November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Honey Violet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually wear dark vampy colors like this, but my boyfriends mom gave a few JT to me as a gift, so I ventured away from my comfort zone of pinky nudes and baby pinks. This is a really gorgeous color that can go on either sheer or opaque on the lips. It also has a gold shimmer that looks really pretty. I actually found myself reaching for this pretty often during the winter, and I didn't get any weird looks or comments from people at my school, but I wore it pretty sheerly. I'm NC30-35 for reference. I also like to wear this over a nude lipstick sometimes to dampen the color a little bit. It has a scent that's pretty strong-it's like a mix between a floral and a honey scent. It's not my favorite, but it doesn't bother me either. Also, these are a little sticky, like all JT's, but it just helps the lasting power so I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so love this. Though it's moody and beautiful in the tube, it doesn't look like it could possibly be flattering once on lips. Happily it transforms on lips to a gorgeous, golden violet. The smell is lovely and unobtrusive, and it moisturizes well. I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Bought this as a birthday treat for myself last December and wore it more faithfully than any of my other glosses all during the winter/early spring (I retired it in the spring because while it would have continued to look gorgeous it *felt* too dark). Went out to a nice dinner tonight and found my tube of Honey Violet, put it back on, and fell instantly in love again. Love the name, the consistency, the lasting power (2-3 hours if I don't eat/drink anything), even love the smell of it. It looks kind of gross in the tube, frankly, a brownish/purple with magenta sparkles. It has some sort of alchemical reaction on my lips, though, and turns into a moist, vampy, but unobtrusive plum with dimension. Looks great on my very pale, high-contrast coloring. Easy to wear. I don't own much Lancome - just this, a Juicy Tube in Pink Icing, and Hypnose perfume - but come to think of it I really like everything I have. Would buy again, and am thinking that I should try to find a pinker spring/summer equivalent. Don't let the tube fool you - it's beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by deathbyvicki

This lasted on my lips all night. It looks dark and vampy in the tube, but it's actually pretty sheer. The color is a moody plum color with tiny gold flecks. I also love the smell of the gloss; it smells like roses to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ktb8293

* * * * CLICK CON'T FOR PICTURES * * * *
I received this as an extra in a swap. I am a little scared of dark colored l/g or l/s but figured I shoud try it anyways. AND I am so glad I did. In the tube it looks like a deep red plum color with gold flecks. I am an asian fair-medium yellow undertoned gal with pigmented lips.

This unfortunately has a watermelon smell but it faded soon enough that I didnt have to take it off. It wore really well throughout my crackers and cheese, kept my lips really moist and was a great color.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product and would certainly repurchase. The color is just sheer enough that I dont get frightened when I looked in the mirror and the gold flecks were small and smooth.
Its not sticky at all either.

Would definitely repurchase this if I ever run out. This product comes in a squeeze tube with angled tip and twist off top. Great application.

nude lips for reference

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by EsGal

This is a pretty deep plum with fine gold shimmer. Looks very natural (but not in a unique way though, the color didn't blow me away) on my lips while adding a hint of color and sublt shimmer (NC25). This isn't as thick as my other JT (Plum freeze, this one I love), and keeps my lips shinny and moist. I like the slant applicator for precision. Unfortunately the watermelon smell gives me a headache. Am swapping this.
I still see this at my local Sephora and on the Lancome website, so I doubt it's being discontinued. Good news for the ladies who love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH.....MY.....GLOSS!!!!
A week ago, I saw this Juicy Tube in Honey Violet selling online. Before buying it, of course, I ran here to see what my friends, MUAers say. My dear, the MUAers are right!!! THIS IS THE BEST LIPGLOSS I'VE EVER OWNED. ---and I mean it genuinely. The colour may look scary dark purple in the tube but don't be scared, 'cuz I've been through the column in which Nick Baros (famous Hollywood makeup artist working for Misha Barton etc.) recommended this kind of purple to anyone with light to medium skin. Boy, he was about right!!!
With one glide on my bare lips, I get a 20-minute-kiss look, only less swollen (you know what I mean ;-). It shows red undertone though on me. The colour is perfect for night and day and the fine glitter brightens up my entire face. No embellishing.
Sexy, but classy and natural at the same time. I've heard this one is a limited edition. Oh! NO!
If I see this, will I but it again? ---YES! YES! YES!
Thank you, MUAers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by 16stars

My HG lipgloss!!!!! This is a vampy purple-violet-red color flecked with small gold glitter in the tube, but like all Juicy Tubes, it tones down when on your lips. On lips, its a berry colored gloss with a nice amount of pigment for a knock-out statement. The gold glitter adds an extra little spark of interest to draw the eyes in towards the lips and makes them looks extra luscious. The scent is fruity and smells like watermelon! Works well on my tanned golden skin, but in the winter when i get paler, it probably would look just as gorgeous. It also would probably work for lighter skin tones and darker ones as well. A must-have!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color--a light warm plum sheen. Great on my yellow/olive MMM skin, but there are better lip gloss formulas out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this gloss. It is well pigmentated, smooth, not sticky and longer lasting than most l/g. It is a beautiful color, not over the top like it might look in the tube. Others have described the color better than I can. I got this at the outlet for about $5 so the price was super cheap. The standard price is $16.50 which is a little rich for my blood, but the outlet price is just right for me and I probably would pay $16.50 for a JT that I really loved. :-) I will definitely repurchase more JTs and would repurchase this color should I run out.