April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Toners - Lancome - Blanc Expert Mela-No Cx Toner 2 for Normal Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by ls998

I tried this product along with its lotion and the spot eraser combined for 2-3 weeks, but I saw absolutely no change at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 7:50:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I have combo skin type, this toner doesn't tighten my skin, but it makes my skin very greasy in less than an hour. It's not a heavy toner, but I guess it does't suit my skin. Expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I dunno if the whitening works or not yet because I've only used it twice, I apply it once everyday at night (cuz I use Estée Lauder`s Sparkling Clean Toner during the day). So far I do like the hydrating feeling on my face, makes my face feel really supple and smooth. It`s absorbed quickly, does not leave any greasy feeling, no waxy film either. There are three different Blanc Expert toners and they are all supposed to release Vitamin C throughout the day to inhibit melanin (which causes brown spots and freckles). But I'm not sure about the Vitamin C part because they decompose REALLY fast, Vitamin C enriched products should ALWAYS be in a heavy opaque bottle so that it will not react with sunlight. The bottles are not at all opaque and are even a lil bit translucent (lotion one is the worst), so i'm afraid that the Vitamin C has already decomposed and therefore renders this toner no different than a normal toner. Each toner has specific jobs -
Lotion 1 (oily): Refining & Smoothing (with Hamamelis Virginiana)
Lotion 2 (normal/combo): Hydrating & Conditioning (with Aloe Vera)
Lotion 3 (dry): Soothing & Emollient (with Centaurea Cyanus)
I have very dry flakey skin that somehow becomes soaked in oil after a few hrs, I think i really have oily skin but the surface is dry due to all the harsh acne treatments that i've used in my early teens yrs. So I bought the normal skin lotion (2) to help hydrate the top layer of my skin and as i've said before, it does a good job hydrating it! But what i love MOST about this toner is the amazing fragrance-->it smells like GARDENIAs!!! FYI: Gardenia is one of the few flowers that produce a STRONG scent that you can smell it several meters away; often used in perfumes; and is abundant in Asia. I guess i like this smell so much because it reminds me of my childhood with my grandma, it was her favorite flower... But there's no actual gardenia in the ingredients, so i guess this scent is really from the Aloe in it... I hope the whitening part works cuz this was an expensive toner, 60$CAD for 200ml. I give it 3 lippies to leave room for improvement on the whitening part, I will update soon and i'm not sure if i'll repurchase cuz i have no income yet (i'm only 18) lol...UPDATE: At first I didn't think that the whitening would work. However, after using the entire Blanc Expert line from Lancôme for a year, IT REALLY DOES HELP TO LIGHT/REDUCE FRECKLES!!! I distinctly remember several freckles on my cheekbones before, but one day, I miraculously noticed that 1/2 of my freckles were gone! So yes, I will repurchase and continue using this range of products because they work!!!