July 30, 2014 | 1859 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Primordiale Optimum Yeux

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Meaghan86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Fantastic texture and very easy to apply. I definitely noticed a reduction in the appearance of fine lines under my eye, and it works very well to reduce puffiness and darkness! I have bought this product several times, and most definitely will again! Great for prevention of signs of ageing in the early 20s. Also you only need to use it sparingly - although expensive it lasts me a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by aimeemw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bad...Bad...Bad! First things first, I received this as a gift so, luckily, I didn't have to pay for it. Sadly, however, I had asked for it, therefore I have only myself to blame for the havoc this product wreaked. It made everything about my eyes worse - fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles - they all got worse. I don't have the heart to go into details but all one has to do is read my review of Hylexin. The same things that happened with that awful concoction happened here! Unbelievable!!!! How are cosmetic companies allowed to stay in business? As a loose analogue: I am a pharmacist and if I told people that their prescriptions were going to help their hearts but the prescriptions ended up making hearts explode, I would no longer be a pharmacist, correct? So, why is there no accountability??????

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by charissez

im surprised at all the bad reviews.. i actually quite like this product. it is a very light texture and is more suitable for summer or if you have really oily eye area. i love that it is not greasy and absorbs quickly as i feel my eye makeup runs if my eye cream isnt absorbed. this absorbs very quickly for me and leaves no residue.
i think ppl probably feel the eye cream is inadequate because it is not as moisturizing as it sounds like it is going to be, but it suits my combination skin just fine in the summer. definitely smooths out my fine line as well so it does its job perfectly!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Jouls

This cream actually gave me more fine lines around my eyes. I was very disappointed, it didn't even prevent new lines from forming.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by meykup08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using three jars, I think it is time to say goodbye. It hardens and peels off. I am sick of cleaning bits and pieces of this cream from around my eyes. It does not do anything about bags or dark circles. I don't think it does anything about fine lines either. It might prevent future lines, but I am not that sure since I gained more lines over the course of using this cream. It is an okay moisturizer. Oh and it is way too expensive. AND I hate dipping my finger in the jar. So why pay all this money for this useless cream?!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

I received a sample of this product in a Lancome gift bag, and was not impressed at all. It did nothing for puffiness or dark circles, and when applying concealer or foundation over top, it seemed to harden and peel off, forcing me to wash my face and reapply my concealer. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this cream, and definitely would not purchase it anytime in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Rahsan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to this eye cream after using La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream for a long time. I was concerned that my skin got used to the La Prairie one and it wasn't functioning so well for that matter. Also, I wanted something cheaper, this one was half price. Well, huge mistake!!! I had to reapply every 10 minutes, it did nothing to moisturize, I had crows feet and lines becoming more and more visible -yes, wrinkles! I was so scared, I ran to the store and got my usual expensive La Prairie! God Bless!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by coffeding

Having used up my first pot, I'm very disappointed. Did not smooth and minimize appearance of fine lines. Just a moisturizer. I think it's overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by cakespender

One word to sum it up......CRAP.
I asked the sales lady for something really moisturizing for my eye area as it's changing season now and my poor skin is showing wear and tear from it. She sold me this stuff and I am not lovin it.
1~ stings like MAD when i put it on and for about an hour afterwards.
2~ once it absorbed it left behind zero moisture, which means i have to re-apply about 5 minutes later whihc means i repeat step 1 with intense burning. Obviously it is not a good fit for my sklin type.
The price was CRAZY!!!!!! a jar of this put me out almost $80.00 Canadian.
Skip this and head to another counter. A shame because now i cant trust a word the Lancome ladies try to tell me. How they thought a gel would be super hydrating is beyond me in the first place. Should have listened to my gut!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by wiggleit76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first tried this a couple of years ago as a sample and fell in love with it: it moisturized my dry eye area perfectly, helped with fine lines and the my hereditary dark shadows were far less nonticable.

Having now finished my second pot I am somewhat unimpressed. Although the moisturizing is still great, my fine lines were more noticable and it did nothing at all for my dark circles. When I bought my second pot last year, the MA told me that it was a new 'improved' formula, but think it's gone from a great product I would happily pay for, to a mediocre one that is too expensive for what it actually achieves.