November 27, 2014 | 1723 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Fascination Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just as well as Lash Out, one of my standards, but it costs WAY too much. Don't see the point of spending that much money when you don't have to.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 5:30:00 AM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My favourite mascara. I have very long, curly lashes, but not many of them. Most mascaras are to heavy for me; but this is just right.
Unfortunately, I have been told it will be discontinuned by the end of the year.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Micello

This didn't do much for me. I bought this initially because the Dior counter didn't have the Parfait (w. cashmere) mascara that I was after (my HG!). Anyway this had just come out so I thought what the hell, it's new so it must be better. Well, it's ... ok ... but doesn't have much staying power, nor does it hold it's curl (L'oreal's Le Grand Curl is SO much better in the curling department - although a little clumpy for my liking). Anyway, I definitely won't be buying this one again. It's back to Parfait for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

This one and the Lancome Definicils are the only two mascaras I use for now. Fascination isn't as good as Definicils from my experience, it doesn't lengthen the lashes as nicely as Definicils. But same as Definicils, Fascination doesn't smudge and clump, which are the two main and most important factors I look at when I'm choosing a mascara. I don't know how Fascination worked on other people, but it definitely didn't smudge on me and worked well as an above average mascara (some mascaras do lengthen and thicken the lashes peferctly, but I threw them right away after only tiny smudges or clumps. I just can't stand those).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2003 11:51:00 PM More reviews by wombat

This was my very first mascara when i started using makeup.

It's the typical dior deep blue packaging and gold rims.

It's a normal mascara wand design, i bought this in black.
It applies nicely with its creamy consistency, but clumps and smears on me. Also fails to hold curls, while only adding a little bit of length.
Overall, a pretty average mascara. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2003 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

I love love love this mascara. I''ve actually used this pretty consistently for 4 years now after seemingly trying literally every kind of mascara out there on the market. Every so often, I try the new ones (both cheap and expensive brands) but I end up returning them and going back to this one.

I have typical Asian eyelashes (i.e, really puny and thin) but this mascara truly lengthens AND thickens my lashes. I hold the brush at the tip of my lashes for a couple of seconds and it keeps my lashes curled without the pre-use of an eyelash curler. I don't get flakes and it doesn't smudge despite my oily skin (curse the humid summer weather).
Plus, the brush itself is soft enough so that you can really wedge the brush against the base of your lashes without irritating your eyelids.

If you have thin sparse lashes, this is definitely worth trying. Black has been my usual but I recently purchased the navy/blue color and I love it. I still get the oomph but somehow the color sort of brightens up my eye area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2003 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Tropezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An average mascara, but one of the better ones I have ever tried. It does lengthen, but it flakes all over the place and generally by mid-day I have these little flicks of black mascara all over my cheeks. I experienced alot of difficulty applying this to my lower lashes as it just clumped them together and look absolutely awful. The good thing about Fascination, is that if you have alot of time in the morning to apply mascara (say 15-20 mins) then this may work out for you, but for a gal on the run if is an entirely different story.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bbwai

This was the first mascara that I've tried from Dior (sample from a GWP). Overall, it was a good mascara for natural, daytime looks. Application was smooth. It lengthened and thickened a bit, and left my lashes soft and defined. It didn't clump or flake, and there was minimal smudging on me. However, the little tube seemed to get old pretty quickly, as it began to clump more and became less buildable. Although I liked this mascara, it wasn't ~WOW. It's pretty expensive, and I wouldn't be able to afford replacing it so often. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Joyous

I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap in the mini bottle form, so I did not have to buy it becasue I know it is expensive. I must say that I love this mascara! It is not at all clumpy. I already have super long lashes but need a little volume and this does the trick. I prefer waterproof mascaras though overall. Still searching for my HG waterproof mascara that does not clump or dry out in one week. Sigh...But for all of you non waterproof mascara fans, this one rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by casia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara. My lashes are long and I need something to thicken. It's good because I feel I can put on layer after layer and really build a nice thickness with absolutely no flaking, clumping, drying--nothing. Or I can put on just one or two layers for a natural-to-slightly-more effect. My complaint is that the tube dries out so fast--after six weeks or so, I need another one. That's just too pricey.