October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Super Blonde

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by momovstheworld

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IT PRODUCES HAIR LOSS.I thought this product would be amazing! Boy was I wrong! This product not only makes your hair a disgusting clown orange with bleached yellow roots but it also damages your hair severly. I have brown hair which I bleached to a dirty blonde. So two months after the bleach I used this product. First of all it does is dye your roots and your scalp! It left my hair looking like I dipped my tips into orange crayola paint! Also after washing it out I found chunks of my hair in the tub! Also the whole side of my head was bald! Also now my hair is damaged and thin like thread! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! DO NOT RISK YOUR HAIR! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR AND MAKE IT FALL OUT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

L'Oreal super blonde is one of my all time favorite drugstore box colors (when color lifting my hair super platinum blonde). L'Oreal is the only drugstore brand of hair color i will buy, because most of their boxed colors are the same exact formula as their professional salon grade products. I can always count on their brand to be consistent, and give me the exact results that I am looking for. Another HUGE reason why i love this brand and color so much, is because even after having dark hair and already colored hair, this super blonde lift has never left my hair with an orange or copper tint to it. I dont have to use a toner at all, because it gives me the color i want, everytime. I have tried other drugstore brands of boxed color- but i end up disliking them because the color is way WAY off from the sample color on the side of the box, because i hate the way it smells and how harsh it ends up being on my hair when I am done washing the product out. NONE of them even come close to L'Oreals boxed formulas. Another thing i wanted to add and talk about was how wonderful their conditioner is. It always comes inside the box- in a white or silver tube. The conditioner is in their professional salon grade products and it is AMAZING! it will hydrate and nourish your hair back to the way it was and even better than before you color it- so it doesnt feel lile straw, after using these ultra powerful chemicals. i would recommend this product to anyone to try out.... especially those who only use box colors, instead of going to the salon. This one works like magic, which is why i love it and im pretty sure you will agree and end up loving it, too <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by stardumb69

Okayy so first of all BEST BLEACH I'VE EVER USED IN MY LIFE!! this Loreal super blonde bleach lightening kit took my hair black to pale blonde in just three uses, I've bleached my hair soooo many times in my lifee :) trust me but this i recommend at first it took my hair to a dark yellow deep golden color then it took it to a beautiful blonde color then the third time i used this product my hair wass almost white ♥ I Deff will use this again if i ever dye my hair black/dark brown again!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got daring and dyed my platinum white bleach blonde hair black. After a couple months when I started modeling full-time, my agent wanted me back to light pale blonde to match extensions he had bought me in the shortest amount of time possible.

This is the only product that worked!

I hurried up the process by trying to complete it in one month, and it did fry my hair, so I do not recommend going quickly. However, if I would have waited in between colorings, I don't think I would have ruined my hair as badly; so yes, I do take the blame for that.

My hair did go through the stages from black to orange (1st use), orange to almost neon yellow (2nd use), and yellow to platinum (3rd use). I did it a 4th time just to make sure the color was even throughout my hair.

My agent was amazed and everything worked out in the end...except I had to deep condition like crazy! But hey, it got me jobs and that's all that matters :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by tinannibal

I wanted to dye my hair a brown colour, but from experience the colour never appears very vibrantly as my hair is thick and dark. I decided to bleach my hair first, then add the colour. The packaging of SUPERBLONDE told me that this will prelighten my naturally dark hair. I followed the instructions and rinsed. To my horror my hair was a disgusting ORANGE in some places, yellow in others, and a lot of my hair was still black.

