TheBalm Stainiac

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol. May Contain / Peut Contenir [ /- : Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Green 3 (Ci 42053), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Red 22 (Ci 45380), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Yellow 10 (Ci 47005), Green 5 (Ci 61570)]

on 7/27/2015 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This was so cheaply made and normally I'm a big fan of The Balm products. It left hardly any stain and didn't even stay that long! Fail

on 4/2/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this color. It took me a while to find a red that works my skintone (olive) and it's too thick. This is a gel product so when you apply to clean, dry lips, will quickly dry and you will matte, long lasting red lips. I can't do red lipstock/gloss because I drink so much water throughout the day that it would rub off but this is great. It adheres to your lips and it's not an intimidating shade of red. I usually top it off with some lip balm and I'm good to go. TheBalm also recommends using on your cheeks for a hint of color; haven't done that

on 3/14/2015 5:13:00 PM

I got a mini sample of this with my Birchbox and and I can say is, "Wow!" This gives my lips the perfect just bitten look. It is a very natural flush of color and lasts for quite a while before I need to apply again. This is not moisturizing, so if you are looking for color plus moisturization, I suggest layering this product under lip balm. I will absolutely purchase the full-sized product when I run out of this!

on 2/4/2015 1:44:00 PM

I have Stainiac in both Prom Queen and Beauty Queen. I've been using them for several years and have repurchased Beauty Queen in particular a number of times, and they are by far my favorite lip stains I've tried (this includes Stila, Palladio, Vincent Longo, and probably a number of other ones I can't think of right now).
For one thing, the packaging is much better than a lot of packaging of other stains I've tried. I find the tip on the popular marker format tends to dry out fast even when the cap is firmly on, which makes it unusable. Roller balls tend to dispense too much product at once and give you less control when you apply them. Stainiac comes in a tube with a sponge, and this is really ideal for application.
Prom Queen is a sort of peachy pink. It's very natural looking and great for daytime when you just want to punch up your natural lip color a bit. Beauty Queen is a very flattering berry shade, and I really like it for night or day. Both shades are buildable.
Another plus is that you can use them as blush. Beauty Queen in particular I have used many times as blush, and it works great. It does dry fast on your cheeks, so you have to blend it in quickly to avoid stripes or blotches. Once when I was packing for a long trip, I didn't want to take a blush brush and risk having it crushed in my bag, so I brought Beauty Queen and used it as my sole blush. It was extremely convenient to just have one product for lips and cheeks. It's handy to keep a second one of these in your purse for when you want a lip and cheek touch up.
Probably the biggest con of these is that they can be a bit drying, so you will most likely want to put on a bit of lip balm after applying them.

on 1/18/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice stain that looks very pretty and a lot like a natural flush. It doesn't set immediately so you don't have that crappy streak that happens with stains. I have this in beauty Queen, it's a nice berry color.

I wouldn't get this again though for this price, $17. I didn't think the stain was as long-wearing as it should be with this price. It lasted for about 4 hours before coming off.

on 12/7/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, thinking it would be a kinda dupe for my benetint, which i love the look of on my lips when I build it up, but it can be kinda drying. Since this is more of a jelly product, I thought it would be okay. I then forgot all about it, and lately (I'm gonna blame Taylor Swift) I've been getting back into the red lip trend. I remembered this and have been using it the last few days. It doesn't become as pigmented as benetint, and when you build it up it leans more pink than red, but it's still really pretty. Since it's a creamier product it's not drying, and the applicator is much easier to apply to the lips than the benetint brush (and it's more handbag friendly). It doesn't seem to have a scent to it, and it's not sticky. It's not a bright in your face color, but it's still really nice and can be worn day or night. I find the staining effect is pretty decent, and wears off evenly.

on 10/4/2014 1:32:00 PM

I love TheBalm's Stainiac and I have it in all 3 shades. It's perfect for a sheer wash of lip color that lasts and lasts. It really is a stain and I don't have to worry about reapplying it. There's no taste and no transfering. Very flattering and also very low-maintenance. This is a product that I would buy again and again!

on 11/11/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th bottle of this stuff. I actually don't use it for lips, as it is a bit drying. I love it on my cheeks! The stuff is soo easy to blend and it takes juuust long enough to set that you have a chance to work with the product before it "stains." I find it is pretty long lasting. I put it on in the morning and don't look like a ghost by 5 PM that day. I would probably need a touch up for evening if I were going somewhere, but I think that is true with most makeup.

My one gripe with this is the product comes in a tube with wand and it is kind of difficult to get the remains of the product out. I generally can bang the tube on the counter and release the product. When it gets really low, I stick it in the microwave (minus the cap) for just 1-2 seconds. Heating seems to liquify it enough that I can then shake the excess product to a more reachable place for the wand. Maybe I am destroying the formula, but it seems to be fine after this. Also, don't microwave longer or the bottle will melt (TRUST ME!)

on 9/27/2013 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it! I bought prom queen shade so I though it will be a little pinkish, but it goes a hint of sheer red. The staying power last for the next 6 hours, but this product tends to make my lips more drier, so I have to put some lip balm or lip base before apply stainiac.

on 8/13/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For some reason the tint isn't as long-lasting and vivid as I thought it would be on my lips however I just LOVE how it looks on my cheeks! I love make-up that just makes you look naturally pretty and this definitely gives that natural blush. I also love how the color is buildable so if you want subtle cheeks just dab a little and if you want IN-YOUR-FACE-IM-BLUSHING you can dab a lot hahaha. Love it!! :)

Top Rated TheBalm Products