October 24, 2014 | 1711 users online

Loose Powders - Christian Dior - Poudre Diorlight Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

It's a wonderfully fine pressed powder, one of the best I've ever tried because it has a soft, creamy, silky texture and is very long lasting. It gives a nice light, even and natural finish.

I love how elegant the packaging looks, the sifter and powder puff and the amount of product you receive. Unfortunately, it's not very practical.

It's such a beautiful product which I've repurchased a few times in the past. However, I just can't justify the price now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by EmilySher

This is a transparent loose powder that is oil-free, in fact, it is talc free as well. I don't have problems with talc, but I thought that was interesting. Anyway, it is very fine and dry and it is natural looking, not powdery. I am light to medium, and the medium shade is quite peach, so I opted for the light, which disappears anyway. So far so good, I am not sure about the oil control yet, but the finish is very beautiful. Great for setting makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now that I know how loose powder must be used right, I am liking this. It is very fine powder that is invisible on the skin. HOwever I would have appreciated a velvet sponge instead of the brush but the brush is not impossible to use either. Opposite to Chanels loose powder, this one gives my face a bit more glowy finish. It can be nice if your face is dry and if you want to have a more natural finish instead of completely matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing powder I have ever tried. It just blends into my skin so easily and gives my skin a matte look. I use number 601 - transparent light - because I have pale skin. It makes my skin look more even toned while still looking natural.I have found you can put a bit extra on any redness and it will all blend in without looking obvious. I have also found that since I stopped using liquid foundation, my skin is less oily and my pores are more refined. I recommend this to anyone who finds liquid makeup too greasy. What's more the packaging is lovely - a blue box with a blue & gold striped lid. Inside there is a lovely blue brush which is ideal for applying the powder. I give this product 5/5!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2002 3:15:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small container of this wonderful powder with something I purchased but I can't remember where I got it. Regardless I decided finally to give it a try and I love it. I have the shade 621 (don't you hate companies that number their colors instead of naming them!!)which is the medium. This powder is described on the outside of the container as loose powder sheer luminous finish. This was the exact look I was searching for for years. I've tried WTF Glow On, Guerlain meteorlites, Versace Glow On, none of them did anything for me. This powder does - a luminous finish without sparkles. Shimmer but not obvious. Love this powder. This small sample I got will last for months. As soon as I run out I will purchase a full size one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2001 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I had found the perfect loose powder - dry but not chalky texture, good color selection, and velvety application. I have very oily skin, and was upset that it left shine on my face. The SA explained that 'the dewey look is healthy'. I agree to an extent, but I can produce my own shine in about an hour :P The search continues...