BeneFit Cosmetics Bluff Puff

3.4

on 1/27/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have had this brush for 4 years. It sheds almost every time I use it and I have to pick off stray brush hairs. The only reason I still use it is because I don't feel like buying a new (different) brush yet. Wouldn't recommend.

on 6/8/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

In response to other reviews: no roughness, no shedding. Nuff said.
I LOVE this brush to blend/buff in powders, especially Smashbox Halo Color Corrector Powder in yellow and even Sally Hansen Luminous Matte powder in Neutralizer and various BE.

on 10/5/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love all things Benefit. So when I saw this little kabuki brush, I had to have it! However, this greatly disappointed me. The first time I used it, it felt like I was manually exfoliating my face- that's how rough the bristles were. The brush also sheds a LOT when you begin using it.. mine shedded non-stop for about a week. The brush is cute, dense, great for buffing and does the job. There are much better brushes out there though.
UPDATE: this brush shedded even more after I washed it for the first time. Will never repurchase. For the price, I can get something of much much much better quality. Threw this out!

This brush has been good to me. No hair fallout, and not scratchy. I wash my brushes with a gentle shampoo and their all soft and still going strong :D however when the time comes to throw it away, I will not repurchase because their is cheaper, and good quality kabuki's out there.

This is the worst kabuki brush ever! I bought it because it was cute and i liked benefit stuff. However, when i tried it, i almost CRIED because it stung my face! the bristles are not soft enough for my sensitive skin and it made me feel like i was putting on make up with a boar bristle hairbrush! traveling with it was a pain too because it wasn't retractable or came with a cap, so i had to wrap it up in tissue or put it back in the original box, which took up way too much space in my makeup bag.
on top of that, the WORST part is that the bristles would COME OFF ON MY FACE and STICK to it! tiny little bits and pieces of bristles would come off all over my cheeks and i couldn't even brush them off! i had to take tweezers and literally pick them off my face one by one! and when your entire face is covered with 3 mm bristles at 7am when you need to be headed out to work, your patience is at ZERO. i would never ever USE this product again. it's been tossed in the trash!

i would recommend using the money you would spend on this to buy the retractable kabuki brush by Too Faced. it's the softest and most convenient brush ever.

on 1/2/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Iíve rediscovered my BLUFF PUFF brush, after originally forgetting I had it.

Iíve started experimenting with various brands of mineral foundations & have found this brush the best for application. The bristles are soft & non-scratchy. My make up goes on evenly & looks great. I think the brush plays a large part in the finished result. Love it.

Iíll remove a lippie as this had shed the odd bristle here & there.

on 12/27/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this brush sheds a few hairs every time I use it. it started when I first got it, and has not ceased to this day (about 1 year later). the bristles are very soft, they can be somewhat scratchy on my face but I suppose it does the job of buffing in product. will not repurchase if I lose it, which I doubt since I hardly ever use it anyways

*Update* 06/10/10: bumped rating down by one lippie. the shedding and scratchiness is just not worth it

on 1/12/2008 11:50:00 PM

Great brush. NO shedding. NO bent bristles. NO roughness. No idea why there would be negative ratings. I've had mine for months and as long as you wash/care/use it properly it will be fine.

on 10/4/2007 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The bristles on this brush are rough and I was hoping that over time it would get softer but after 3 months it still remained rough also, the shedding never stopped. All this never bothered me so much until I washed it and all the glue that held the bristles together came out and I had to throw the brush away. So all in all, the quality is poor as it will not last long and it scratches your face.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like the versality of this brush but every time I use the brush, the hair shed and I end up with hair all over my face. It's great for applying highlighters, blush, loose powder and powder foundation. I will purchase again. For the price, it's great for travelling as I won't be worried about wrecking it.

Popular Makeup Brushes