October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lip Liners - Paula's Choice - Longlasting Lipliner - Anti-Feather Clear

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well this is contractible so you don't need to sharpen this and thereby waste product. The pencil can still break off though if you press it too hard,or softens with temperature. This is moisturizing but its hard to see where it is being applied. If you are wearing darker lipstick it can lighten it or if you only apply it to some parts of the lip it can make the color look uneven. This may be good under a clear balm or faint lip color.
On the other hand this may help you from smudging the lipstick and has potential to plumpen the lips a bit without irritation due to the moisturizer. Older women might like this more as it can supposedly fill in lip creases but I can't speak for that because I don't have any.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have some wrinkling just on one side of my upper lip.. just enough to make it impossible to get a straight line with a lip liner or lipstick. It always, always looks like it's smudged. No matter how sharp the pencil or how carefully applied, blurry, non-straight edge.

I put this on, it goes on easy and smooth, you can't see it at all. Put my regular lip liner and some color on and.. YES! Score! Super smooth natural looking line!

I will be ordering multiples of this so that I have one within reach wherever I am!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I used this exclusively for a week & 1/2 and it clogged the pores outside my lip line. I probably drew it there because I can't see it, but will go back to colored pencils so I can see where I'm applying it as I'm sure anything can clog my pores, but since I can't see it, it's a problem for me.

I used a product similar to this by Mary Kay called Outliner that clogged my pores around my lips--which is designed to go just outside the lip line. Paula's doesn't say to apply outside the lip line and I've used it right on the line instead. I can't see if it is migrating to the outside when I apply it, or if I missed and got it there so I will update in a couple weeks to announce if this too clogged the pores around my lip line. So far, Paula has discontinued all lip liner colors except for this one, which is out of stock as I write this due to popular demand. You can leave an email address to be updated when back in.I'm not sure what the ingredients are in the MK one I compared this to, but this is Paula's Choice ingredients I found at her website:

Ingredients (Clear): C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate (thickener/bodifier), Ceresin (thickener), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickeners), VP/Hexadecene Copolymer (film-forming/water-resistant agent), Talc (absorbent/texture enhancer), Ozokerite, Zinc Stearate (thickeners), Sorbitan Sesquioleate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by yellowduckie

Nov 2008 EDIT: Sally Hansen has a similar product for AU$9!

My review is of Paula's Choice lip liner in CLEAR. I thought it would be fun to test out a clear lip liner that would suit all shades of lipstick/lip gloss, and more convenient than buying one lip liner per lipstick/lip gloss shade.

I use lip liner to stop lipstick from 'bleeding' & I'm not sure this product added any extra staying power (haven't tested it out on this aspect). The lip liner is rounded and very gentle on lips.

I use MAC Matte lipsticks and I have to say, the staying power is fantastic when used with MAC lip liners. Stays put through dinner & drinks. But unlike MAC lip liners, this is not drying at all.

The packaging is clever, it's like a retractable pen with a cap. There's no need to ever sharpen it, very hygienic.

I got this for AU$18 (free shipping, special of the month offer). I would definitely re-purchase this, there's nothing else like this on the market that I'm aware of, Benefit's clear lip liner pencil needs sharpening and AVON's version of this is currently unavailable in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Beautichic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Who thought that invisible makeup would be so awesome! My upper lip doesn't have that distinguishing heart shape. I can easily "create" one that looks natural b/c my natural pink on my lips look similar enough to my skin tone, and I happen to use lip liner and lipstick that's darker than my skin and lips. But when I decided to pursue a more natural, more lively, my lips but better look, I started looking at lip glosses. I found that I can't use glosses with colored lip liners b/c it looks like I've outlined a flat and dull look to retain the shine every where else. It's unflattering, so when I came across this gem for under $10, I gave it a try. Only a little bit gives my upper lip the instantaneous heart shape, and my lip gloss doesn't bleed out. It's effective, looks natural, and the results are lasting. And it's not so invisible that I can't see what I'm doing. It's quite "clear" what I'm doing. The price is right and b/c it's clear, you'll know exactly what color you're getting. The packaging is convenient and sanitary. Even though you have to twist the liner out, it doesn't twist in your makeup bag and make a mess. The liner is firm but glides on smoothly and easily. It has this perfect rounded off edge to work with. I haven't tried it as a remedy to prevent lipstick from bleeding out of my lips, though, because I've never had that problem before.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

this is great! i only need one of this for the multitudes of lipstick that i have.i love that it is retractable and easy to use. glides on easily too

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by marnie2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Works perfectly and the price is right. What more can I say?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SonyaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE this lip liner! I have thrown away all of my other liners already! This liner in clear is AWESOME! I have always thought it was such a pain to have to buy lip liners that matched with my lipsticks and now I don't have to! This works perfectly to keep lipstick from traveling where it's not suppose to and there's no need to worry about matching the colors or following the line of the lip exactly. This clear liner is wonderful! I will never buy another colored lip liner!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by babyspinks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I really liked this product and the fact that it makes my sheer, L'oreal lipstick actually stay on my lips for several hours; however, after about 1 week of use, I noticed that the outer edges (both top and bottom) of my lips were VERY dry and I normally don't have this issue, even in the winter. This product is the only thing I have done differently so I had to attribute the dryness to the product, which is a shame because it really does work. I might try again next week to see if it is indeed the culprit, and if so, I will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 3:22:00 AM More reviews by dani7865

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for keeping gloss and lipstick from feathering, however Avon has one, exactly like it for WAY cheaper 2.99 on sale. They are identical in texture, wear and the tube is pretty much the same. Never the less, this is still a good product, it is just that Avons is cheaper and more readily available to me.