I would not recommend this for Asian people with black hair. Go to the hair dressers if you want to dye your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS PRODUCT!! OMFG! I have light brown hair and wanted to get blonde highlights. My friend works at a salon so we just did the highlighting at my house with foils. Maybe this was not meant for highlights or foiling? Whatever, I am screwed now because my hair is a BANANA COLOR!! YELLOW!! WITH A LOT OF BRASSY TONES! OMG! I HATE IT! .......I left it in my hair for the full 40 minutes because it says not to leave it in any longer than that because it can really damage your hair even more! Wow, I hate this stuff. I have to go to the salon now and get my hair re-highlited because it does not even look blonde, it looks yellow! ew!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I've been using a Garnier hair color kit for lightening my hair for the past few months. I've been very happy with it, but the last time I went to the store they must have been restocking because they only had darker shades in stock. I browsed around a little and grabbed this because the shade seemed to match the platinum shade I like my hair to be.
When I used this, my light brown roots were about 1/2 an inch long. The directions say to apply this to your roots last and to let it sit for a shorter amount of time there, but I ignored that and I'm glad I did. (With help), I applied this from root to tip and the color turned out very even all over my head. This was a little brassy for the first few days, but some purple shampoo evened that out. Also, for a few days after using this, my hair felt a little fried (more so than with other products I've tried), but again, a good shampoo and conditioner took that issue away.
I really liked that the product is blue, so it's easy to see where you've applied. The smell on this wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't as strong as others I've used, either. I used a different L'Oreal bleach kit in the past that left my scalp super itchy and irritated, but this one wasn't bad.
I can't say I'd recommend this to those with darker hair -- I can definitely see it going orange or bright yellow. I used to change up my hair color all the time, and I can honestly say the best way to go from medium-brown or darker to blonde is with professional treatments -- box treatments just won't do the job as well. But if you're a regular bleacher and you're just looking for a root/all-over touch-up, this isn't too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, if your previous hair coloring experience is fairly close to your natural hair color--be warned this is essentially serious stuff. It has a much stronger smell than "normal" hair color. That said it's not too bad. I did the test strip of hair, and found that the full recommend time would get me the exact blonde I wanted from my dark brown hair. Yay! I had been planning on coloring my hair, so for several days I did a little extra conditioning on my hair. After coloring I've made sure to condition and use hair serums etc. Otherwise, yes, you will end up with very dry hair.
It's important to stress: make sure you time how long you have this in your hair and check what "level" of lightening it's at. If I had stopped at 40 minutes instead of 60 my mom would have called me carrot top instead of blondie ;)
If I had to do it over again I'd probably use an applicator brush on certain parts of my hair to make things easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by amerimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works perfectly on gray hair!

First, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write a review about this product. I found so many helpful tips and suggestions, and cautions, too, which meant I could use this product in an educated manner and got the most out of it. My hair was gray all over, as I decided not to color my hair several years ago (I am 57). Now, I am ready for a change, and, after being a red head for many years prior, decided blond was the way to go.

My hair is salt and pepper gray, with more salt on the top and sides, and much more gun-metal or pewter color throughout the back. I was born with medium brown hair. I used this product all over, and decided to just go for it, so I did not bother to do the ends first and the roots last. I put it on, root to end. I left the mix on for the maximum time, 60 minutes, as I wanted the darker areas to get as light as possible.

I noticed some people were concerned about the product drying out on the head and therefore being less effective in those areas. After applying the mix, I always wrap a couple of sheets of plastic wrap around my head, to prevent the areas around the hairline from drying up (a plastic bag will work, too), whenever I color treat my hair.

My results were fantastic! The top and sides turned a lovely snow white, while the back has a very slight yellow/orange hue. It is extremely slight, and I know this is normal, considering how dark my hair was. I am very, very happy. I already had some Clairol blue/purple shampoo and conditioner at home, so I used that right after I lightened to reduce the brassiness. I am sure if I use the blue shampoo several more times, it would eliminate all of it. I could leave my hair as it is right now (it looks that good!), but my skin tone is medium with a yellow base, so white is not the most complementary color I could wear next to it. I think I am going to shop for a toner, maybe in a champagne color, just to warm up the color a bit. But, I am definitely going to keep the platinum blond look!

Overall, I loved, loved this product. And I feel more youthful with the gray gone! A few reviewers have commented on the odor or smell of the product. Considering the lightener's strength, I thought it smelled very mild and pleasant. I know I'll eventually be dealing with roots again, but I am going to enlist my 15 year old granddaughter to help when the time comes. Thank you, L'oreal, for making a great product that does what it is supposed to do! And good luck to all of the future blonds who are reading this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BeachinLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My natural color is medium brown. I wanted to go blond without the usual frosting (what a pain). I do all of my hair at home, as i've never had luck with salons. Yes, Super Blonde turned my hair a light orang-ie color. I did the lengths of my hair first, then did the roots about half way through. I was expecting this, however as this is completely normal. Bleaching generally takes 2 times. I wasn't looking for platinum - but more of a light ash. After using Super Blonde - Yes, the same day as soon as my hair air-dryed, I applied Loreal Color Blend 106 Medium Ash blonde...my hair is the perfect color!!! I am so pleased with the results and my hair has little dryness (I chalk that up to my use of John Freida hair products). If you know what your getting into and follow the directions - you can't be disappointed!