Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser

3.6

Water, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Betaine, Salicylic Acid, Distearlydimonium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Oxidized Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Behenyl Alcohol, PPG 30, Steareth 2, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA 5/30/09

on 8/7/2015 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Not good. Too much fragrance and it left my dry skin feeling tight and irritated. Used once and dumped it in the trash.

on 4/22/2015 3:47:00 PM

This is a really nice cream cleanser, that also helps treat/prevent breakouts, because it contains Salycilic Acid. I use this morning and night, and in the morning it is so gentle. At night, this will remove light makeup, but otherwise you will need to use a makeup removing towelette first. I LOVE the way this smells, like roses. There is no dry/tight feeling like with foaming cleansers, although they are better for makeup removal, cream cleansers are better for maintaining your moisture barrier, and for a combo dry/oily gal like myself, I need all the balancing I can get. It's also very reasonably priced. I would re-buy!

on 1/24/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For whatever reason my skin has been getting oiler as I age instead of getting drying. I had dry my whole life and typically stuck with gentle cleanser like Cetaphil and Cerave. I had also used the Olay foaming sensitive but I was needing something with a bit more bang for my buck. Consistency wise, this falls somewhere between a cream and a liquid. It's white and has a sparse amount of very fine exfoliating beads. Since the amount of beads is sparse I didn't find this to be harsh or abrasive. This also contains salicylic acid but again not in an amount that is harsh. I feel this is getting my face cleaner than previous products I have used and I have noticed a slight improvement in my acne, but this has not helped with clogged pores. Because this has salicylic acid and micro beads, it could possibly be too harsh for sensitive skin. I do wish this came in a larger bottle as one bottle does not last very long washing twice a day.

on 7/16/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin (i do have a lot of acne and scarring) and decided to give this a try. Well, the first night i used it, it broke me out. BIG TIME. I had little red bumps on my forehead, nose, sides of my cheeks, chin, etc. So I thought, "hmm maybe it's just that I randomly broke out." I decided to use it again and IT BROKE ME OUT EVEN WORSE! I stopped using this product and all my acne (that has formed during the time period of using this product DISSAPEARED!) Its also sad because this does contain salacylic acid which is good for acne. I don't recommend this cleanser at all! I definitely won't be repurchasing.

I really like this cleanser. I'm 21, so I don't have wrinkles, but I would like to prevent them which is why I wanted to try this cleanser. It makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. Check out my full review here!: http://allthingsbeautyxo.wordpress.com/

on 10/2/2013 3:15:00 AM

This cleanser is fine, although it doesn't say ANYWHERE that it has exfoliating beads and that is exactly what I didn't want. I wanted just a plain cleanser. The beads are so minuscule but still the packaging is misleading. Overall it's a great cleanser, I always love Olay, but you shouldn't exfoliate everyday it's bad for your skin. Now I need another new cleanser.

on 9/18/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE** After trying this over and over I realized it DOES break me out. Wow totally stinks. Or it's just that my skin hates me and this does not help, either way. Bummer. Original review below.

This is now called "classic" age defying blady blah, same ingredients. AND is also the same ingredient list as the Olay 7 Total Effects Blemish control cleanser. I bought this and I do notice it's a little thinner in consistancy and the beads are less than the blemish one. This seems a little more gentle as well. I guess the ingredients are the same but the amouts are a little different. This is cheaper as well. I actually used the Olay 7 blemish for a long time becuase I thought it's one of the few things that didn't clog or over dry me. It's not a miracle and doesn't stop every skin issue, and sometimes I wonder if it's causing problems, but compared to the drama I've had with every other line, it's pretty darn close. Don't think this will take off makeup, I have a second evening/PM/nighttime cleanser for that. I'm trying this now for the AM, and want to cleanse, but not strip my skin. The beads are pretty small and this is creamy, but not SUPER creamy or greasy. It does feel like it's barely doing anything but I like that because I dry out if I use a night time cleanser for both. So for that it's great (and sort of moisturizes so you don't really need one. And I break out to most so that helps me tremendously). I dig it.

on 7/15/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Been using this for a little over a week and so far it's working well. My skin needs moisture but I have to be careful since it 's prone to break out and clog easily. I'm also getting fine lines and so anything that strips my skin of moisture only adds to this issue. This contains BHA and glycerine so it fits both of the needs my skin has and my skin has been responding very well. Even skin tone (yay!), no breakouts and it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. Only complaint is that this doesn't clean makeup off very well, especially waterproof. Other than that it's a nice simple face wash that is under $5. Will keep using as long as my skin keeps getting along with it.

on 3/3/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked my other Olay products, so I thought why not give this a try since I just needed to add something to reach the free shipping @ drugstore.com. I dont remember the price, but it was like under $5 IIRC.

Been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I'm not even sure if it is really a cleanser?! I use this during shower to wash my face and remove makeup. I usually wear mineral MU, which shouldnt be hard to remove with just facial cleanser. Everytime after I used this cleanser, my face was still oily. Did not feel clean at all like with other cleanser. And whats worse, it broke me out =_= I barely get any acne, but with just 2 wks of use and now i got lil acne on my forehead and chin... argggggg >< I think i will just toss my bottle and definitely no repurchase for me.

on 2/27/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this stuff since my teens. I have dry skin so while I need a sudsy cleanser to take off my makeup at night, I like something creamy in the morning. This stuff exfoliates slightly and leaves my skin feeling smooth and looking bright. It removes any oil/cream from overnight without drying me out. I'm in love with it and I hope it sticks around forever.