (2-way powder), softening lotion (toner), and essence serum. All these are great products. I normally don't really like MAC skincare, ie. didn't have good reactions to the Oil Free Lotion. But this Lightful line is great and has helped to greatly improve my skin tone and clear up my skin. Don't know if it's entirely due to Lightful, since I've been using Ettusais (made by Shiseido) products that are of the Acne Care line as well. Together, my hormonal acne has cleared up and I have clean & clear(er) skin than ever before. Now, back to the Lightful Lotion - I don't mind the candy-smell of the lotion and feels great on my skin. WIll buy the lotion next time, to go along with the rest of the line that I'm using. By the way, may be this MAC skincare line is better because it's MADE IN JAPAN?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 12:02:00 AM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The full name of this item is MAC Lightful Protective Moisturizer Hydratant SPF 30 / PA++ (50 ml, 1.7 US FL OZ). MAC's Lightful collection seems to be an Asia-exclusive. :) This sunscreen was promoted in MAC's Lady Sol Collection here in Singapore a couple of weeks ago.

Texture
Smooth and easy to apply- the sunscreen sinks in really fast without much trouble at all, and I was impressed by the way it didn't leave a white cast like most other sunscreens do. This sunscreen also didn't feel dry on my face, and it left my face feeling soft and slightly velvety to the touch. :)
Scent

A pleasant soapy scent which may irritate some because it's quite strong.

I'm likely to repurchase this, but at US$27, my wallet may persuade me to decide otherwise... :| continued >>