October 25, 2014 | 937 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin (i do have a lot of acne and scarring) and decided to give this a try. Well, the first night i used it, it broke me out. BIG TIME. I had little red bumps on my forehead, nose, sides of my cheeks, chin, etc. So I thought, "hmm maybe it's just that I randomly broke out." I decided to use it again and IT BROKE ME OUT EVEN WORSE! I stopped using this product and all my acne (that has formed during the time period of using this product DISSAPEARED!) Its also sad because this does contain salacylic acid which is good for acne. I don't recommend this cleanser at all! I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleynicole11231

I really like this cleanser. I'm 21, so I don't have wrinkles, but I would like to prevent them which is why I wanted to try this cleanser. It makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. Check out my full review here!: http://allthingsbeautyxo.wordpress.com/

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

This cleanser is fine, although it doesn't say ANYWHERE that it has exfoliating beads and that is exactly what I didn't want. I wanted just a plain cleanser. The beads are so minuscule but still the packaging is misleading. Overall it's a great cleanser, I always love Olay, but you shouldn't exfoliate everyday it's bad for your skin. Now I need another new cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

UPDATE** After trying this over and over I realized it DOES break me out. Wow totally stinks. Or it's just that my skin hates me and this does not help, either way. Bummer. Original review below.

This is now called "classic" age defying blady blah, same ingredients. AND is also the same ingredient list as the Olay 7 Total Effects Blemish control cleanser. I bought this and I do notice it's a little thinner in consistancy and the beads are less than the blemish one. This seems a little more gentle as well. I guess the ingredients are the same but the amouts are a little different. This is cheaper as well. I actually rused the Olay 7 blemish for a long time becuase I thought it's one of the few things that didn't clog or over dry me. It's not a miracle and doesn't stop every skin issue, and sometimes I wonder if it's causing problems, but compared to the drama I've had with every other line, it's pretty darn close. Don't think this will take off makeup, I have a second evening/PM/nighttime cleanser for that. I'm tryin this now for the AM, and want to cleanse, but not strip my skin. The beads are pretty small and this is creamy, but not SUPER creamy or greasy. It does feel like it's barely doing anything but I like that because I dry out if I use a night time cleanser for both. So for that it's great (and sort of moisturizes so you don't really need one. And I break out to most so that helps me tremendously). I dig it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Been using this for a little over a week and so far it's working well. My skin needs moisture but I have to be careful since it 's prone to break out and clog easily. I'm also getting fine lines and so anything that strips my skin of moisture only adds to this issue. This contains BHA and glycerine so it fits both of the needs my skin has and my skin has been responding very well. Even skin tone (yay!), no breakouts and it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. Only complaint is that this doesn't clean makeup off very well, especially waterproof. Other than that it's a nice simple face wash that is under $5. Will keep using as long as my skin keeps getting along with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked my other Olay products, so I thought why not give this a try since I just needed to add something to reach the free shipping @ drugstore.com. I dont remember the price, but it was like under $5 IIRC.

Been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I'm not even sure if it is really a cleanser?! I use this during shower to wash my face and remove makeup. I usually wear mineral MU, which shouldnt be hard to remove with just facial cleanser. Everytime after I used this cleanser, my face was still oily. Did not feel clean at all like with other cleanser. And whats worse, it broke me out =_= I barely get any acne, but with just 2 wks of use and now i got lil acne on my forehead and chin... argggggg >< I think i will just toss my bottle and definitely no repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this stuff since my teens. I have dry skin so while I need a sudsy cleanser to take off my makeup at night, I like something creamy in the morning. This stuff exfoliates slightly and leaves my skin feeling smooth and looking bright. It removes any oil/cream from overnight without drying me out. I'm in love with it and I hope it sticks around forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by bisco

It's not the worst, but it's not the best. It didn't cause my skin to break-out, it didn't dry out my skin, but it didn't exfoliate my skin. The micro-beads should just be done away with, because this is lotion like, it doesn't get sudsy. That doesn't bother me, but the fact I can't wash my make-up off with this is frustrating. It doesn't stick? Hopefully that makes sense. If I use this with my Sephora brush, it just gets filmy and stuck inside the bristles. And this isn't effective when you use your hands. I guess what i'm trying to say, is, it's not bad. On a desperate occasion it wouldn't hurt me to use it. I just didn't gain any results from it. I'm beta hydroxy sensitive, and this didn't burn thankfully.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by analucia

i wanted to really like this cleanser after reading the reviews. while i liked the beads and how moisturized my skin felt afterwards, i broke out after two days. i tried convincing myself that maybe it wasn't because of the cleanser, but after a week of not using it, my skin is clearing up again.what a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It is very gentle, so don't expect your skin to feel stripped and dry after. It leaves my skin feeling baby smooth. While it won't work as easily for heavy-duty eyeliner, it is very efficient for the average makeup user. I definitely plan to repurchase and recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, no-fuss facial cleanser.