November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. I was hoping it would tone down my redness (mostly nose-area, thanks to allergies that leave me just sort of perpetually splotchy to a certain degree). The green is barely perceptible and does nothing to neutralize the red. As a primer it's even worse - my makeup smears together (eye makeup) and/or balls up (most foundations); one way or the other, my makeup has worn off far earlier in the day than it does without the primer. Won't even finish it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by koalasarenotbears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely primer, that gives a smooth base for foundation.

In warm, humid weather, I put it on straight after washing, without any moisturiser (I have dry skin).

I put my bb cream over the top, and the combination gives just enough moisture, and lasts all day.

This product isn't greasy like many other silicone primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this over a year ago, and I ran out of it so I got a new tube. I have really red skin (rosacea), and I like to cover it up.

It doesn't take away all the redness, but it definitely does something. For the best result, put the primer on and blend it into your skin, and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying your foundation. You will notice a little diffrence, but it does NOT cover up all your redness.

As a primer goes, it works wonderful. It keeps your makeup on, smooths your skin so you have a nice base to put your makeup on.

Pro's:
-It's awesome as a primer
-Keeps your makeup on
-Creates a wonderful base
-Takes a away some of your redness
-Has a smart packaging

Con's
-Doesn't take away ALL your redness,

I will buy this again, just because I love it as a primer, but not as much as a corrector. I think if your looking for a corrector you are better off with a green concealer.

Sorry for non-perfect English, I'm Swedish.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have rosacea and I LOVE the green version of this for covering up the redness in my cheeks. Within seconds of applying it, I can see the redness drain from my cheeks.

It's amazing, incredible, wonderful but I don't like applying it all over my face because it does leave a greenish cast.

I removed one lippie because it is expensive. Fortunately, I use a pea sized amount so it lasts a long time. Another reason for no perfect score is that it does dry my cheeks out. I have dry skin already and this doesn't help with the dehydration.

Overall, reducing the redness trumps any other issues I have. It's almost a miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer two weeks ago and I wanted to test it before writing a review. My skin is very pink MAC NW15, MUFE HD 115, or maybelline fit me 115. I have a bit f rosacea and lot of redness on my tamples and cheeks. My skin is also dry and reactive.

When you first put this primer it feels very soft. It has absolutely no smell which I love. It really neutralise most of my redness. Sure the brighter spots are still shinning through put concealer can take care of that. If it were any more green it would leave a green cast to the skin. The foundation glides through really easily. I even tested it on my boughtfriend on one side of his face and most of his redness was gone.

Would I recommand it? Sure if you have larger red areas and you can afford it. Here it cost 48 can$ before tax and I live in the province with the higher taxes... I will probably try MUFE HD primer in blue for the summer since my skin i usually less red and save this very expensive primer for the colder months.

I really love it though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FYI: My skin: NC20, asian, easily congested, and sensitive.

I bought this because my face (to be specific, cheeks) can turn red easily (Weather, alcohol) and I was envious of girls whose face color matched their body. Anyway, I tried the GREEN (adjust) not believing that it can even out my skin, and it did - not only did it help even out my skin color, but my pores were minimized, and gave me angelic dewiness....I felt like I wasn't looking at my own skin in the mirror! I love how my skin looks with this on, so much better than without makeup. Any foundation you put on goes so much smoother. Now I can't wait to use the original and see how I do with it!

Will continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I have used this for the past couple of months and absolutely love the way it feels on my skin and also how it almost instantly gets rid of my redness, which my whole face basically has that since I am so pale I get very splotchy. This has been a life saver. When I wear foundation this helps it stay on way more than normally it would and makes the application so much easier. I love the silky texture and how easy it blends out. I would recommend this to anyone with redness at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

idk why this is not green in the picture, mine is green though! i have used this for years, it has never broken me out, and always makes my skin look much nicer when applied. i have red undertones, and this somewhat masks them...only slightly though. i am not using this currently because i want to try out other primers, and this one didn't seem to help my skin with oil control. i suggest this primer if your skin is combination/ dry, and you want to wear a light coverage foundation, or even tinted moisturizer. it is expensive but it will last you a decent amount of time, i only use two pumps daily. foundation applies so nicely over this. this used to come in a glass container, it now is plastic. i'm not sure which i prefer considering the container was changed several years ago. HG status.